Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 4,717

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Don't you have PS4 games to play as well? The console is backwards compatible for a reason. Not saying just only play PS4 games, but the odd title here and there inbetween titles. PS4 games will get a boost too so you will be playing a better version in most cases. That is what I'll be doing anyway. I think there will be enough games available anyway, unless a whole load get delayed because of COVID.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Hmmmm, I get that but part of me is a bit para that the console could be difficult to get hold of further down the line.

I'm the opposite with ps4 games, there is only Cyberpunk that I will be getting and i will hopefully be playing that on PS5. Everything thing else does not really interest me and can wait until I get a PS5. Apart from Cyberpunk I won't be buying any more ps4 games as I've got loads to play any way and plus whatever is on PS NOW.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I’m also worried that if I don’t get PS5 at launch by pre-ordering then it will be many months of searching high and low over the coming year to find one. I could be wrong but I am a little concerned and it’s pushing me more toward pre-order

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution These are uncertain times we live in at the moment, not helped but not having things confirmed this close to a console being released. Nobody knows what the climate will be like come November and how this will effect the distribution of a new console in the long run. I'd rather pre-order at launch just to be safe. In an ideal world we will have loads of PS5 games to play, but unfortunately we are not living in an ideal world at the moment. I have no problem filling the gaps (if any) with games from my PS4 backlog. The console is still being used and the games will be improved, its not like it be in the corner gathering dust with tumbleweed forming.

Anyway hopefully the price, released date and launch line up will be confirmed in the next couple of weeks. Then there will biggest collective sigh of relief recorded lol.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

Just recieved the below in an email from one of the trusted retailers I regularly use:

Untitled

Hopefully this means we will hear some news very soon.

Also interesting when they say it could not go on general sale....

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Ryall

@JohnnyShoulder Sony asking people to register their interest directly must’ve spooked them. Whilst I’m sure you won’t be able to go into a shop on the afternoon of the launch day and buy one I’m sure they’ll be selling lots around launch. It’ll definitely be far more than a paper launch.

Edited on by Ryall

Ryall

Anti-Matter

As usual, i will always wait until at least 5 years from day launch to see Slim model and White color with cheaper price than Fat model. I believe i will have a lot of PS5 games choices to buy after 5 years from now.
But the thing i can do right now is buy the PS5 games first if there are some interesting titles during first 5 years.

Anti-Matter

JohnnyShoulder

This made me chuckle.

JJ2

Xbox SS £249.
I have good hope the PS5 will be affordable now.

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

nessisonett

@JJ2 I dunno, this is the budget version. The full Series X and PS5 could still be about £450 - £550.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Octane

I still expect both consoles to be €500.

Octane

JJ2

@nessisonett
Between £399 and £449 for PS5 and under £399 for DE sounds good to me.
😀

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Kidfried

I mean, if the specs for the Xbox Series S are to believed, this will hardly be a console that any of us want.

• No 4K support
  • No discs
  • 4 teraflops vs. 10.5 and 12 teraflops for the PS5 and XSX respectively (so it will be about PS4 Pro in terms of power)
  • half the RAM

I don't think that will in any way influence the PS5 pricing. I think @Octane 's 500 euro is what we should expect.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Kidfried

I do think the Xbox Series S looks really good. And for a moment I actually considered it... the specs and the fact that Microsoft themselves don't shout those specs from the rooftops, make me pretty confident this console won't even be an improvement over my Pro.

Kidfried

JJ2

@Kidfried
SeX is rumoured to be same price as XB1X

BearsEatBeets

One of the early leaks had Series S at $299 and Series X at $499, both releasing Nov 10th. Interesting that they only confirmed the pic and price of the S.

Also this is appearing now.
Untitled

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Kidfried

@JJ2 so that's about 400-450 euro. That's a great price, would make a lot of sense and will certainly lure in a lot of gamers.

Kidfried

Kidfried

@BearsEatBeets I just don't get why they would announce the price for the S... probably because it's its main selling point and the console itself leaked online like crazy.

From a consumer perspective it's just a really weird way of announcing things:

• specs for the x, but no spects for the s
  • no price for the x, but a price for the s

It's a confusing way of announcing things. And many casual followers of this news will expect the Xbox X, with 12 teraflops, to be 299 now, based on how they announced things.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

HallowMoonshadow

Why's it got a speaker on the top? (Kidding I assume that's the venting for the fan?)

Looks pretty bad though to me. Aside from The Black Spot looks no different to an S right? I'm sure some people are gonna get a little confused with The Xbox One S and The Xbox Series S...

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic