Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 621 to 640 of 4,712

WebHead

Ghost of Tshushima is coming out at the end of June. Tells me sony is still confident PS5 can launch this holiday.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

PSN: JTPrime93

JohnnyShoulder

@JJ2 I would not put it past MS if history is anything to go by lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JJ2

The more I think of it the more it seems if Lockard is real then there has to be two ps5 models too. It's like cold war stuff haha. Either you ban both but if one side has it then the other side needs to match it (unfortunately)
Maybe why these late testing with Navi 10 lite thing that wasnt rdna2 right?
Maybe they ll make a deal not to release them in the end?

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

Ryall

@JJ2 I have a feeling that a second PlayStation model will be launching alongside the PlayStation five. It will be a lot cheaper and be all digital or have a top loading disk drive. It will be called the PlayStation four.

Ryall

JohnnyShoulder

@JJ2 Apparently Lockhart wont be releasing at the same time as Series X, which is a bit weird.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JJ2

@JohnnyShoulder
No that makes sense. That's what I thought because the passionate will buy the higher end model at launch anyway and they dont want cannibalize it. Also shortage concerns.
It makes sense to release a cheaper model after the launch model starts losing steams.

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

JJ2

@Ryall
The PlayStation 4U haha

BearsEatBeets

It's strange that considering Microsoft has fully announced a lot of info for the Series X, I don't think they have said a word about Lockhart since revealing that name/model a couple of E3's ago. I'm curious if it's still happening. I don't think Sony will do a separate model for launch, I would imagine you would want all production capacity being used to make your primary console to meet demand for a worldwide launch. Plus it avoids confusion for relatives buying new consoles as presents.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@JJ2 Maybe it is strange in my head, because it is usually done the other way round. We had the Xbox SAD console after the X but the S was already out there.

@BearsEatBeets Lockhart was rumoured to be scrapped, then rumoured to be on again. I'm not a fan of the idea as I've previously mentioned. One console would always suffer as the lower powered console would get gimped games or the more powerful console would get games not reaching their full potential.

WebHead

We also have to remember duirng the PS4 Pro buildup sony mentioned that they want a more apple like reveal to release window.

I could see sony waiting till after ghost of tsushima to come out. It'll drive a few forums nuts but oh well.

WebHead

BearsEatBeets

@WebHead Yeah it wouldn't surprise me if Sony concentrate on their final PS4 games before turning the spotlight on the PS5. It would be nice if that's not the case but I've accepted it may be the outcome.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Jaz007

I don't think Sony will have a lesser system. It will create a problem for one more powerful, the better the lowest base system, the better the next-gen is. Games won't be able to be fully developed for the better power, and the last thing we need at the start of a long gen is a toned down system. It'll have worse age issues at the of the gen than a console normally would. The stronger the next gen starts the better. Sony has had a history of squeezing their consoles for what they can do, and I doubt they want to restrict their studios. They may have thankfully dropped stuff the PS3's Cell, but I don't think they'll swing so far in the other direction.
I also think they don't want the confusing mess Xbox is creating for themselves again. They're repeating a bad history I don't think Sony will do.

Jaz007

WebHead

@BearsEatBeets different times and there's different people running the show. Adam Boyes, Andrew House, Shawn Layden and Kaz Hirai are gone.

WebHead

JJ2

@Jaz007
What if the difference is mainly about RDNA1 (no RT, no 3d sound) vs RDNA2 and memory etc?
It's all matter of perspective. If the 'lower' model is like 9TFlop then that's very powerful.
If it's like Lochart rumoured 4TFlop then yes it's a problem.

Edited on by JJ2

Jaz007

@JJ2 At first it might not seem like a big issue at first, but think about 7 years later. Games will have to made to run on that older system. At that point we'll be feeling the ramifications stronger as games are bottle-necked by the weakest system. MS worries me a little with it too. I think that system might kinda get the shaft if they have a similar sales split though. The only extra model at launch I'd be okay with is a larger hard drive.

Jaz007

JJ2

@Jaz007
Oh I mainly agree with you. I'm just trying to understand what's happening. Possibly the Lockart and whatever PS equivalent are just for competition leverage and may get cancelled.

JJ2

So with HZD pc news I feel what HH said about ps5 got buried.
'You know, these are the most exciting times when you develop on a console. We are super hard at work at the moment… and honestly, I can’t wait to talk to you in more detail about that.'
That means more interviews on ps blog about ps5 coming up I guess?
Hopefully that would be after a proper reveal soon.

Edited on by JJ2

JohnnyShoulder

@JJ2 Sounds kinda generic what he said, he's not gonna say its crap and we have nothing to say until the summer lol.

JJ2

@JohnnyShoulder
'can’t wait to talk to you in more detail'
Is what I noticed.

Edited on by JJ2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic