Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 4,441 to 4,460 of 4,717

nomither6

render wrote:

I just want to play a game.

and they took that literal and thats all the PS5 is for.

nomither6

Kidfried

@render I downloaded one theme at the start of the PS's life (something rather generic and blue), and during my time with the console tried different themes, but always changed it back to boring blue after a day. I liked the concept of themes, but if I'm honest I don't care and just want my interface to be simple.

Kidfried

KilloWertz

@render About a year ago I would have agreed with your second paragraph, but unfortunately they had to go and ruin that in a sense by forcing the Activity Cards on everybody. I was one that really liked having the game's artwork in the background too, but now that's gone for PS5 games and it gets replaced with screenshots from the games. It's nowhere near as clean now, and it's stupid considering the Activity Cards are right underneath the Resume Activity and Play Game buttons anyways. All because they thought people weren't using them at all. I still am not even though they stare me right in the face now.

I had no issues with having Activity Cards from the start, but they're not always reliable anyways. They can take you to a point prior to your game save, and if the game autosaves frequently, then you lose progress. It's not something that can happen constantly, but it is one reason why I never use them. The Game Tip videos are much more useful. I wish they would just revert the game pages on the Home screen back to their artwork instead of the forced Activity Cards as, like I said above, they were always easy to access anyways and it messed up their clean and much nicer design of the UI. Plus, it can even manage to be a spoiler in a rare case (Crisis Core).

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Th3solution

@render Interesting about the Help/Tips for Demon’s Souls. I didn’t realize that game utilized the Tip features.

I’ve only used the Help/Tip feature a few times but it was great for collectibles and trophy mopping in Astobot and Rift Apart. I’ve also used it a couple times in Hogwarts for collectibles and activity mopping up, but the game itself does a decent job with its map.

@AgentCooper I quite like the app. It’s great for checking a game trophy list, quickly claiming my PS+ games, and now transferring screenshots. I’ve utilized downloading a game to my console remotely a couple times too. It’s nice how the PS5 communicates immediately with the PSN and app too, unlike the PS4 which was pretty spotty about when/if your trophies would be synced. I’m still trying to get myself out of the habit of loading up my trophies at the end of each play session to ensure they synced since PS5 does it in real time already.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jaz007

@KilloWertz Activity cards are way too chaotic and unreliable. It should honestly just be made into a standard resume button that loads you right back into your game. I love using them as that, but not as anything else. It's a good basic idea that got way overcomplicated.

Jaz007

Voltan

I have some bad news about today's Showcase.
I seem to have misplaced my PS socks so I won't be wearing them during it.
I do have the t-shirt though.

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan I can wear mine if that helps? I might even put on my PlayStation symbols lights on. I doubt I'll be watching it live though.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan Ha ha! Do you also have the one that you push down to turn on, and the start up music for PS1 plays?

I've also got a load of coasters which are like mini PS1 game cases. They even have the blurb and screenshots on the back!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Voltan

@JohnnyShoulder Nah, mine just has a switch on the side that toggles between off/on/cycling between individual symbols lighting up. I keep it in the latter mode

The coasters sound cool

Voltan

MightyDemon82

My Router has decided to die. Looks like I'll have to watch the showcase over the weekend 😞.

MightyDemon82

Voltan

@MightyDemon82 Oh no!

On that note, I just realized I'll be at a festival during the SGF showcase, so I'll just be catching up on summaries and watching select trailers from that, I guess.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

MightyDemon82

@Voltan I'll probably check out updates on the site later on and then watch it once my new Router turns up either tomorrow or Friday!

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan Here is one of the coasters I have at work.

I have a few more at home too.

Untitled
Untitled

Bundersvessel

I haven’t seen much chatter going about Humanity, has anyone here played it yet? I’ve spent a couple of nights with it this week and have to say I’m really impressed. It’s a simple yet addictive concept and gave me the same kind of buzz i got playing Portal for the first time. I’ll hopefully have some more in-depth impressions after a few more sessions but i can recommend it highly as a ps plus gem 👍

Kidfried

@AgentCooper I think it's the kind of game I would really love. I'm kind of waiting for it to be included in the club, but might not be able to restrain myself that much.

Speaking about Portal-likes, have you played Talos Principle?

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Voltan

@AgentCooper I played through the tutorial + 1 level so far but I'm definitely going to play more. I was playing it in VR and while I don't think it's transformative to the game in any way, it sure is nice

I also really liked the trailer for Talos 2 and it sounds like my kinda game so I'll probably check out the 1st one soon

Voltan

CaptD

Talos principle was great, thoroughly recommend. Apparently it was playable on pc in VR, not sure whether it was just a mod but it is the ideal VR game and I'm surprised the second one isn't PSVr2 supported but then I say that about a lot of games.

CaptD

BearsEatBeets

The more I see/hear about this the more interested I get. I'll probably wait on some reviews to make sure there are no major flaws but this is probably the game I'm most excited for outside Spider-Man 2 right now.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic