Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 4,401 to 4,420 of 4,712

RogerRoger

@Jaz007 Based on your reply up there, I'd recommend checking out Star Wars: Squadrons. It's always selling for super-cheap nowadays and has a solid, seven-hour campaign which bounces you between a Rebel and an Imperial. You never have to switch sides in order to interact with some interesting, well-written Imperial characters, and ultimately get to "win" twice in a satisfying conclusion to both parallel storylines. Arguably, it's what the Battlefront II campaign should've been.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger @Jaz007 It was also on PS+, if you sub and redeemed the game.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Good tip, cheers! I'd forgotten about that!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

Random question here —
Do you all delete your game save files from your PS5 (or PS4 for that matter) after you’re done with the game?

I have all my save files going back 6-7 years (or more) backed up on the cloud and also still on my console. When I got my PS5 I ported all my PS4 saves. So I have these games backed up and then double backed up on two consoles 😅

I’ve never worried about it because save files are generally not that big. A couple hundred MB at the most. But the cumulative effect has now over 10 GB of save files taking up space on my PS5.

Surely I should just delete any saves that I not currently playing if they’re on the cloud. But I’m so weird about it, a little voice in my head says “what if the cloud save is corrupted or lost”…

The logical side of my brain knows how silly this sounds and also that the chances of me playing something like The Bunker or Severed again is nil, since I platinum’d them. Am I ever really going back to Never Alone or DriveClub? Of course not. But I sure do have their save files sitting dormant for eternity. I need to have a purging of my console.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KilloWertz

Even though I've had PS Plus for years and my game saves are in the cloud as well, I don't delete them off of my consoles either. I never transferred them from my PS4 Pro to the PS5 as I can just rely on the cloud for that, but I'm sure I will build up quite the folder of game saves on my PS5 over the years. Like you said, overall they are pretty small and won't make or break hard drive space. If my folder ever gets as large as your's has and that makes a difference, then I need to be worrying about deleting games more than anything else.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

sorteddan

@Th3solution
I ALWAYS delete game save files off of the console after I have decided I am done with the game and making sure they are uploaded to the cloud. I figure I can always download them again if I need them. I rarely need them.
Guess you and me are opposites in that regard.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Th3solution

@sorteddan The limited drive space on the base PS5 is probably going to cure me of this digital hoarding. Or maybe I should just install some extra memory so I don’t have to deal with it. 😅

@KilloWertz Yeah, I deleted some games too, in anticipation for Jedi Survivor’s rumored large install requirement. But I’m the process of poring over my drive, I was surprised to see game save file to have ballooned to over 10 GB. I’m not sure if I’ll spend the time to go over each game one by one or, like you say, it’s just easier to delete a large 30GB game in one fell swoop.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution I was going to say that yes, I have previously cleared out old save data but the 10GB of game saves on my console back to 2014 would suggest otherwise!

Thrillho

LtSarge

@KilloWertz Thanks, that's good to hear!

Yeah I'm not noticing any coil wine from my PS5. I did remember reading about this though. Hasn't Sony revised the PS5 quietly throughout the years? Could it be that they've fixed this issue with the current model?

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge No problem.

Yes, they have made some internal changes over time, so I suppose it's possible. I've never seen any confirmation about that, but I guess you never know. Or I just cursed you and it will start up the next time you turn it on.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Jaz007

@Th3solution I don’t. I figure it’s not with the trouble for that much space. 10GB to me ain’t worth fussing over tiny save files a lot and redownloading them if need be.

Jaz007

Jaz007

@RogerRoger I’ve played most of it in VR (I should finish it) and I quite appreciate that aspect of it. I wish we would have stuff like that more. It also reminds me of the Cybertron Transformers games on PS3 and how you played both Decepticons and Autobots. It was so much fun and such a great idea. Those are two games that could use a remaster.

Jaz007

Pizzamorg

Anyone picking up Dead Island 2 in just under a week? I would have got it on PC, but apparently its an Epic exclusive, which makes it no cheaper than consoles and I am pretty sure they confirmed it is 60 fps on PS5, so at least it isn't another console release frustratingly at an archaic 30 fps cap. Have a hard time shooting on a controller unless there is gyro, but my understanding is this is mostly melee based anyway and I love the PS5 controller, so it seems like the best experience may be there.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Anti-Matter

Is it true there will be PS5 Slim on this year ?

Anti-Matter

Kidfried

The internet brings up the worst in people, doesn't it? Everyone in that Activision article (all sides of the discussion by the way) acting like they're the expert with no feeling of responsibility to speak the truth. They'll just say whatever comes up and first their chosen narrative.

Ugh, people...

Kidfried

LN78

@Kidfried That's mild sauce. For a real dose of scum and villainy, go over to IGN and read the comments under the "Little Mermaid" trailer article. On second thoughts, don't...

LN78

Kidfried

@LN78 Yea, you're right... I just still have trouble adapting to the internet age, even though the internet has been here pretty much all my life.

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried People get real angry on behalf of their chosen billionaires. The real question should be when is Kotick going to be put in stocks and pelted with tomatoes by everyone that he’s wronged. Although then he’d be in those stocks for the rest of his life.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Kidfried

@nessisonett Dont get your hopes up. Justice and billionaires? Maybe they're the same thing, because I've never seen those two together.

Kidfried

Th3solution

As a pleasant surprise, I think that my PS5 is actually a little quieter after I had to move it due a furniture rearrangement.

The disc drive has always been the loudest aspect to the console, and still is, but it makes less noise during the spinning moments now. I have it horizontal, by the way, and so I think that there’s a nebulous ‘sweet spot’ for fitting the behemoth unit into that little oddly shaped stand, otherwise the physics of the whole thing creates more rattling of the plastic casing.

Anyways, I just thought I’d drop a PSA that you might try readjusting how your PS5 is seated into the stand to see if you get a quieter outcome. It’s not orders of magnitude, but a smidgen quieter is much appreciated.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic