Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 4,381 to 4,400 of 4,712

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger I can't comment on the animated stuff actually, but Mandalorian also qualifies since it has the letters a, n, d, o, r in it. I was hoping you'd pick up on that, but alas. You put a lot of work into trying to defend everything else that has been mediocre at best though.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

RogerRoger

@KilloWertz I was gonna make a comment about adding the letter M to your list, then I went crazy, and then I just ended up regretting the whole endeavour.

Anyway, this is neither the time nor the place, and I don't wanna be negative, so I'll leave it there.

On the subject of Burning Shores though, I really do hope you'll share your thoughts (and screencaps) as you go! As careful as I am about spoilers, I tend not to worry about DLC too much. I don't know why that is. Quite a lot of DLC nowadays ends up being quite important to a series' ongoing narrative, but there's just something in the back of my mind that figures, "Heck, a lot of folks skip a game's DLC anyway, so it can't be too crucial, right?" Not that I'd ever intentionally spoil it for anybody else, of course, but I wouldn't kick myself for seeing details of the odd boss battle beforehand.

That's my long-winded way of saying please, feel free to send me whatever you'd like!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger It's fine. I appreciate the effort to try to be funny at least. I sometimes fail too, so other than taking up space, no harm done.

Fair enough. I was being honest about only liking Andor and The Mandalorian out of the live action TV shows, and obviously Disney is the common denominator there, but I was just messing with you knowing how big of a fan you are. Even though I don't play online games anymore, we can duel it out on one if need be.

Ok, since you put it that way, I will be sending nothing to you and not posting my thoughts at all. Seriously though, I will. How many screenshots I'll take will depend on how many I think of taking while playing and also how long the DLC is (length might be another reason you tend to not worry about spoilers). I have several from the main game on my PS5, but never even entered the competition on here even though I think a few of them are rather good. It depends on the game, and obviously how much shorter this will be compared to the main game, the possibility of me forgetting to take some during some of it is not out of the question.

RogerRoger

@KilloWertz Oh, I know, but thanks! And hey, we all like what we like, right? I'm not here to stand in judgement of anything or anybody. I just felt that some of my GIF choices crossed the line between "cheeky" and "snarky" and didn't wanna come across with any kind of an edge. Besides, this topic ain't Dex's Diner, so it's best to keep it clean and tidy, I reckon.

Anyway yeah, should you ever find yourself with an active PS Plus subscription and Battlefront II on your console then sure, it'd be an honour to duel with you!

I'm wondering how long Burning Shores will be, too. I found Frozen Wilds to be pretty substantial, at least when I wasn't rushing through its story quests second time around, so I'm guessing this'll be in a similar ballpark; easy to rinse, but with some cool distractions along the way. That might actually help you to remember to take screenshots, if the story's quite short by itself. You might be looking for reasons to hang around, and Photo Mode can certainly become a bit of a rabbit-hole.

Please don't take this as pressure to share anything but, if possible, I'd love to see the screenshots you've already taken in the base game sometime! I'm really looking forward to getting back to a "proper" Photo Mode after wrestling with the bare-bones one which got added to Sonic Frontiers.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Thanks for the input. My PS5 is functioning fine, so it’s unlikely to have been anything erroneous. I think you’re probably right and I must have downloaded an update in the background and then powered off, so it did the weird rebuild on the next power-on.

And… I’m looking forward to Jedi Survivor too. I’m planning on getting it at launch, although at my current rate it might be a few weeks before I get around to playing it. And I predict millions of people will buy it. Whether it will surpass 20 million like Fallen Order, we’ll have to see.

And I suspect @KilloWertz has the deluxe edition pre-ordered and is going to a midnight launch party dressed in Kylo Ren cosplay. You know, the whole “thou doth protest too much, methinks” 😜

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger I haven't had an inactive PS Plus subscription in many years, but Battlefront II isn't free, so I guess we'll just have to duel in our imaginations.

I expect it to be similar to The Frozen Wilds as well. You aren't wrong that there is a good chance I'll actually take some time to do some screenshots given that I will want to do everything, unlike in the main game when I didn't do all of the side "games" like the arena and such to get the platinum as I had already spent around 150 hours. Maybe next time when I replay it before the 3rd game, and in the end it will probably work out for the best as it gives me more of an incentive to play it again, like when I purposely didn't do everything in Cyberpunk 2077 because I knew I'd play it again someday.

I didn't really use the fancy features of the Photo Mode, but I do think I got at least a few pretty good ones regardless. Maybe I will someday when I'm not feeling like my usual lazy self. lol

@Th3solution Oh yes, you nailed it. I obviously have the sequel pre-ordered even though I never played the first one yet. You'd know these things if your PSN name wasn't locked away in the Push Square vaults.

I do plan on playing it at some point though after it was one of the PS Plus Essential games recently. I had planned on playing it well before now, but had heard about how difficult it can be at times. I'll just play it on Easy whenever I do play it, and then play Jedi Survivor someday unless it somehow sucks. The games can avoid the Disney curse.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Sometimes a working console is all we can ask for, but trust me, I know the "something out of the ordinary happened" panic all too well, my friend.

Glad you're getting hyped, and hope that you're able to get around to it as soon as possible, if only so that you're kept safe from any potential spoilers! It'll definitely top the charts, for sure. Folks were understandably cautious about the previous game (new characters, EA's reputation, disbelief in its single player status and lack of loot boxes, etc.) so this time, we'll see the true measure of its popularity.

That being said, it's an embarrassment of riches out there right now. Cal's returning right between the one-two punch of Hogwarts Legacy and The Lord of the Rings: Gollum for AAA fantasy fans, not to mention The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom over on Switch. We've just had the Resi 4 Remake being all kinds of awesome, and with Burning Shores about to drop...? Let's just say I wouldn't blame anybody for deciding to prioritise what they purchase and play right away!

@KilloWertz Ah, never mind, then! That's why I led with the PS Plus part of the equation, though, because I believe Battlefront II was given away "free" to subscribers a while back.

To our imaginations, then, where... wait, hold on, why am I still losing in my own head...?!

Yeah, the base game is simply too large to continually stop and smell the roses, so to speak. I stopped short of the platinum, let alone a 100% save file, banking on the fact that there'd be a DLC expansion similar to Frozen Wilds in the pipeline, as well as the NG+ trophies that got added shortly after launch, same as before. I'm undecided whether I'll tie Burning Shores in to my planned NG+ (and therefore platinum) playthrough or whether I'll just enjoy its story and save a complete run for the far future. Might have to just see how I'm feeling on the day I eventually download the new content.

Whatever my approach, I'm sure it'll be screencaps a-go-go for a few weeks!

Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

@RogerRoger Wouldn’t Gollum be an AA game? And did it start looking better? I remember it being rather unimpressive looking.

Jaz007

RogerRoger

@Jaz007 Alas, I wouldn't know. Can't stand The Lord of the Rings myself. I added it more to make the point about fantasy fans having their attention divided. There's a lot of crossover between the various individual fanbases, after all. Maybe I meant that The Lord of the Rings was an AAA franchise? If so, I should've made that clearer, my apologies. I do hope the game's good, though, for the fans' sakes.

Making It So Since 1987

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger It probably was, but since it's an online only game, I would have passed on it. I claimed a couple of online only games when the PS5 had just come out, but I've never played them, so back to my usual ways.

I'll be nice and let you sort that one out.

I'm sure you could make that last line a song if you wanted to...

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yeah, I hadn’t thought about the Harry Potter - Star Wars - Lord of the Rings licensed game trifecta we have right now. Add on a Marvel game coming, Spider-Man 2, and a DC game coming, Suicide Squad and it would seem 2023 has all the major Sci-Fi/Fantasy/geek squad covered. If we only had a Star Trek game coming it would be a clean sweep.
(Which I say “geek” with all endearment as I proudly consider myself one of them).

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@KilloWertz Battlefront II does have a solid amount of single player content, including a full story-driven campaign, but the ratio is still about 65/35 in favour of its multiplayer modes. I'm just noting that for the record; given the handful of PS Plus games I've claimed yet never played over the years, I've stopped claiming anything else altogether, even if I'm interested in it, so I understand your ways!

@Th3solution ...except that there is a Star Trek game coming out in May. It's called Star Trek: Resurgence and is a choice-based narrative developed by former Telltale staff.

Don't worry, I'd completely forgotten about it as well, and I'm a freakin' Trekkie! It's too much!!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Say what?!? Welp, we have all the franchises covered it seems. Not a Trekkie myself, but I appreciate it’s widespread multigenerational appeal.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Yep, that's a geeky bingo!

The game itself has been delayed almost a year, and looks as clunky as those older Telltale games always did, so the whole thing'll live or die by the quality of its writing.

Honestly, I'm just kinda glad it's not gonna be an 80-hour RPG, given our discussion(s)!

Making It So Since 1987

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger I did not know about the single player actually. I'm still going to pass though. I only have so much time to play and a long list that is my backlog to try to work through.

LtSarge

So I've had my PS5 for a little over two weeks now and here are my thoughts about it so far:

The system is so quiet! I've been using my PS4 in between and it gets so loud with most games I play. The PS5 never gets loud, it's absolutely fantastic!

I love the fast load times with PS5 titles. When I started playing Miles Morales, the game started up rather fast. But after playing the game several times, it boots up even faster and it even skips the start-up screens. It's awesome!

I also really like how you can see how long you've been playing a game, just like with Nintendo titles. It's such a nice feature.

The DualSense is great, it's definitely my favourite PlayStation controller. Feels great to hold, I love the adaptive triggers and the battery life is noticeably longer than the DualShock 4's.

I'm genuinely flabbergasted at how much I've been playing on PS5. I rarely play games during weekdays anymore due to work as I get home and I'm always so tired. But now I'm constantly looking forward to getting home from work so that I can play on PS5. This system has truly reinvigorated my interest in video games.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Jaz007

@RogerRoger I thought about playing the campaign, but I’m just tired of the “turned to the rebellion” stuff. If they made a pure Empire campaign where you and your motivations didn’t take a 180 (even if not a harsh 180) I’d be much more interested.

Jaz007

LtSarge

I have a question regarding DLC. Let's say I have a physical PS4 game that offers a PS5 upgrade, such as Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Are the PS5 versions of the DLCs for the game compatible with the PS5 upgrade?

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge You should be just fine. The PS5 upgrade would be exactly the same as if you purchased the PS5 version.

I'm glad you're highly enjoying your PS5, btw. While mine is indeed a lot quieter than the PS4 Pro, I do wish they had put in the extra effort to make sure there wouldn't be any coil wine. It's not bad, but the humming sound or whatever it is does keep it from being as whisper quiet as it should be. Maybe you got lucky like some people have or you just don't notice it. Not a huge deal obviously as it's still a really good system regardless.

Edited on by KilloWertz

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic