Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 4,181 to 4,200 of 4,717

Ryall

@Anti-Matter It’s been leaked for PS5 slim will have a detachable disc drive. I don’t think we have any details other than that.

Ryall

nessisonett

Holy crap, plugged the DualSense into my PS3 on a hunch and it turns out yeah, it’s recognised as a microphone in Guitar Hero/Rock Band. Thank god for those PS5 gimmicks, now I can stumble through Should I Stay Or Should I Go and embarrass myself!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Wow, that is a surprise! One bit of backwards compatibility that Sony's gotten right!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Probably the only time you will get something natively working from PS3 on a PS5!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

MightyDemon82

Now that we are into 2023, and with the circus that is game of the year comments sections. What games will be divisive that release this year do you reckon?

FFXVI will definitely be one and most likely Forspoken!

Edited on by MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

KilloWertz

@MightyDemon82 All of them because people love to complain and argue about everything online.

BTW, Final Fantasy XIV has been out for years.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

MightyDemon82

@KilloWertz It's great that people are passionate about their hobby but does it really matter If one great game places higher than another on some list?

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

@MightyDemon82 I will never forget people having a problem with Sekiro when it won GOTY, deeming it too hard to win such an award.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

MightyDemon82

@JohnnyShoulder I really need to play that. Such a strange reason to not want a game take the top spot.

Maybe 2023 will be the year I get through all Fromsoft games. Looks like this year is full of potential bangers!

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

@MightyDemon82 What did you make of the Hellboy game recently announced?

MightyDemon82

@JohnnyShoulder I definitely want to know more. Mignola isn't a fan of his art style being replicated in other media so interested to hear how they got him to agree to that. Certainly looks great just hope the writing and gameplay match those gorgeous visuals!

MightyDemon82

KilloWertz

@MightyDemon82 Everybody always blames autocorrect. Maybe one of these times it's actually just the person that screwed up.

Honestly, not really. I will say it's a shame Horizon Forbidden West hasn't gotten more recognition in any area really given that it's my favorite game of the year (outside of being on the list, but never at #1), but it doesn't change the fact that it was my amazing experience for the year like others had with Elden Ring or God of War Ragnarok.

belmont

OK rant time...

So, am I the only one that hates the PS5 UI? It is very convoluted and confusing and, since I use it rarely, I cannot remember where some stuff are. Also tapping or long pressing the PS key takes you to a different menu...

But the biggest problem of all is the updates? Why you cannot update all games?
Only the games that are in the main window seem to be updated automatically. PS4 games that are on external HDD of PS5 game backups do not update automatically... THERE IS NO CHECK FOR UPDATE on each game like the PS4. You have to start the game to trigger the update... Even PSP has this option!

I am not missing some obvious setting somewhere, am I?

This is clearly an issue on all PS consoles. On my PS4 sometimes updates start normally but most of the time I have to check the games manually ONE BY ONE!! Same with my Vita...

Edited on by belmont

belmont

KilloWertz

@belmont It is a worse issue on the PS5 than previous consoles since you can't even go into your library and check for updates manually like you could on the PS4. I agree that this part of the UI is pretty bad and there's really no excuse why it hasn't been improved by now since it was and still is an option on the PS4. It's dumb that you have to either start the game or put in the disc (if you have physical copies) in order to get the game back on the home screen so it will update. I have had a rare occurrence here and there where a game on the internal drive will actually update on it's own even if it's not on the list, but 90% of the time (if not more) it has to be on the home screen. I uninstalled and redownloaded GTAV to get the latest update since I had yet to play it and didn't want to start it yet until I was ready to actually play it sometime.

They really need to get rid of forcing the activity cards on us as well, replacing the game's art and such with an activity from the game. It is completely useless since the activity cards are right under the Resume Activity and Play Game buttons, and it's even worse if one of the images used for the activity has a spoiler in it by showing an image of a character that hadn't been introduced in the game yet.

ChadR

I mostly like the UI but I do agree that not being able to check for updates in your library is rubbish. Common Sony.. Otherwise I like how the UI works. Especially how it’s easier to switch to headphones, that gets a thumbs up from me.

ChadR

NEStalgia

Here's a question that doesn't really fit in any other thread: For any US customers who have purchased consoles from PS Direct, they require a signature. Does anyone know which company they use and what type of signature they require, and if it can be pre-signed like I know Apple allows with FedEx?

I'm still tempted to preorder PSVR2. Still have mixed feelings about the price and figure it'll probably be discounted at Black Friday, but the signature thing always puts me off vs buying it from retailers, and I'm not necessarily expecting it to be impossible to get at retailers like consoles are.

I logged into my account on PS Direct and it had a new type of Capatcha that asked me to rotate the animal to face a shown arrow and had a cute little piglet to spin....that was surprisingly adorable and I have never seen that before. I want that minigame on all my loading screens from now on.

@belmont I don't hate the UI, but I have multiple pet peeves about it. The biggest by far, though, is reversing the short and long press of PS, so that short press does not go home like PS4, and long press does not bring up the power/settings menu. I wouldn't mind short press bringing up the "guide" since that matches how XB works too, but long press still should have gone to the power/settings menu like every other system ever. Short press, scroll all the way to the right, then hit X then X again is just an irritating power down mode. Or worse, Long press by mistake, then try to back out with circle which then resets the cursor to the PS store instead of going to the game again, then scroll back to the game icon then hit X to go back into it then hit PS again to bring up the menu (hopefully right this time) then scroll. It just drives me crazy every time, and it will never not drive me crazy.

NEStalgia

KilloWertz

@NEStalgia From my experience with when I got my PS5 from them over a year and a half ago, they use FedEx and just require the basic signature when they get to the door. Ever since the pandemic, I've also had a driver just sign their little gadget themselves once they deliver it to you. I will note that they used UPS for my God of War Ragnarok pre-order though, and their signature confirmation can be done on their website as long as the company allows it.

NEStalgia

@KilloWertz Thanks! Still debating about it vs just waiting until it's at Amazon and Walmart. So many nightmare stories about signature deliveries. FedEx is usually fine, and unless it's disallowed the online signing usually works. UPS I've had issues with. The one and only time I signed online for them, instead of leaving it, OR just not and trying again, they instead delivered it to a drug store and left a slip that I have to go pick it up. Which is worse than either of the options and I never gave them permission to do that. I'd let it sit there and return to sender if they tried that again.

Did they make you sign for GoWR? The site says signature is only for PS4, PS5 consoles, and PSVR.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic