Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 3,921 to 3,940 of 4,712

KilloWertz

@Voltan You might be right, but it still is pretty annoying. It should be no different than when it comes out, which is still 3 and a half hours away here, that you'd have the option to buy it or upgrade my subscription.

As nice as the Store looks on the PS5, Sony really needs to do some serious work on it, but I have my doubts they will at this point since there's been several issues with the UI itself that have gone untouched.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

colonelkilgore

Yep, although I wasn't really excited for Stray the fact its been received so well means that I'll deffo pick it up at some point. I like a chilled-out game with a pretty short run-time every now and then.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

I think for other games that are on the service, such as Wild Arms for example, when you go to buy it you get a message to see if you wanna sub to Extra. So I don't see a reason why they can't do the same for pre-orders too. I suppose if pre-orders go up, then it gets annouced as part of Extra, would people then get refunded?

But not being able to pre-order a digital game is hardly the end of the world is it? Sure it is nice to get the game pre-loaded and stuff, but it is not like it is going to be sold out, is it?

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

@Grumblevolcano While that's still very useful, my understanding is that the lists will only be available on the "game library" screen, not directly on the home screen itself.
I'm definitely taking advantage of that as soon as it leaves beta though - gotta make a "to play" list for PS Plus games.

Also: 1440p output was a very much requested feature as it will let PC monitor users utilize the 120fps modes without HDMI 2.1 ports. No VRR in that mode unfortunately (not yet anyway).

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

MaccaMUFC

Rather than make a new topic, I thought I’d ask a question here. I’m about to get a PS5 soon and when I do I’ll be sharing it between my kids using one profile while being subbed to PS Plus Extra. What I’d like to know, is there any way I can protect my save files? I really don’t want one of my kids to continue where I left off.

MaccaMUFC

Lavalera

@MaccaMUFC making a 2nd profile on the ps5 for the kids should work. I share my ps5 with my wife and she has her own profile on it. She still has acces to everything that I own, including ps plus, but has her own local saves.

Edited on by Lavalera

PSNid: Lavalera

grubsteak

@MaccaMUFC I'd recommend setting up a different profile for your kids. Theres an option in settings "console sharing" and it will allow you to play PS Plus games from a different profile, on other profiles on the same console.

grubsteak

SpikyCat

@MaccaMUFC Agree that making additional profiles is the way to go. I do this with my son and not only does it keep save files separate, it means that, if you've got a child like mine who will ask a million questions once we start playing a new game, and expect me to know everything about the controls and content, then you can play ahead a few hours on your own profile to get the gist, before starting the game afresh on your child's account. That way I get to sound and feel like an expert every time!

SpikyCat

MaccaMUFC

@Lavalera @grubsteak @SpikyCat Thanks for letting me know about setting up separate profiles, I’ll definitely be doing that. I thought the PS Plus Extra subscription would be tied to just one profile. Is there a way I can put a password or pass key on my own profile just in case one of my kids accidentally uses my profile? I know what they are like, I could tell them to use their own profiles but sometimes will not check or care once they boot up the PS5.

MaccaMUFC

JohnnyShoulder

@MaccaMUFC You can, on my Dad's console I have it so I enter a 4 digit pin before I can access my profile on it. Pretty sure you can also set it so you have to enter your PSN password too.

MaccaMUFC

@JohnnyShoulder That’s great to know thanks, I shall be doing that then. There is nothing worse than putting the time and effort into a game to only then find out someone has overwritten your local save and started from scratch.

Edited on by MaccaMUFC

MaccaMUFC

Octane

Quick question. How do you clean sticky sticks? I have a second PS5 controller that isn't being used much. It has its dedicated place in the back slot of the charger and remains there only to be used once every 2 months or so.

Now, I picked it up today to dust it off and I noticed the sticks were quite... sticky? It feels as if the rubber is melting. I tried alcohol to clean it off, it's better, but not a success.

What's causing this? How to prevent it? And if too late, how to clean it? I remember one of my old Wii Nunchucks also having this issue, but I tossed it away because I had plenty of others laying around.

Side note; no considerable amount of cheetos/doritos are consumed in the vicinity of controllers.

Octane

Anti-Matter

Some hand sanitizer can clean the dirty controller devices.

Anti-Matter

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane First thing you should do is not putting so much jam on your controllers. C'mon man, you should know better than that.

Octane

Went on a cleaning spree and I've removed the face plates to vacuum those dust holes. There was no dust AT ALL. Disappointed.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic