Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 3,881 to 3,900 of 4,712

nessisonett

@Kidfried Even if you use 2014 instead of 2013 due to the PS4 remaster, that’s still 8 years ago. I think people forget how long ago it was because of the pandemic making time go all weird. There are plenty remakes which came out sooner and yet were acclaimed, like the Resi 1 remake and MGS Twin Snakes. 8 years is the same amount of time between Pokémon Red and Blue, and FireRed/LeafGreen.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

@Kidfried I only replayed it last year, so I won’t be playing Part 1 for a while… I’ll definitely play it one day though. Part 2 played really well, so I’ll be happy to revisit the original’s story but with the improved gameplay for sure.

**** DLC!

KilloWertz

@Kidfried I'm definitely looking forward to it as well. I pre-ordered it from PlayStation Direct the day they put it up. To be able to play the definite The Last of Us game, which obviously would be the first game's story and characters with the second game's gameplay, makes the price of the release irrelevant to me. The potential enjoyment from that combination is huge.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Kidfried

@nessisonett I remember The Wind Waker HD releasing some seven years or so after the original game. The Wind Waker is one of my favourite game, and I played and finished the game I think about five times in the years after its release. I was not at all interested in The Wind Waker HD.

But my younger brother was. He had never played The Wind Waker on his own, only knew the game from watching me play it. So he was very happy with the remaster.

And just like that, there will be always people excited and people less excited for remasters. I don't really see why the discussion is so heated... gamers will be gamers, I guess.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Yeah, it never ceases to amaze me at the “mountain out of a molehill” (to use a colloquialism) some of these things become. The outrage that we see is often way out of proportion with the situation. I mean, I can admire the passion some people have, but these developers are under constant fire by this vocal segment of the fanbase who feels like they can send harassing d* pictures, death threats, or just rant unceasingly to them about decisions they don’t like. I’m all for constructive feedback, but what Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica have recently received from the fanbase is clearly going overboard.

I’m in the camp who is not particularly excited to have a TLoU remake, despite the original being one of my favorite games. It’s a game that is so dependent on the story for its biggest impact, and so I feel like I’ve been fed the best part of the experience already and so I’m in no hurry to go back to it and potentially be disappointed that it might not live up to my rose-tinted memories of the first time. I also feel like the full price point seems suspiciously high, although we haven’t seen any solid gameplay so it’s too early to tell the worth. Having played TLoU2 fairly recently, I still have a bit of the afterglow from it hanging on anyways.

Despite my misgivings about the remake, I don’t wish ill upon the studio, or upon anyone else who pre-orders the game. It’ll just be one of many games that I don’t buy at launch, and that’s that. It’s definitely nothing to get enraged about or to lose sleep over.

And you bring up a good point that I’m probably not the primary target audience for the game anyways. The remake is going to be largely for people who missed it the first time around. Kinda like me and Demon’s Souls. That worked out great for me.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Grumblevolcano

@Kidfried TLoU Part 1 is an interesting situation as we're now in an era where backwards compatibility is expected rather than just a bonus feature. You can easily play TLoU Remastered on PS5 since the system's launch meanwhile a load of similar releases to TLoU Part 1 have generally been a result of the original game or the remaster not being playable on current hardware.

We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out but I think at the very least the fact it's coming to PC gives it more purpose than people are suggesting.

Grumblevolcano

nessisonett

@Kidfried To be fair, Wind Waker HD was 11 years later! For me, it was in a totally different period of my life so I was really excited to play it again, and it improved quite a lot. I just don’t really get why anybody would be annoyed. Either you buy it or you don’t.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

render

@Voltan Sounds like those digital collectibles could be linked to some form of NFTs!

render

Voltan

@render I hope not So far Sony's been steering clear of that and I'd rather they kept it that way.
Either way, I won't mind funds getting added to my wallet just for playing games

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Voltan

@render So the Push Square piece says it's not NFT's but I'm not sure where they got the info from
Edit: the other Push Square piece clears it up

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Voltan sounds pretty interesting that… about time Sony done something akin to Xbox rewards.

**** DLC!

render

@Voltan That's great to hear as I really hate the idea of NFTs. It'll be interesting to see what these actually entail then, weather you get some form of digital collectables shelf on the console or something like that.

render

Kidfried

I fell asleep reading the first sentences of the PS article. Press release me please.

Kidfried

sorteddan

Agree with @Voltan
If Sony wants to occasionally give me funds for the wallet for playing games, getting trophies then they have my permission and my blessing. Not as if I wasn't going to be playing games on my machines anyhow...

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

sorteddan

Why is there so much hype around the game Stray? Can anyone explain?? I'm sure I saw some video of it on one of the state of play thingies and it looked ok but Not earth shattering. I am surprised by the amount of comments about people's anticipation for it on various articles.
Anybody?

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

sorteddan

@JudgeDredd
I thought there must be more to it than that but that I had missed something.
I don't particularly like cats.
I think they are disloyal and duplicitous.
Also you can play as a cat in Cat Quest. And you get to kill dragons with swords in that.

KilloWertz

@sorteddan I've always wondered that myself. It could end up being a very good game, but I've never been that interested in it. I get it to an extent now that people will get to play it for "free", but still, nothing other than the graphics really stood out to me.

Of course, there's always a chance that we'll look back on Stray at the end of the year and wonder why we didn't get it at the time. It's original, so I'll give them credit there. I still just have the base PS Plus, so I won't be playing it anytime soon, but I probably will give it a shot someday if it gets really good reviews. I'm just not on the hype train.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

sorteddan

@KilloWertz
Totally, I'm not averse to it or anything, I didnt think it looked bad I just wasn't blown away by anything I saw or heard and was therefore surprised at how much people were anticipating it as a big deal. Like you say, if it reviews well I'll probably keep it on my radar as well.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic