Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 3,621 to 3,640 of 4,717

colonelkilgore

@Indoorhero in all honesty, the generational jumps will always seem less as diminishing returns kick in. I’ve been gaming since 8-bit… and the jumps from 8-bit to 16-bit, and particularly 16-bit to 32-bit will never be seen again. Since PS1 to PS2, the jump has produced results which appear far less drastic. I remember having the same discussion with a friend when the PS4 released. He was furious that the initial output didn’t look ‘that’ much better than PS3 games. And as this is the subsequent transition, the jump is even less noticeable.

All I’d say is, games that are produced mid to late in a console’s life cycle always look considerably better than those released in the first couple of years.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Indoorhero fair enough mate, expectations can really mess with people. The same friend who was moaning about PS4 games looking like PS3 games 7 years ago, is making the exact same grumbles noe about PS4 to PS5. It is man’s greatest weakness to forget.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@lolwhatno I think the question got lost in the shuffle, but I’m pretty sure I saw several days ago that Liam is going to be the reviewer for Elden Ring. He said it in the context of him being a semi-casual fan of the genre, so it seems he’ll be a good objective critic, which is important. It’s probably a game that Souls fans will automatically give 10/10, and newcomers to the genre will automatically give a 1/10. 😂 So he’ll be impartial and neutral in his approach.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

jdv95

i'm suprised that the next gen version of cyberpunk was shown off on a ps5.

i thought this would be more of a xbox thing because of the marketing that CDPR usualy has with MS.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

JohnnyShoulder

@jdv95 Yep especially as Sony kicked it off the PS store. It could have been timed with MS and may have expired by now,

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@jdv95 Probably a bit of a poisoned chalice now 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

jdv95

@nessisonett could be true,perhaps it's also a sign of CDPR wanting some goodwill from sony after their little fallout,by highlighting the ps5.

jdv95

BAMozzy

@jdv95 They did two 'long' video's - 1 each for both Series X and PS5 to show actual gameplay.

To me it makes sense - especially as Sony was the one to remove it from their Store and, if anything, had more to prove to Sony gamers so it makes sense to showcase 'both' systems equally in my opinion.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

colonelkilgore

@velio84 digital or physical mate? I noticed an article suggesting that there could still be some issues upgrading the physical version.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@velio84 okay cool. Waking up to that article worried me a bit as I’d just received the physical yesterday. Sounds like they may have actually turned this one around.

**** DLC!

jdv95

so remember wu kong?

well it uses cats to do mocap for feline boss battles.

jdv95

colonelkilgore

@Voltan the first for flying ‘serpentine’ dragons of the oriental variety for sure 😁

**** DLC!

render

For dragons I just thought they taped a bunch of cats together.

render

colonelkilgore

@render that is actually accurate… apart from in Wales, where we tape a load of recently sheared sheep together.

**** DLC!

render

@colonelkilgore Any particular breed? I heard Badger Face don't work so well because... well they are too badger like.

render

colonelkilgore

@render how very dare you… do you honestly think those badger-faces would get all that action if they actually looked like badgers? I mean, we’re not ‘badger-****ers’ for goodness sake!

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic