Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 3,361 to 3,380 of 4,717

Octane

@Th3solution That explains it, I never got the expansion. But I haven't played Alan Wake yet, so it seemed a bit pointless.

Octane

Th3solution

@Octane I haven’t played Alan Wake yet, and still found some enjoyment with AWE, but I think it does make more sense with that background. The main boss in AWE is apparently a character from that game, or at least a mentioned character in the original Alan Wake. And honestly the Surge weapon didn’t add much and I liked the Charge (missile launcher) weapon better because it exploded on contact.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ryall

@JohnnyShoulder This is part of the reason why people are still buying the PS5 versions of games. Even when they’re slightly more expensive and there are free upgrades.

Ryall

KilloWertz

@Voltan I can answer this one actually, as I know of a couple of people from outside the US that had that same problem with Valhalla. You'd think Ubisoft would know what they were doing by now...

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Voltan

@KilloWertz Yeah, I think I remember people in UK saying they worked around the issue by creating Turkish accounts because that was the disc’s region.
I know that time they were able to resolve it somehow, so at least it might be quicker the 2nd time but that’s a pretty big screw up, especially happening for a 2nd time.

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan Yeah according to the article the same thing did indeed happen with AC Valhalla.

Untitled

And you can get round it by creating a Russian PSN account, but this locks the DLC via this method, such as the extra content included with premium editions of the game.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Ryall Might explain why some PS4 versions of games have been more expensive second hand than the PS5 versions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@velio84 I'm currently using the Platinum headsets and apart from being on the bit heavy side, I've got no complaints against them.

I was gonna get the pulse headsets, but after a look online on some forums and reddit, most people were saying that the platinums handle 3D audio better than the pulse headsets, so I didn't bother.

They certainly did the biz when I played Returnal!

Thrillho

@velio84 I was never a big user of headsets (I bought a cheap one to use for GTA online for my PS3) but picked up the Pulse headset and really like it.

It’s really comfortable for long sessions and the sound quality to my uncultured ears is great. Like the controller, battery life isn’t fantastic but I don’t find it a problem to charge when I’m not using it.

I think the black headset looks great but the white one obviously goes with the console and controller really nicely.

Thrillho

jdv95

@RedKnight34 it won't be at this stae pf play since it will only have 3rd party games.

sly cooper and infamous would be first party.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

Voltan

@Iver Man, that sucks. At least it's still under warranty.

Voltan

Thrillho

@Iver If you do, hopefully it’s as quick as mine was. I think it was just over a week from sending it to getting it/a new one back.

Thrillho

render

@Iver If you’ve had it since day 1 then now’s the time for this sort of thing to happen rather than after the warranty has run out. Bad luck all the same!

render

Voltan

@Iver I guess that depends where you are but it shouldn't be less than 12 months.

Voltan

nessisonett

After having drift in my left stick for a couple months, now my L2 has gone in my DualSense. It’s really loose and barely works. Opened it up and yep, there’s just a gap where a spring should be. No idea where it’s gone. Thankfully I’ve bought a black one for my younger brother’s Christmas but god knows how I’ll last until then with this controller.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic