Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 3,341 to 3,360 of 4,714

jdv95

also their next game is a new IP. not a remake.

jdv95

NedStarksGhost

Hey guys. Haven't posted on here for a few weeks. No idea why, guess I've just been enjoying FF7R so much. But yeah, wanted to share my thoughts after 22 hours. On chapter 14 now, and my god did the game seriously grow on me.

I wasn't too sold on the combat originally but as I learned how to use it, I love it. The story is so well told. I played the Midgar section on the original (never finished the entire game) and I love that the remake is focusing on it because it really is one great story to tell.

So yeah super fun, other games have truly taken a backseat for now!

NedStarksGhost

Thrillho

@NedStarksGhost Welcome back!

I started the game again recently having got the platinum on PS4 and it looks/runs great on the PS5! None of the horrible texture pop up from the last gen and it runs super smooth with the higher frame rate.

Just heading for the second reactor mission myself

Thrillho

NedStarksGhost

@Thrillho thanks!

I do feel a bit spoiled playing it on PS5 first!

Ah nice, I really enjoyed that second reactor mission!

NedStarksGhost

Thrillho

@NedStarksGhost The PS4 version dropped just as I had a week off work during the first lockdown last year so it felt like perfect timing to buy!

I picked up the Intermission DLC a little while ago and always planned on having another run of the main game on the new console before going for the DLC. It’s not taking long as my crew are top level with superstrong materia from my previous save!

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Thrillho @NedStarksGhost I’m really enjoying it too. On Chapter 9 but the story and combat is growing on me more and more. I have had a hard time getting the time I desire to sink into lately, but it’s still my main game. Who’s your favorite character to control during combat?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@NedStarksGhost hey Ned, thought that I hadn’t seen you for a while… good to have you back. It’s a great game eh, something a bit special about the characters and their interactions… and yeah they really did a good job updating the combat. Glad you’re enjoying.

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@Th3solution @NedStarksGhost I think Tifa is the most interesting as some of her abilities enhance her normal attacks rather than just being special moves.

That said, I think each character has enough about them to feel unique and you have to get used to using all the characters in hard mode; it’s quite easy to pretty much only use Cloud the vast majority of the time in normal mode.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Same here, I was a bit on the fence with the game but when the first lockdown happened, it kinda made my mind up for me.

@NedStarksGhost Good to have you back dude. And I see you have changed your forum avatar, just to confuse everyone! 😂

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JigsawPieces

I've just started playing FF7R too, pretty much on a whim - I was just looking for something different to play, and I've somehow never played a FF game before. Playing the PS4 version, but on PS5.

Only a couple of hours in so far, but I'm enjoying it

JigsawPieces

PSN: JigsawPieces

NedStarksGhost

@Th3solution it really varies. I find Tifa very fun to play, her speed and various skills do make the combat interesting! I like all of them though, they've done a great job of making each character feel unique.

@colonelkilgore hey thanks I'm happy to be posting again! Totally agree, it's everything a remake should be an more.

@Thrillho I find on big battles I need to switch it up to win. But against random encounters I rarely, if ever, change it up. But I'm probably quite bad at the combat!

@JohnnyShoulder Thanks! And yep thought it would be an interesting return if I did that haha!

Edited on by NedStarksGhost

NedStarksGhost

Thrillho

@JigsawPieces The PS5 upgrade is free if you bought it but not if you got it from PS+ I think.

@NedStarksGhost I think the normal mode is pretty generous for combat other than a few bosses.

As I’ve said many many times on here, hard mode is great as it really makes you think about your materia load out and make use of every person in your party so I highly recommend it!

Thrillho

Octane

PS5 wouldn't boot yesterday. I had to reset it, and it had trouble connecting to the wifi. Hope this isn't a bad sign for things to come.

Octane

nessisonett

Scully’s normally solid and sometimes appears on these sites. Could be something to it.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

jdv95

so FF orgigins comes out march 18 2022.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

NedStarksGhost

@nessisonett have to say I'll be a bit disappointed if only MGS3 is getting a remake (as much as I love the game).

NedStarksGhost

Th3solution

@velio84 There was a little bit of that with Control Ultimate Edition. The grenade launcher (I forget the name) was notably “heavier” to lift and sim than the others. It was subtle, but appreciated.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Octane Yeah, it was obtained through the AWE expansion. After a Google, I think it’s called Surge.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic