Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 3,321 to 3,340 of 4,712

Voltan

@Th3solution It's definitely not required and there definitely have been cases of it done otherwise, but I can see how it benefits the overall performance if the actors get to act out the actual performance that's closer to what ends up in the game. Otherwise you could end up with the body language being somewht disconnected from the voice acting, I guess.

Voltan

render

@Th3solution @colonelkilgore @Voltan It is very sad to see people fling so much **** at developers for game delays and then at the same time see people complaining about crunch. You can't have both, and delays are inevitable in most large scale projects, games are no different. Surely these people would rather receive a polished product than something like Cyberpunk 2077???

For me Christopher Judge absolutely made that character his own and it wouldn't have been the same game if without him. Fair play to the guy as well, seems like he's almost a bionic man now.

render

render

@colonelkilgore @Th3solution @Voltan That's a tough question. It would need to be someone like Dave Bautista, especially as I think he's going to make a good Beast Rabban in Dune, but even then I'm not completely sure he's quite right.

@Voltan That was going to be my joke answer but you got there first 😂

render

colonelkilgore

@Voltan 😁 it’s a tough role to cast eh? Dave Batista would look the part but I’d have zero faith in him being able to convey the necessary gravitas and pathos etc. Another likely candidate would be Momoa but he’s far too pretty and would also struggle with the overall performance.

I’m really struggling to come up with anyone I’d consider suitable. Maybe Judge himself would be the best candidate.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@velio84 I get that you’re joking… but just in case that you weren’t. As much as I love the sport of strongman, if Hafthor was cast as Kratos I’d avoid it like the plague.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

On the Kratos fan-cast… and bare with me as I’m not convinced on this one myself… but Hugh Jackman? 🤔

**** DLC!

render

@colonelkilgore Snap! Yeah he's a good candidate but just not right, like you say, now we've seen Judge and the way he comes across in that role. It would be a great audition room to be in.

render

colonelkilgore

@render lol, I was actually thinking about him due to his turn in 300… for some reason I thought he may be a little short though. Turns out both he and Jackman are both 6 foot 2. Yeah, I think Butler would be pretty decent tbh.

**** DLC!

render

@colonelkilgore Yeah that's taller than they look on camera, ha who'd have thought! Butler was really good in 300 and just felt like that kind of guy who could quite happily rip your head off and **** down your neck! 😂

render

colonelkilgore

@render the fact he’s already played a great Spartan in a pretty big movie is a great boon too.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Iver 🤣 Jason Momoa… I personally think he’s just too good-looking but he would certainly be in the running.

**** DLC!

Voltan

Regardless of who would get the role, you could count on the internet being outraged about it

Voltan

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore @render @velio84 @Voltan
Cheers for the info on mo-cap. I do see that more recent games show a pretty close likeness to the voice actors, so perhaps technology is better at capturing and transposing facial and body movement 1:1 than it used to be. For example, I don’t know if Naughty Dog uses their VA to do all the mo-cap, but Nate Drake, Sully, Elena, Joel, Ellie… none look like their VA counterparts. But then I saw pre-release info with the young woman love interest of Ellie (don’t know her name, haven’t played the game yet) and she looked just like her character.

Recently I watched some documentary style interviews my PS5 was pushing onto the opening screen of the actors in Control and the characters (Jesse, Dylan, Emily…) look nearly identical to their real life counterparts, down to the teeth in the case of Dylan. But yet it seems like I was watching a documentary on one of the games (Horizon Zero Dawn maybe?….) where the mo-cap was pretty much some special acrobat person jumping around.
Granted, it’s a given that poor Mr Judge with his new back and knees isn’t going to be jumping and swinging an axe (or Mjolnir…? 😛) but they obviously need him to be able to walk for some of the footage. So I guess they have special ‘action’ actors and close up ‘intimate acting’ actors sometimes?

————

As far as who would make a good live-action Kratos, I was impressed with Idris Elba’s Bloodsport in the recent Suicide Squad, and he’s got that smooth earthy voice. I’m sure he could do a bang up job, especially the older ‘Dad’ Kratos. Maybe Jason Mamoa for the young angry Kratos, if he could get his voice more gravelly.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

Steve McFadden as Kratos pls
Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

render

@nessisonett You've just landed the job of casting director for the GoW movie 😂

render

Voltan

@Th3solution At ND they use different people to make character models and to play the characters. Dina’s face is Cascina Caradonna but the performance and voice is Shannon Woodward (who you might have seen on HBO’s Westworld).
In Insomniac’s Spider-Man games some characters look like the actors who play them but others (including Peter Parker) don’t.
Kratos looks nothing like Chris Judge either

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic