Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 2,841 to 2,860 of 4,712

nessisonett

@MightyDemon82 Somewhere between blind faith and death threats is a middle ground we all should aspire to be in.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

MightyDemon82

@nessisonett I wouldn't say my faith is blind I mean GoW and HZD were both brilliant, yes they had faults but the sequels will build upon what was great already. If however they somehow are rubbish I'll just shrug my shoulders and play something else. No need for death threats and the ONLY for PS5 games will come soon enough.

MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

@Jecht_Ultima I'm sure the games will be fantastic. It is a wee bit disappointing they are cross gen but more Kratos & Aloy is a plus in my book, excited to see where both those games stories are headed!

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

@MightyDemon82 Pretty predictable but nonetheless I always find that sickening. Just do not understand the mentality of people that hurl abuse let alone death threats to anyone.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

Things That Shouldn't Need to Be Said, #47
"Nobody should ever make a death threat over something as trivial as a videogame."

Of course, that's skipping down the list a little because, if you take it from the top, you'll find the same entry, only it ends after the word "threat".

It's bull like this that makes me embarrassed to be a gamer.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Good god. Just seen the level of abuse Alanah Pearce (she now writes for Sony Santa Monica) recieved for God of War being delayed. Jeez, if this isn't out of control, I don't know what is.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

jdv95

@JohnnyShoulder it makes being part of this community rather hard.

i know that every comunity has it's bad apples but the gaming community has to be in the top 10 most toxic ones. always over reacting over nothing and always resorting to death threats for the smallest of things because they are not able to express their critisism in a mature and civil way.

like any time a game dev or publisher does something most people don't agree with ,there's always the wave of death threats following it. and then those people are mad at the devs for doing something wrong. urgh.

jdv95

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I’m not really sure what she’s supposed to do about it. They’re not even consistent in their death threats.

R1spam

It's grim, who has enough time or so little else to care about that you could get so fired up about a game delay?! Long term it must drive talent out of the games industry.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

nessisonett

@R1spam It’s easy to see why so many people burn out. Devs are underpaid, overworked and underappreciated. And they’re qualified to work in plenty other fields with a lot less problems. The industry uses their passion, chews them up and spits them out.

R1spam

@nessisonett yep, I guess it's like a lot of fields in that it attracts shed loads of new, impressionable graduates, abuses them and spits them out as every year there are a whole tranche of fresh faced replacements. Working in the indie dev scene must be more rewarding though

XBOX: Placebo G

KilloWertz

@JohnnyShoulder It's absolutely ridiculous, especially given the fact that you would have had to be a complete moron to truly believe the game was ever coming out in 2021. I pretty much knew it right after it was announced, or at least once they started talking about their upcoming slate after launch. If things were normal, maybe it would have had a slim chance of coming out before Christmas, but honestly, even then I would have had my doubts. Factoring in the pandemic made it a certainty. A person really has no right to be upset when they are the ones at fault for being so stupid.

Also, all of this cross-gen crap is a joke. Yes, Sony kind of brought it on themselves by criticizing Microsoft for doing exactly what they are doing now, but it still shouldn't be that big of a deal in the end. The vast majority of these people will be praising whatever game (God of War, Horizon, etc.) like it's the love of their life. There will be the rare person that purposely looks for things wrong, like "I'm deleting this Game of the Year contender because the trees in the background look last gen! I don't care if I've been having a blast with the game. PS5-only or bust!" Ultimately though, this should end up being almost completely forgotten, and at most remembered for the joke it is.

This is all coming from an Xbox owner, btw. I'm not even a PlayStation fanboy and I'll admit how ridiculous all of this has been lately.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

TheFrenchiestFry

I wasn't holding my breath for God of War making 2021 after so long without any information (even though I'm used to that as an Atlus and Square fan), but Ratchet, Returnal and Horizon are more than enough for me personally in terms of launch window stuff. Early 2022 is still a pretty quick turnaround in terms of release gaps after how long we had to wait between Ascension on PS3 and GoW PS4

I also don't personally care that God of War and Gran Turismo are cross gen. It's likely those games started development on PS4 anyway only to transition to next gen during development which means as a PS5 owner I only have more to gain from getting a better version of the game since Sony is standardizing performance presets on their first party stuff across the board

I will say though, Jim Ryan really needs to learn when to shut his mouth and avoid driving the irony stake up Sony's ass whenever they announce something that doesn't reflect off what he says, and this is coming from someone who thinks that Halo Infinite should've flat out been a Series X/PC only game and thought it was being severely limited by their adherence to older gen hardware based on the early gameplay stuff

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

Th3solution

I moved the discussion over here because it probably makes more sense here....

@Voltan @JohnnyShoulder
You guys don’t have the “Explore” Tab? It’s on the app too. I’m not in front of my console but on the app it looks like this:

Untitled

With the icon that look like a paper airplane. It’s where all the news and blog stuff is posted and on the console it’s a little more densely presented with a bunch of links to random “news”, videos, sales, etc.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

@Th3solution Yeah, I know how the icon looks - I saw it in the UI previews and other places. I don't have it at all on the home screen, never did. I do have it in the app and the console's control bar (the thing that appears when you press the PS button) though.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan I think I have it at the bottom when I press the PS button too, which is customizable to put the icons you want down there, but I also have it on the top bar, between the icons of the recently played games and the PS Store icon which is all the way to the left. How come I have it up there too? I wonder if there’s a way to customize it off the top bar. I’ll have to play around with it the next time I’m on my console. Maybe it’s a U.S. thing. Not sure why the presence of an entire icon would be a regional thing.

When you click on it at the bottom (after pressing the PS button) what sort of content loads up?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Yeah same as @Voltan. On the PS5 control bar i have 3 news stories and my latest screen shot. I can't say it bothers me that much, but I did unfollow a load of games when I first got the console so only the games I'm interested in come up. It is on the app too, but it is not something I go into really.

Voltan

@Th3solution I'll take some screenshots for you after work
On the control bar it's something like "news from your games" - not much there really.
And yeah, I believe it's a US thing. It could be something about European laws regarding privacy and unsolicited ads and stuff. I'm pretty sure those are way more strict over here than in the US.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan @JohnnyShoulder Ah, yeah I’d be curious to see how it looks differently. And it’s fascinating how the user experience can differ depending where you live. You’re probably right about the laws. But honestly, the ads, news, and videos from Sony and publishers is reasonable, like links to the interview with Herman Hulst, Combat tips for Ninja Gaiden (a game I’ve never owned or played), Resident Evil Dead by Daylight crossover release “news”, a bunch of VR news (which I also don’t own), links to the Horizon FW merch store where they’re selling T-shirts etc. ..., But the more annoying aspect is there is a bunch of user content icons in there too, like icons with links to random people’s twitch and live streams. I absolutely have no interest in just randomly watching people I don’t know play Destruction All-Stars new Blitz mode, or stream their Sackboy playthrough. It’s just way more cluttered than including a simple link to buy avatars for your profile.

Edited on by Th3solution

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic