Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 4,712

BearsEatBeets

Thought this was quite interesting, especially the speed after an update.

I wonder if the in-game prize (5 min mark) is a hint at something?

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

@TheFrenchiestFry Not after that guy got arrested for using his Wiimote in a certain way.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

KidRyan

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

@KidBoruto @TheFrenchiestFry I just wanna game in the same art style as ITSV. Having the suit is a good step in that direction, but it would blow my mind to have the whole game in a similar style. Just like the film did when I saw it.

Something similar to Ultimate Spider-Man (PS2) then? Except modernized comic book style to look like Spiderverse movie.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Wesker

Will all PS4 games run on PS5? If I fire up Fallout 76 on a PS5 will it work as it should, will there be any improvements, even if Bethesda doesn't update it?

Wesker

BAMozzy

@Wesker As far as we know, Fallout 76 will run on a PS5 via Back Compat. Its not been amongst the very few games that have been confirmed as PS4 only - as in won't run via BC. As for any improvements, there is a 'boost mode' (how much of Boost is unknown) which should improve frame rates and/or resolutions in games that drop below their 'capped' standard - and of course benefit from faster loading if you use the SSD storage.

Sony haven't been very open on the 'boost' and as yet, we haven't had any demonstrations or analysis from anyone to know how PS4 games will run via BC. It may be worth just thinking that the games will run as on PS4 and any boost will be good than expecting games to run significantly better and being 'disappointed' if that 'boost' isn't as big as would be necessary to get that performance.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Anti-Matter

Still wondering if PS5 can speed up the loading time of The Sims 4, Dragon Quest Builders 2 and Portal Knights when being played on PS5.

Anti-Matter

Kidfried

@Anti-Matter Yup, it will. But right now we don't know by how much. Speeding up loading times for The Sims 4 would make it way better to pick-up-and-play too.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Wesker

@BAMozzy Thanks mate. I'm playing on a standard PS4 anyway, so I think I should at least get the same benefits as the Pro version... With the faster load times. Thanks again!!!

Edited on by Wesker

Wesker

BAMozzy

@Wesker No probs...

So you will probably see the biggest benefits in a lot of games coming from a Base PS4 as you will get the Pro enhanced versions and whatever 'extra' boost that PS5 offers. Some games had more options too - like 60fps modes - so you should at least get access to these options. Some games have quite a range in resolutions on Pro with Dynamic Resolution scaling so it will be interesting to see how much of a boost the PS5 gives but until I have some idea myself, I am keeping my expectations in check and expecting the 'same' as my Pro and 'any' boost is a positive. I don't expect games capped at 1080/1440 or 30fps to suddenly run at 4k and 60fps (even if the hardware 'could' theoretically do so) and then be disappointed when it doesn't run any better than my Pro (albeit with better Load times).

Talking of Load Times, I don't expect any different if I use an external HDD via USB either (to keep the internal SSD for PS5 games (inc any that are enhanced specifically for PS5) and if there are any gains, bonus...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Wesker

@BAMozzy Yeah, I'm just a bit worried about Bethesda games being available on the PS5, but I think if they are already on PS4, and Microsoft aren't going to remove, or stop supporting them, then they should also work fine on the PS5 going forward, even if Bethesda doesn't do PS5 upgrades.

It should be a good while until a new mainline Elder Scrolls or Fallout game is released, so I can maybe get an Xbox then, if they are not coming out on PS5, or get a better PC.

Edited on by Wesker

Wesker

TheFrenchiestFry

I doubt Microsoft would be so petty they'd remove all the previously released Bethesda games on PlayStation. I think they're safe, especially given MS was transparent enough about upholding the PS5-timed exclusivity agreement on Bethesda's two upcoming games, and Fallout 4 is still a part of PS Plus Collection

But future re-releases or remasters and ports are definitely not guaranteed to appear on PlayStation as they are on Xbox, PC and even Switch

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

BAMozzy

@Wesker I don't believe MS will remove older PS4 releases from Sony's catalogue. I don't know if they will get PS5 enhancements - maybe games like Elder Scrolls Online will and maybe even Fallout 76 as they seem most likely to be the games that would be PS5 supported games.

As for Elder Scrolls 6, Starfield or any future releases of the Zenimax Studio's, we will have to see. Maybe MS and Sony could strike up some deal to have Game Pass on a PS5 or maybe they will decide on releasing games on Sony's platform. We do know from experience though that MS are not adverse to continuous support of games on Sony's platform and released Minecraft Dungeons too - a spin off that they could have kept for their own platform

Even if they don't, you still have options - from the 'cheapest' which is probably just purchasing a Game Pass Subscription on your Mobile and using your PS controller, to buying a Series S, a Series X or upgrading/purchasing a PC.

I wonder how many would buy a Game Pass subscription on PS5 IF that was an option and the only way to play Zenimax Studios (Arkane, Bethesda, Id, Machine Games etc) as well as maybe some of the games from Obsidian (Outer Worlds, Avowed), InXile (Wastelands), Ninja Theory (Hellblade) and maybe some of the games from Compulsion, Double Fine etc - maybe not games from 343, Coalition, Playground, Turn 10 or Initiative but a decent selection of games from the Xbox Studios and maybe some other games too (like Ori from Moon Studio's) and 3rd Party games that are available on PS4/5 anyway? Not saying it will happen, just hypothetically speaking, if Sony allowed it, would you buy?

Wesker

@BAMozzy I want to continue playing Fallout 76 and have access to the next Elder Scrolls and Fallout games. I'm not interested in the rest. Based on the current landscape you've laid out, I'll try and get a PS5 this year then wait and see how things go with MS/Bethesda/Sony. If I don't get a PS5, I might get an Xbox instead once we know more about the lay of the land.

Edited on by Wesker

Wesker

Jaz007

@BAMozzy I personally don't believe in gamepass as something sustainable or good for the overall market, so I wouldn't buy it. Doesn't matter much who is providing it or allowing it honestly.

Jaz007

BAMozzy

@Jaz007 I would be interested to know why you think its not Sustainable or Good for the Overall market as I see it completely differently.

At this moment in time, MS has over 15m subscribers paying about $15 a month - that's $225m a month. An average AAA game costs around $40-50m to make - although that is spread over 3-4yrs. Studio's are salaried so they get paid a monthly wage whether they have a game on the market selling or not so as long as you are bringing in enough revenue to keep those studios open, keep those employees in jobs, it doesn't matter if they make a game that actually sells 0 copies (because they are fully funded from subscriptions) or sells 20m+. Therefore they 'can' have creative freedom without being dictated to by current trends or publisher demands.

Over the course of a year, the Subscription revenue alone can essentially pay for over 50 new AAA games. Although like I said, it doesn't quite work like that. That monthly income is covering ALL the studio's salaries and overheads (inc paying for actors or other outside workers) so by the time a game releases, its already paid for by Subscribers and doesn't need to 'sell' to get any money back for Publishers or investors. Because its been funded by Subscribers, you don't have to encourage investors with promises of doubling their money putting more pressure on the studio to sell even more copies.

Its not that dissimilar from Sony who have money coming in from multiple avenues allowing devs to make the games they want to a certain degree but Sony still needs to rely on game sales to keep funding their studio's too where as Game Pass itself is able to fund the game and therefore it is more sustainable in the long run. If for whatever reason, Sony has a couple of big flops, that can have a knock on effect on the budget they have for games and puts pressure on the studio's to come up with 'hits' to get their projected revenue back up. Unless MS loses subscribers en masse, its a self sustaining system where the Subscribers are keeping the Studio's open, paying for the development and in return, getting new games to play on Day 1.

Not having the pressure of making 'commercially' successful games too means they can take more creative risks and have a market that will try just because its free - meaning they have a large engagement. As Long as the Subscriptions outweigh the running costs of studios, its a self sufficient model.

Its too early to tell if its a good thing for gamers in the long run but whilst they see value in it, can buy the games if/when they want (if they want to keep playing after it leaves Game Pass at a reduced cost), and enjoy the wide variety of games that they may not of had or would have been green lit, I don't see how its bad either. Even Devs think its great for them too so all the evidence I see is that its beneficial for both consumers/gamers and Developers too

So therefore, I would like to know why you think its not sustainable or good? Is it because its Microsoft? is it because it means MS can add a lot more studio's and fund them?

JGRockford

With @Jaz007 's highly inaccurate views on XSS being unable to scale through the upcoming generation, and the complete ignorance behind gamepass sustainability, yet not even considered Microsoft's ability to easily absorb any such losses if it was the case.

Likely those opinions are due to hypocrisy.

Edited on by JGRockford

JGRockford

Jaz007

@JGRockford Wow, go ahead and resort to insults there. I think you just want to wave the fanboy flag and call your arguments a win here. I've had the same views on either of these companies doing this for a long time now. There's no hypocrisy. And we'll see later on about the S. Time will tell who's right. And "absorb losses". Yes, that's the definition of unsustainable over a long enough time if that's the case. I never said Xbox was gonna die from it. I have a good PC and access to all of MS's games so it's not like I'm locked out from anything they make. I'll explain my thoughts on Gamepass in more detail later. I do want to answer @Bamozzy as part of a real discussion.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic