Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 4,712

Octane

The DualSense news has me excited. Mainly because it comes from news sites. I remember when HD Rumble was made to be a big deal, but it was hardly talked about during the previews.

Octane

Anti-Matter

Wait, so PS5 soft release date will be 3 weeks later from now ?? 😮

Anti-Matter

JohnnyShoulder

@Anti-Matter Not sure what you mean by 'soft' release, but the console releases 12th November in the US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea, and 19th November in the UK and the rest of the world.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KidRyan

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

So happy the ITSV suit made it in.

Insomniac's Spider-Man games are the first since probably Arkham City to make me feel genuinely proud for being an avid comic book reader since childhood. Really hope they can stretch this partnership with Marvel out to at least 5 games. 3 for Peter Parker and 2 for Miles.

Same here! I'd love to see a legit Spider-Man 3 game that completely wraps up Peter's story arc, as well as Miles standalone game being popular enough for it's own direct sequel.

(I secretly hope we'll also get three Miles Morales games)

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@KidBoruto @TheFrenchiestFry I just wanna game in the same art style as ITSV. Having the suit is a good step in that direction, but it would blow my mind to have the whole game in a similar style. Just like the film did when I saw it.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

MightyDemon82

@Kidfried Yes November is a great time to be a gamer, not sure what Nintendo have coming out and xbox owners can play all their old games from decades past, damn shame about Halo infinite. But Dammit Sony have me tied to their eco system with all the awesome 1st party games sequels and hopefully some new IP's to get excited about!

MightyDemon82

TheFrenchiestFry

@JohnnyShoulder Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 was actually a pretty great example of mimicking that comic book feel but the ITSV suit seems to be going even a step further

Based on screenshots it looks like they even added the onomatopoeia from hit effects like POW and WHAM straight from the film when you beat up goons

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

Mega-Gazz

Just read that AC: Valhalla is upscaled 4k / 60fps on ps5, but native 4k/60fps on XSX. Grain of salt based on the source being marketting, but still. #panic

Edited on by Mega-Gazz

Mega-Gazz

TheFrenchiestFry

@Mega-Gazz That's kind of weird

Maybe it has to do with the PS5 being slightly less powerful than Series X but it makes about as much sense as Dirt, Maneater and Yakuza supporting cross buy/save on Xbox but not on PlayStation

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

nessisonett

@Mega-Gazz Abandon ship! Abandon ship! Honestly, either this says that there is a gap in power (which there irrefutably is), or PS5 is using pretty damn good upscale tech (which I don’t doubt). Too little information at this time to really delve into the whys and wherefores of this situation but it’s interesting.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

redd214

Couple more thoughts on the dualsense after another day:

-the dpad doesn't have the concaved dip that the ds4 has. It's actually much easier to move between the dpad directions because of it. I'm no esports pro, but even still I can see this being better for fighting games or other ones that require precise dpad movement.

-the share and options buttons are more raised so they're easier to find while playing. On the ds4 they are completely flush with the surface of the front. Now after playing with it for hours your muscle memory will be able to find them but because they are raised by literally a mm on the dualsense their much quicker to get to.

-ran some extremely scientific DF quality tests on battery life (not really ) but the dualsense battery seems to be a little under to 2 times the ds4. I personally have never had an issue with the ds4 battery life but I know it's a pain point for a lot of people

redd214

nessisonett

@redd214 My DS4 just came up for low charge even though I charged it last night. Extra battery life is always welcome 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Mega-Gazz

@nessisonett or it is just that they didn’t have time to really optimize the game before launch so XSX’s power is helping it. Who knows. DF will tell us the truth eventually, but either way it won’t change much.

Mega-Gazz

BAMozzy

@Mega-Gazz Does it really matter? In all honesty, with a smaller GPU with less processing power, it would stand to reason that games will have to compromise somewhere. If its not 'resolution', it could be on visual settings or maybe not be as stable on frame-rates. Its like expecting an RTX 3070 perform exactly like an RTX 3080 - I picked these two because they are both the same core architecture. I am not being bias, but I don't expect the PS5 to deliver the same graphical quality if both are being pushed to the max. Even if it is faster, it still cannot process as many operations per frame...

I have no doubt that games will still look great. Hypothetically, even if the PS5 had to settle for 1800p compared to native 4k, it would not look as bad as 900p on Xbox One vs 1080p on PS4 and I would rather devs focused on ensuring the frame rates are solid, parity there, than trying to get both consoles to look the same.

Even if the PS5 doesn't offer graphical parity, would that really change your mind on purchasing?

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Anti-Matter

I just curious what kind of issues from every Fat model PlayStation machines. And what kind of issues for PS5 fat ?
From what i knew, PS3 fat = overheat issue, PS4 fat = disc ejection issue.
Correct me if i was wrong.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

JohnnyShoulder

@Anti-Matter We won't know of any of the issues for PS5 until people have started to use them for awhile.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Mega-Gazz

@BAMozzy Oh, I agree entirely. The #panic was meant to be completely sarcastic. I’ve waited this long to even get a 4k TV, so clearly resolution isn’t a priority for me. Framerate is much more important, as you say.

Also Sony has always had better controllers and a better library of games, and that trend seems to be continuing.

That said, from an academic point of view, I’m interested.

Mega-Gazz

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic