Forums

Topic: PlayStation 5 --OT--

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 4,717

AdamNovice

@kidfried If your going by YT numbers then probably but Sacred Symbols is more an audio only podcast.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

JJ2

How would people know the temperature of the chips and even make comparisons for next gen consoles?
Even so, that's not taking account for the cooling and vent.
There are some ridiculous rumours really. People will believe anything they read on the internet.

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

nessisonett

@JJ2 Soooo... basically all those rumours about the Xbox Series X overheating?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BAMozzy

@JJ2 Its seriously annoying right now. Its worse than a bunch of petty kids in the playground - my dad's better than your dad, my gad will beat up your dad, my console is going to be better than your console, my console will not be as hot as your console.... Pathetic!

What makes it worse, is that fanboys from one are going out of their way to watch or read content about their 'rival' and taking things completely out of context to make up some petty narrative against their competition - and that's without even knowing what their own preferred brand will do, will offer etc.

Take the cost of 1TB expansion - $220 on Xbox and Sony fanboys mocking Xbox for that cost before the cost of 1TB being revealed as $230 on PS5 (at least the first 2 look to be around that price). Xbox fanboys criticising the quarter res RT and some of the missing details in Spider-Man without knowing whether Xbox 'could' do better - not that they will ever find out in that game - same with mocking 1440/60 on Demon Souls. How can you mock something with NO understanding at all or even able to compare whether you preferred choice would be better. In this case, it won't be better because the game won't be offering anything on Xbox. Then there was the mocking from Playstation fanboys over Xbox games releasing on cross-generation and now Sony has perhaps two of its 'biggest' announced as cross-generation.

We don't yet know how much heat the PS5 will be exhausting - its not going to run cold with all that speed and the cooling is certainly beefy to extract that heat. It could be 'hotter' because of the speeds its running at, generating more heat overall and therefore the exhaust will blow out hotter air - which of course is what you want. As long as the important parts don't exceed operational running temps, that's what matters.

I watch/read a lot on both systems but that's because I will own both but its getting tedious to see/read people who have no real idea on what they are talking about, no idea how their 'preferred' choice compares, taking things out of context to suit a narrative. 22GB/s is much better than 2.4GB/s - duh yes but Xbox too can use compression too to the same ratio and other things to close that gap - just like Sony can use numerous ways to offset any perceived CPU/GPU difference too - different approaches - can't wait to see how things turn out

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Octane

@BAMozzy Exactly. I can't wait for the DF comparison videos, so everyone can finally shut up lol. Just pick whatever console you like, or buy both, or don't buy them at all.

Octane

Kidfried

It's the same stupid stuff as always. People would argue over which console is the most nutritious if they could.

Kidfried

BAMozzy

@Octane The only reason I like DF comparisons is that it can sometimes help to determine which console version I may buy and/or the performance metrics I can expect, how close a $500 (or less) device has to 'compromise' to run as it does.

Some seem to use it as evidence they made the 'right' choice or that others made the 'wrong' choice, use it as 'ammo' to fling at other gamers who chose the other platform. Even if the games are virtually identical and gamers could unite over their shared enjoyment of the game, any small difference is used to belittle the experience others must have...

If people have NO intention of buying the other, then what difference does it make what the other console offers, what metrics the other manages to deliver, what 'games' it has/hasn't got etc. Even if one has more 'exclusives' releasing/released, doesn't mean that someone would want and/or buy 'more' exclusives - they may prefer more of the games on the platform that releases fewer. Personal preferences will make more of a difference in some areas.

If you intend to buy just 1, focus on what that console offers for you, enjoy the experience and maybe even try and be positive about the games you can 'share' experiences with a wider range of gamers. Does it matter if your preferred brand is slightly 'better' visually if you can ALL enjoy the same experience, share positive stories, help and tips? Surely its better if gamers unite instead of be divided over trivial differences and if you feel you are 'missing out' by things the other offers, buy that or use that to demand better from your own preferred brand. Sony and MS will push each other to offer gamers a better experience in the long run. I am getting really fed up with both groups of Fanboys trying to belittle the work of the other when both have strengths and weaknesses - some of which will be negated over time with updates, improvements etc.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

nessisonett

The problem with Digital Foundry is that it makes a whole lot of people think they’re suddenly experts and they use out-of-context quotes to fuel their own petty wars, on both sides. It’s no different from the ridiculous bit wars back in the 90s.

Octane

@BAMozzy Yeah, I absolutely agree. The worst is that the differences between the consoles get smaller each generation with diminishing returns. Unless you pause the screens and zoom in, you're going to have trouble to differentiate between the two. Who cares at this point, I would've bought a big PC rig if I wanted to argue about the best performance

Octane

nessisonett

@Octane But can PC do this??!?! *spins on one leg at the speed of PS5’s incredibly fast SSD while balancing £450 on my nose

TheFrenchiestFry

@nessisonett To their credit, DF and DF Retro go to great lengths when it comes to analyzing stuff like game performance metrics or even hardware internals, and they do a lot to make sure their comparisons are authentic as possible, like when they compared DOOM on Switch to a similarly specced PC running the game just for basic performance comparison and discrepancies

There's still a few things that fly over my head but it's very easy to digest stuff. It's not the kind of thing that will suddenly make me feel like Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius or anything though, and it's not the kind of thing where you can just start throwing around tech buzzwords and cobble them together in a way that makes sense

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

JJ2

@BAMozzy you guys are missing the point.
I'm not talking about console warriors that are everywhere even on PushSquare and would not admit it
The stupid rumours are reported by the press. Again people get manipulated into fighting one another and calling names.
Trying to prove your right and the other wrong in keyboard war is another thing and futile. Then call the other 'fanboy'. Its childish.
Main responsible for fake rumour is clickbait titles.

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

nessisonett

@JJ2 You can’t call the fanboy rubbish futile when you literally comment saying that Digital Foundry are Xbox shills. You’re the one spreading nonsense, not Push Square.

JJ2

@nessisonett
I see you keep on trying this keyboard war nonsense, and you want to get your snipes on me.
I'm not your 'enemy' because I dont fancy xbox.
If you dont like me, there is an ignore button.

nessisonett

@JJ2 ...I’m not trying ‘keyboard war’ nonsense, I’m pointing out glaring inconsistencies and double standards in your arguments. There’s a difference between not fancying Xbox and blatantly stirring up trouble by calling DF shills. If that isn’t ‘FUD’ I don’t know what is.

JJ2

@nessisonett
Yes your focused on me for a while for some reason. I didnt call DF I called Alex specifically and that's easy to check my comments. You r often putting words in my mouth. I dont know why you feel the need to defend that guy. It's my opinion.
Now stop you keyboard war non sense.

nessisonett

@JJ2 It really is a great selection of games. I wonder how DLC is working though, FFXV is a much better game with the add-ons and Monster Hunter World: Iceborne is also fantastic.

TheFrenchiestFry

Persona 5 being there is honestly incredible considering how much smaller the series was in popularity when I was getting into it about 10 years ago

Understandable why it isn't Royal given how recent that iteration of the game is, but if anyone missed out on the PS4 generation this would be a solid as hell way to get into those particular highlights in addition to native backwards compatibility

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic