Forums

Topic: Let’s talk about… Cyberpunk 2077

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Alpine021

Let’s just say I’m not a massive RPG fan and I wasn’t one of the people waiting for years for this game to come out but it massively caught my attention with such a launch disaster. So I bought it cheap and am playing it now on PS5. Im really enjoying it but my main praise is exactly how much work has gone in to this game. You can quite rightly blame the management and stakeholders up above but the work the devs have done is unreal. The graphics, the atmosphere, the side quests, the small details, the sheer size of the open world. Everything. It’s such a shame this game has messed up due to corporate greed but there has obviously been blood sweat and tears put in to this game and the devs need massive credit. Just saying!

Alpine021

nomither6

i know the feeling of a game thats legitimately good going unappreciated and discarded . it 100% was management fault like always & it’s not even just gaming , management ruins everything . i’m hearing a lot of people say the same thing you’re saying about cyberpunk now so i believe it to be true , even though i’m not interested in the game . I feel bad for the people as well who worked on the details of the game , it’s just wasted talent . hopefully their checks sufficed i guess

nomither6

Trousersnake

Great game! I finished the PS4 version on my PS5, before the PS5 update came out. I spent way too much time in Nightcity, 250 hrs with everything completed. The city itself is a marvel in terms of atmosphere and gamedesign, so ingeniously well constructed! The mess that came with it on a technical level on the other hand, continued unfortunately when i tried to transfer my PS4 savegame over to the PS5 version. An errorcode for the first few weeks, then when CDPR claimed that it was fixed, it still refused to work with the PS5 version in my case.. Now I have to replay the whole damn thing again to be ready for whenever the story dlc releases, is my guess. Great to see it perform much better on PS5, but it seems i can't get myself to do it a 2nd time. It's a drag now! There is probably a certain point in leveling up or mission completion required to even start the dlc, if not it will be a frustrating affair for sure with my XP'less V. The Outer Worlds did something similar a while back too, had to replay 3/4 of it from scratch to make it even accessible.. Not funny at all when time-consuming massive RPG type games are concerned, you bloody developer types responsible..! Make sure your stuff works properly when using a savegame made post- completion!! I'm not mad, i'm FURI....dissapointed. This is were we, CP2077 and me, stand now these days...

Edited on by Trousersnake

Nope.

johncalmc

It reminds me of a classic Bethesda RPG where it's broke as hell and janky and weird and all that stuff, but you put up with it all because it has a feel that's hard to describe. It's just that feeling of a world that you want to spend more time in, explore, loot, etc.

I picked Cyberpunk up for cheap on PS5 a while back and both me and my girlfriend became totally addicted to it. Both got the Platinum. I can't wait for the DLC to come out so I can just play the whole thing again.

I'm really glad I didn't review it. I have no idea how to score a game like this. It's like I know it's a bit of a mess and I know some of the systems don't quite work and I know this and I know that but whatever I can ignore all of that because I just love the world. To me it's a 10 that's also like a 7.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Ben_Rage_V2

I personally loved it. I played through the whole thing when the PS5 upgrade dropped and I didn't have any complaints. As someone who preordered it, I was unsatifsfied with how badly it ran on the PS4, so I waited for the upgrade. The technical problems, as far as I can tell, are fixed for the most part. I experienced one glitch in my entire playthrough.

Ben_Rage_V2

• Page 1 of 1

Sorry, this topic has been locked.