Forums

Topic: Demon Souls Remastered. Is it, isn't it?

Posts 261 to 280 of 793

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 My first time beating Lost Sinner was by accident, I just kept on going forward without dying or finding a bonfire and ended up at Lost Sinner and somehow won, giving me a warp back to Majula with a heap of souls. Hope your fight wasn’t as bum-clenchingly tense 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 Definitely one of the better fights in the game. There are so many though that it’s really hard to actually remember certain ones. Chances are, if I remember it then it was probably a good one!

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 It’s my least favourite Souls game by quite a bit but you do still get a certain level of quality from them. That life drain on going hollow’s a right bugger!

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett I don’t mind it, I’ve got 20+ effigies. Your health drops by a full 50%* and stays that way if you die once in Demon Souls so this is very tame in comparison. The equivalent items to restore humanity don’t seem to be as common in Demon Souls, either.

*you can get a ring that reduces that to 25%, but then you lose a ring slot and you only have 2 of them versus DS’s four.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 So basically I’ll probably end up resenting Demon’s Souls due to a harsher version of a mechanic I hated in Dark Souls 2, got it 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett You also get a ring early one in Demon's Souls which halves the effect. Edit: whoops ignore me I read Kyle's post wrong! 😂

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

Glad you are enjoying DS2 @kyleforrester87! I certainly did, even with some of the lamest bosses in the series and some inexplainable world design. You will know what I mean when you get there! The dlc is better than the main game imo, and has some of the best areas from the series. Still a good game, just not upto the very high standards of the other games.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Is that Shrine of Amana, the Pit/Gutter/Black Gulch or Iron Keep you’re referring to? I bloody hated all of them to be honest but there were some great areas in there too, especially the DLC which are fantastic for the most part.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah the way to Iron Keep. Just didn't make any bloody sense!

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder The Gank Room, oh lord. About 20 knights all in one big room firing arrows and chasing you around the entirety of the area. Just plain annoying. Great boss in there that would have been maybe the best in the game if the road to it hadn’t been so horrid. Being able to just grind out kills so they stopped spawning was a blessing but I’m not sure the game should have been designed around that mechanic.

MightyDemon82

Help. I accidentally hit the weapons dealer in the nexus and ended up having to take him out as he kept coming after me, a wee hint as to where the next weapons dealer might be would be much appreciated. thanks!

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

@MightyDemon82 Which weapons dealer? Is it the blacksmith? If so, there is another one in 2-1. If you are still stuck, let us know and I can post a you tube video of where he is.

MightyDemon82

@JohnnyShoulder it was Boldwin in the nexus, i'm jumping between world 1-2 and 2-1 at the moment, sure i'll come across him soon enough, was making good progress earlier but i'll jump back in tomorrow. Thanks!

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

@MightyDemon82 No worries! Blacksmith Ed is near the start of 2-1. You have to open a up a couple of shortcuts first though and go through most of the level to get to him. You can then use the lift near him to get back to the archstone at the beginning of the level.

You will also find various npc's which need rescuing to appear back in the nexus. They all sell various weapons and other items, but only the blacksmiths can upgrade your weapons.

MightyDemon82

@JohnnyShoulder awesome thanks, have you finished it yet? My journey is just beginning but i'm really enjoying it!

Edited on by MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

@MightyDemon82 Ah yes, I forgot to post in here that I finished the game last night. Glad you are enjoying it! Do you think you will go for the platinum?

JohnnyShoulder

@MightyDemon82 Good luck if you decide to go for it. I was reading up about it before and it seems too much of hassle for my liking. Not a straightforward one and you would probably need a guide before you finish the game first time round.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic