Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 4,206

RR529

Picked up the digital deluxe editions of Sakura Wars & Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order during the sale.

Was going to start up Sakura Wars tomorrow, but I think I'm going to try & get back into Dragon Quest Heroes first.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

HallowMoonshadow

Well... I finally did it. I finally decided to jump into the Yakuza series and got myself Yakuza 0.

I hope you're all happy

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Oh no! We lost another one!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

It was only a matter of time @RogerRoger... You'll be next!

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy They'll never take me alive! [fights off Yakuza fans with a baseball bat]

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Love the new Dash Dingo avatar @Thrillho btw and as for Yakuza... This is certainly going to be one unique experience that's for sure! 😅

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Ha, thanks! It seemed apt after his recent quiz appearance and the fact I’m playing that other well known marsupial platformer right now.

As for Yakuza, the beginning to Zero is a bit slow as there is lots of walking between cutscenes and some serious exposition dump. It is a little linear for a while but once it opens out it’s great fun.

A lot of the personality for the series comes from the side missions (sub stories) and hopefully you don’t mind the stark contrast between the sometimes serious main story and frequently absurd sub stories!

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

Bolainas

My last one is AC Valhalla .

Bolainas

colonelkilgore

So I fully intend to concentrate on what I have left to get through on PS3 and the PS4 games I have already started... but a mate just suggested that we co-op through Dying Light together and I’ve always quite fancied playing it. So it should be arriving next week.

**** DLC!

MaulTsir

Last of us 2, I've been playing for about 25 hours and the graphics especially on the ps5 are amazing and I'm not normally one for graphics but not commenting on then would be unjustified! I'm actually loving it after all the bad reviews (I managed to avoid spoilers) I was worried but I can't believe all the negativity, I mean I can understand it but I just can't believe people would be that petty to not enjoy what seems a brilliant and gripping story! Still got along way to go so I could change my mind I suppose

Edited on by MaulTsir

MaulTsir

belmont

I preordered Atelier Ryza 2. Seems we will get more jrpg games on PS4 this year that I thought.

belmont

HallowMoonshadow

Thrillho wrote:

As for Yakuza, the beginning to Zero is a bit slow as there is lots of walking between cutscenes and some serious exposition dump. It is a little linear for a while but once it opens out it’s great fun.

A lot of the personality for the series comes from the side missions (sub stories) and hopefully you don’t mind the stark contrast between the sometimes serious main story and frequently absurd sub stories!

Ahh cheers for the info there @Thrillho (Sorry for the late reply the last two days were a bit hectic) good to know what to expect for the beginning of it.

As for the side stories... After having read and vaguely remembering Ralizah's review of Kiwami 1 and yours of the second? I believe someone wrote some stuff about zero somewhere too (Isn't there some sort of cat fighting minigame?) I think I'm somewhat prepared for wacky hijinx that will ensue... And I'm all for it!

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yakuza 0 is one of the games that I enjoyed while playing but somehow got away from before I finished it. I think a lot of that has to do with the enormous amount of content in the game. The map is not that big by today’s gaming standards, but it chock full of activities. It was kinda hard on my obsessive personality because if you want to try every mini game then you’re in for a huge time investment. Just learning how to play Mahjong and Shogi (purely optional, like most of the side activities) could take you 20-30 hours alone. 😄 Add to that the batting cages, the arcade games, fishing, slot car racing, karaoke, the real estate and hostess management... and many more. It was a bit overwhelming to me. The core story alone is a meaty chunk of game time. Not to mention it’s one of 8 mainline games, most with an similar amount of content, and it’s an intimidating venture that I think eventually dissuaded me. I don’t know though, I could be convinced to open it up again and at least try to finish the main story. The character are brilliant and the side quests are often hilarious. The personality of the game is unmatched; it’s just a lot of fun.

I guess I’m of two minds about the game. 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Sexy insect lady battles are in Kiwami 2

Pocket Car Racer is one of the timesink side activities in Zero but the hostess maker sub stories/mini game could easily be an own game in its own right! The dance battles are still one of the best things in Zero though.

And as @Th3solution says, it's a meaty affair. I think my total play time was around the 90hr mark doing the main story, all sub stories, and giving most things a go with side activities.

Someone on another forum I use has got the platinums for Zero, K1, and K2 which is insane as you need to beat the game twice and 100% the completion lists.

If you enjoy Zero, the Kiwami games use the same engine but are much shorter games.

Thrillho

Ralizah

@Th3solution Ditto. I played four or five chapters into Yakuza 0 before dropping it when it first released. Game is gigantic.

Hoping to get back to Yakuza 0 this year.

@Thrillho Oh my god, the sexy insect lady game in the first Kiwami was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy lmao get lots of screenshots. You'll want to abuse the share button.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Oh wow... I wasn't quite aware of how long this was so cheers for that @Ralizah, @Th3solution, @Thrillho (-EDIT- & @crimsontadpoles too) and the few more impressions about it and how brimming with side content it is!

And don't worry... I'll be sure to take some screenshots @Ralizah 😅

How are you finding Crash Team Racing btw?

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy So, I've beaten it, and I'm cleaning up the time trials now. I don't think I'll be unlocking the Turbo Track, unfortunately, since I find the CTR challenges to be annoying, to put it mildly. I've cleared 74% of the game's content in... three days? Something like that. I think today is the last day of the free trial anyway.

I have some issues with the game, but I really like the cutscenes and sense of progression you get throughout the adventure mode. Basically, if you combined this game's progression structure, diverse gameplay modes, and cutscenes with the character selection, performance, level design, and mechanics of Mario Kart 8, you'd have an almost perfect game.

I've stuck with Coco the entire time, btw. Only cute character in the game that I've seen.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

How limited is the trial @Ralizah? Is basically everything up for grabs and playable or is it just the adventure mode you're allowed to go through?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic