Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,681 to 2,700 of 4,206

kyleforrester87

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I can handle (and expect) it to be a buggy broken mess, I’m just hoping it’s not a complete buggy broken mess 🤞🏻

I want to get round to BG2 at some point (along with Icewind Dale and Planescape) but they aren’t unfinished business like BG1 and NWN was/are!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Think that will haunt you for a while yet!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

mookysam

@Ralizah I don’t mind the 360 controller for the majority of games, but the d-pad is so unbelievably bad it forced me to use the analogue stick, which is never my preference for side scrollers. This will be my first time playing the original Rondo of Blood as I didn’t unlock the original in Dracula X Chronicles. 😀

@Thrillho Luckily I’ve already completed The Outer Worlds so it wasn’t a wrong-game-bought crisis. 😂

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

@mookysam Dracula X Chronicles was great but jeeeeez was it hard. That’s how I played SotN the first time but it was properly hard to unlock.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

Having beaten Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, FF7 Remake, and now Yakuza Kiwami this year, I just realized I've played three separate games that all involve participating in illicit or otherwise shady fighting competitions as part of the primary plotline. Interesting.

@mookysam I hate the controller overall. The plastic feels... cheap, I don't like the rubber on the sticks, and the triggers are so poorly designed that they feel uncomfortable to use.

And, yes, it has one of the worst D-Pads I've ever seen. I'd rather control games with joycon d-buttons, frankly.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Thrillho

@mookysam I look forward to hearing your thoughts on The Outer W*(*)lds.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho The Outer... Wealds??

ZeroOverOne

@nessisonett Hello my friend, I aggressively recommend you watch the Steins; Gate anime first, it’s one hell of a experience and it’s one of my favorite anime’s of all time, after that you should play each game in order, as the anime will let you get hold of the story faster and games expand it and deepen your knowledge of the world. Fingers crossed for second season of Steins; Gate 0 this or next year! White fox surely do know how to make an amazing ski-fi stuff.

Edited on by ZeroOverOne

ZeroOverOne

HallowMoonshadow

kyleforrester87 wrote:

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy and as mad as it sounds my love for the game is based mostly on the main menu soundtrack 🤷‍♂️

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bwZVdx-0ey8

Straight out of Skyrim! (And very Lord of the Ringsy actually)

That is some pretty awesome menu music to be fair @kyleforrester87! Seems to set the tone of it quite well. I think do sorta get the LotR comparison as well

Good luck on your unfinished business Kyle!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

mookysam

@Ralizah Other than the N64 controller it’s the only one where build quality issues reared their head. The spring in one of the triggers went which made it practically unusable. Aside from that I liked it for for FPS games, certainly compared to the PS3 and it’s odd spongy triggers.

@nessisonettYeah Dracula X is insanely difficult. I did somehow manage to complete it, which was immensely satisfying, but there were moments where I considered giving up. One aspect I found brilliant is the music.

I hope it’s not like the outer Weald. I grew up there and it was so boring!

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter

Ralizah

In terms of difficulty from most to least, I'd rank the Classicvanias thusly:

• Castlevania III
  • Castlevania II
  • Castlevania
  • Bloodlines
  • Rondo of Blood
  • Super Castlevania IV

IMO, Rondo's difficulty level is basically perfect. It's challenging enough to be satisfying, but doesn't possess that aggravating, unfair quality that the NES games did.

I do like how it includes an alternate character who functionally serves as the game's easy mode. Maria's campaign is easier, but no less rewarding to play through than Richter's.

Never played Dracula X on SNES. I take it that's more challenging than Rondo?

Edited on by Ralizah

mookysam

Whoops I meant the PSP Rondo of Blood remake @Ralizah (and apologies for messing up the tag in my last post). Isn’t the SNES port supposed to be quite poor? One of the main reasons I found Rondo so difficult was because it was the first traditional Castlevania I played, coming after years of playing the Symphony of the Night style ones. The very limited jump took a little while to get used to. Since then the only other traditional one I’ve played is Super Castlevania IV, which I reckon has a very fair difficulty.

Black Lives Matter

Ralizah

@mookysam That's what I've heard about Dracula X, which is why I never even bothered playing it. Granted, it's so heavily altered, from what I hear, that it's basically a new game, so I probably should.

The NES games are all frustrating in their own ways. CV1 is the most approachable of the bunch, but the flea men in the Clock Tower and the entirety of Stage 15 often end my runs of the game prematurely. Simon's Quest is primarily difficult because of the cryptic progression structure and confusing level design. Dracula's Curse (CV3) is just nightmarishly difficult all-around, and has probably the hardest final level in the series.

Thankfully, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon took the CV3 concept and dramatically toned down the difficulty of it. It's the game I wish Dracula's Curse was. I'm pretty happy that it's getting a sequel next month!

Edited on by Ralizah

nessisonett

@ZeroOverOne Ok great, I’ve been meaning to dive into the series for some time but with so many different projects it’s kinda hard to know where to start! I’ve just come off the back of a few different anime so this gives me something to watch, cheers!

nessisonett

@Ralizah I’d absolutely agree with your ranking there but put the 3D Rondo of Blood either above or below Castlevania 3. It’s just insanely hard.

Ralizah

@nessisonett Weird. I unlocked and beat everything in the PSP Rondo remake and don't remember it being particularly difficult. Granted, I never went back to it after unlocking everything, as I thought the game was kind of ugly looking, but now I'll have to go back and play it again.

nessisonett

@Ralizah Oof, you clearly have way more skills than I do! I could never beat 3 either though, having to go all the way at the start of the level dying against Dracula is a level of annoyance I couldn’t stick 😂😂

Ralizah

@nessisonett More skills, or just less of a social life?

Yeah, the final level of CV3 is some Ninja Gaiden BS. I actually have never been able to beat Ninja Gaiden 1 for that reason. The saving grace of CV3 is that Dracula's final two forms aren't too brutal.

nessisonett

@Ralizah Aha, I did beat Ninja Gaiden 1 so maybe I lack a social life as well 😂😂

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic