themcnoisy

OK my full breakdown of stuff so far;

2tb seagate hd
£35 psn credit
12 months ps plus
A nes mug
A Mario t shirt
PS symbol cuff links
A pretty neat mini arcade with 156 megadrive games. It worked really well for 2 hours - now it won't work at all

I'm gonna talk about the last item. Its got a bizarre selection of games which is amazing for me. So no Sonic other than spinball. Streets of Rage 3 that's the only franchise entry. No Shining Force. And most expected entrees are missing.

However you get Herzwog zwei, desert strike, Nhlpa hockey, sensible soccer, cannon fodder, tetris and loads of other left field games. It's a pity its already busted as the emulation was amazing. The controls were also really good, the stick - clicks into the right directions and the 6 buttons had a good amount of button above the board. Hopefully I can get it fixed up, didn't want to recharge earlier

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy I really hope you can get that mini MegaDrive working again, buddy! Sounds like it's packed with hidden gems and forgotten classics.

PlayStation cufflinks for the win, by the way. I have two sets!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Despite the continued (!!) delays to my other orders with them, Limited Run Games did manage to dispatch a copy of Red Faction to me over Christmas, as promised. It arrived yesterday.

Untitled

Wasn't expecting this to be my first experience of an LRG product, but I'm happy enough with it. Am listening to the soundtrack now and getting all the retro vibes I wanted. Not sure whether I'll ever play the game from the disc (unless some catastrophe befalls PSN or there's another weird P.T. moment with THQ Nordic) but it's a nice little collection to have.

Fingers tightly crossed for my two other orders; not just that they're of the same quality, but also for them actually being made and turning up someday!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD That is very sensible of you!

I think I'm on about my fifth controller for this gen. They do not break as such, but the battery does not hold its charge for very long, so I replace them when it gets to that stage. Saying that my last controller I replaced I noticed the triggers were not as responsive as my newer controllers. I think that was my last V1 controller.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

@RogerRoger I don't like collectors editions (waste of money and resources!) but that's pretty awesome. I loved the original RF1 and 2 at the time. I tried replaying RF1 recently and it really doesn't hold up.. I didn't get out the mines, so maybe you just need to get used to it.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i don't buy many collectors editions as most of them are worth no where near how much they charge for them (i think the last one i brought was the Final Fantasy Type-0 one) but that one looks pretty nice

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder I’m still using the controller that came with the console but do end up playing with it mostly connected to my laptop..

Thrillho

MightyDemon82

I was tempted by the sale and with Xmas money got CTR, FFX-X2, Catherine, Day's Gone and Yakuza 6.

MightyDemon82

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 Yeah, this was definitely a nostalgia-fuelled purchase. Like you, I loved Red Faction back in the day (never got the sequel, alas) but when I recently returned to it as a PS2 Classic on PS4, I found it tough going, with the "Hey, I remember this bit!" moments only just carrying me through. Without the happy memories, I'd have stayed in the mines with you, methinks.

@FullbringIchigo It's got to be a special game (or a very quiet year) to get me buying a fancy edition nowadays, absolutely agreed. With only two new releases in 2019, I figured I could push the boat out a little.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

On the recommendation of a friend, and since it's heavily discounted in the sale, I just got Life is Strange 2: The Complete Season and am downloading all the episodes now.

As soon as I've finished Shenmue, I'll be diving right in. Apparently it's gonna depress me, so... yay?

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@MightyDemon82 Will do! It'll be interesting to see how it pans out, but there was no way I was gonna torture myself by starting it during its painfully-long release schedule.

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@RogerRoger It's grim, and I've only seen up to the end of episode two so I dread to think what else is in store.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

@mookysam Oh, good. At least I'm laughing at Shenmue a lot right now!

Making It So Since 1987

Zorbacles

went to buy crash bandicoot today only to find that it is back up to full price.

got "the golf club 2019 pga tour" instead. have always loved the PGA tour games right from the start up until the last tiger woods game. then i got rory mcilroy and it was terrible.

apparenlty "The Golf Club" was a much better game so looking forward to trying it out.

Zorbacles

nessisonett

Beat Devil May Cry 3 in a couple of days through PS Now and loved it, it’s incredible how well it played through streaming considering the reflexes required. Currently have 4 and 5 sitting in my basket ready for purchase but I’m just wondering from you lovely lot whether it’s worth streaming 4’s base game since I already have PS Now or buying the Special Edition?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

DonJorginho

Slightly broke my NYR and decided to buy both the Witcher 3 DLCs.

Am loving my time with The Witcher 3 so thought why not buy them both for around £8 altogether!

Edited on by DonJorginho

DonJorginho

RogerRoger

Following on from their Red Faction release I recently received, look what FINALLY turned up from Limited Run Games just before the weekend!

Untitled

Was due in August. Not bad for something that's five months late, then.

Just to be clear, the Jango Fett statue wasn't included. I got that for myself recently and it happened to still be out on my desk.

Obsessed? Me? Get out of town!

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger That is one beautiful set right there!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

mookysam

@RogerRoger Very nice! The Jango Fett statue is brilliant too.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic