Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 2,221 to 2,240 of 4,206

RogerRoger

@Tasuki Sorry to hear you've had to send back Borderlands 3. I could see how excited you were about it, so that's not great at all. Here's hoping you and your son can find something else to play together, or that you'll enjoy playing it later once it's been patched and you've snagged it in a sale.

Fingers crossed GreedFall is a better choice, too! Let us know how you get along, please, as I'm sure I'm not alone in wondering whether I should bite.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Tasuki

@RogerRoger Thanks man, that means alot. I am pretty sure I will pick Borderlands 3 up again but it will probably be on Xbox One where I could at least play with my friends online right now though I am disappointed with it and I know I wouldn't enjoy it.

As for games my son and I can play, I have River City Girls ordered from LRG so we will have that to play when it arrives. We both loved River City Ransom on the NES and already have seen some let's plays on YouTube for the game so we don't think we will be disappointed with that one.

I played a bit of Greedfall last night and so far I am enjoying it. My biggest worries was how the controls were having played Bound by Flame and The Techomancer before. But it seems that the devs got the contols down for Greedfall. It also was priced a bit cheaper at $49.99 rather the $59.99 like most games which was nice. It definitely has that Bioware feel to it too which is great. It's worth so far at least a play through if you are curious about it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

HallowMoonshadow

You're buying all the games @KratosMD besides the ones you asked about in the recommendation topic lol

There is a free trial/demo for Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet... it was tucked away in the free to play games on the UK store for some reason if you're interested

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

mookysam

@KratosMD Zestiria has quite a few issues that held it back for me. However, the dungeons are very well designed and one aspect of the battle system where the characters are "linked" with elemental spirits is quite interesting and adds an extra layer of strategy.

I'd highly recommend Tales of Graces f on the PS3. The battle system is so good!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

HallowMoonshadow

Ha ha I was only ribbing ya a little @KratosMD I assumed it wasn't a wasted conversation as you come across as quite the nice person when we've chatted! Hope you enjoy all the stuff you bought!

And yeah Fatal Bullet is mostly a third person shooter rather then the... action game Hollow Fragment is? I dunno never played any of the others and only tried the demo for this cus... It was a free demo and I was a bit bored

It was ok. Not the greatest I've played... Was fairly responsive though and looked alright. Wasn't bad by any means.

You do get to make your own character in it and it's a pretty decent character creator (Not as nice as Code Vein's though).

The main protag from the series quickly gets shoved in your face so fast to the point I dunno why they bothered letting you make your own character though.

The Japenese only voices got a bit on my nerves though compared to Digimon: Cyber Slueth... Maybe cus in this there is a bunch more squeaky voiced teen girls.

As for the Tales series I've only played Xillia. It was... Pretty decent? It's honestly been ages since I played it though so I don't remember all that much besides I was interested in trying the direct sequel. It was quite pretty though for ps3!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Tasuki Just going back to last week, I saw your expanded comments about Borderlands 3 in the Chit Chat topic, so I'm real sorry to hear it hit you so hard. I don't blame you for feeling that way (it wasn't just a game you lost, but an experience with your son) but I'm glad you guys have something else to look forward to playing together. Here's hoping Limited Run Games speed up their backlog of fulfilling orders, though; I'm still waiting for a couple from them, which are a month late now!

And thanks for your early impressions of GreedFall, which contribute towards a growing "not if I play it, but when" feeling I have about the game. Hope you're still enjoying it!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Tasuki

@RogerRoger Yeah I am enjoying Greedfall alot. It definitely scratches that Bioware itch. If you haven't played it I highly recommend it. As for LRG I only had a game delayed once and that was Dust for Switch and that was due to the ESRB rating it. Everything else I ordered came on time. I do know if you have multiple orders from them, they ship everything out at once to you so you might be waiting on one game and that throws the whole order off.

My Backlog

mookysam

@KratosMD I've liked most of them, though I guess as with all long-running series everyone will have different favourites. Vesperia is a brilliant all-rounder (though the battle system is a little dated by the modern standards of the series) and benefits from excellent production values. The music is my favourite Tales soundtrack so I have it on CD. For me Tales is like the gaming form of comfort food and so always something nice and reliable to go to. The battle systems are particularly solid as a foundation for the gameplay. Curiously the aspects of the series that get the most criticism from critics are things that I find endearing, like the (mostly) happy characters and the tropey plots.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Xillia 2 is an odd one. Most of the game recycles areas from the first, although it manages to have a completely different feel. The story has some pretty heavy moments, which really surprised me. What I liked most was seeing the cast of the first game again. They're a well rounded and likeable bunch.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

HellOfaHunter

Pre-ordered Shenmue III and the Surge 2.

🎮 PSN ID: HellOfaHunter

RogerRoger

@Tasuki I didn't know that about Limited Run Games, thank you. That might explain it, as I pre-ordered Red Faction a month or so after Star Wars: Bounty Hunter. I'll check their schedule!

Making It So Since 1987

Tasuki

@RogerRoger Yeah it usually says that in when you are on the order screen that if you order multiple items everything will be shipped out at once. Not sure why they do that maybe it's cheaper for them to do it that way or something.

My Backlog

RogerRoger

@Tasuki Well, I checked and Bounty Hunter is now delayed until November, the same month as Red Faction anyway. Something about needing licencing approval on the Jango Fett pin badge.

Their business model is pretty odd... cool, I guess, but odd.

Making It So Since 1987

Tasuki

@RogerRoger Yeah that was like me with Dust for the Switch. Originally I was suppose to get it in January but didn't get it till April. According to them it was cause of the ESRB. But the I thought to myself didn't they get an ESRB rating for the digital release.

My Backlog

RogerRoger

@Tasuki That is odd. Maybe there are different rules for physical products that you could theoretically trade in at an actual store or something? In case the store then sells it to a kid? Total guess!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Just purchased and downloaded Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast on PS4.

For those concerned about a cash-grab, it comes in at a somewhat-reasonable £7.99 (especially considering it appears to be a simple port of the PC version at maximum settings).

@Fullbringlchigo Heads up, buddy!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Bought Shadow of the Tomb Raider Croft Edition in the Deal of the Week. I don't normally buy any DLC before I've played the main game, but for 24 quid I thought thst was too good to pass over.

I've really enjoyed the previous games, but from what I saw of it it just looked like too much of more of the same. But i think enough time has passed for me thst i don't recall so much of the previous games.

So really looking forward tomplay this, shout out to @RogerRoger and @Th3solution whose comments in the game thread piqued my interest. Cheers guys!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Awesome! I think you’ll like it. For the money I think that’s a good call on getting the Croft Edition. I didn’t play the DLC but kinda want to. I’ll be curious to hear your impressions.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Yay! Looking forward to what you think. It'll be interesting because you'll have the DLC tombs integrated into the environments as you progress (although some are left until later in the game, or might not unlock until you've seen the credits). It may therefore feel particularly gargantuan at times, so I'd say you were wise to wait, but even the weakest DLC tomb matches the quality of some found in the core game... and the best? Well, I consider one to be the greatest ever Tomb Raider tomb. Not to oversell it or anything!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

Bought Spider-Man in the latest PS store sale. Recently got given some credit as a gift and have been wanting this game for an age now.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic