Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 1,641 to 1,660 of 4,206

Th3solution

@Ralizah I was shocked to see how cheap Horizon Zero Dawn is now. The current sale price for the complete edition (with the PS Plus discount added) is only $2 more than the cost of the Frozen Wilds DLC. I thoroughly enjoyed R&C too and am also really liking HZD, but yes, it is a long game. R&C never overstays it’s welcome.

Random semi-related thought:
It’s always hard to predict which games will drop in price and are worth waiting, while some stay up there for years. For example, God of War is down to $35 in the current sale. Very tempting for me at that price. It’s a Goty contender, highly rated, blockbuster title that is only 4 months old, and the price is starting to drop. Contrast with Kingdom Come: Deliverance, a game I’ve had my eye on out of curiosity, thinking that since it has not set the charts on fire, probably under performed and it’s likely they want to try to move units — and despite my expectations to be able to find it cheap, it’s price on the current sale is still $40. I would think it would be much less. It’s been out 2 months longer than GoW.

And it’s weird how sometimes complete editions are even cheaper than the standard editions.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87 wrote:

I got Burnout Paradise in the sale and I didn't know DJ Atomica did the commentary for this game, that's awesome! I loved him in SSX3. I knew he did a Burnout but I thought it was an earlier one - maybe he did more?

Bought that a few weeks back, it's good fun and scratched the arcade racer itch I had. But holy f, i found DJ Atomica annoying! Shame there wasn't an option to mute him.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

@JohnnyShoulder I love him, but only because he's in SSX 3 and I honestly never found him annoying in that game, and it's one of my favourite games ever. So as soon as I heard his voice I was pretty chuffed.

I can see why people would hate him though lol

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

@Th3solution Most PS4 games crash in price after a year or so. Especially first-party games. Although the Uncharted games seem to hold their value a bit longer than others. I imagine TLOU Part II will be the same way.

It's actually a big reason I don't bother buying the majority of PS4 and AAA games at launch. Why buy then when I can wait a while and net the same game for less than half the price it was originally?

The only difference is when I want to support a game at launch, and then I always preorder anyway.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

AdamantiumClaws

Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 remix HD, waiting on it to come in the mail. Never bought the PS3 versions so I'm happy for this. Ain't touched a KH game in years. Very happy to finally play the Final Mix versions of the games. Was pissed in 2008 when I first heard about them and we never got them.

Edited on by AdamantiumClaws

Even the rocks do not recall.

KidRyan

AdamantiumClaws wrote:

Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 remix HD, waiting on it to come in the mail. Never bought the PS3 versions so I'm happy for this. Ain't touched a KH game in years. Very happy to finally play the Final Mix versions of the games. Was pissed in 2008 when I first heard about them and we never got them.

Hope you have fun, especially against the Final Mix exclusive bosses and everything Birth by Sleep.

Also, you'll want to buy Kingdom Hearts 2.8 if you don't already have it. Dream Drop HD continues the main story after KH2, and KH 0.2 BBS bridges the gap between BBS and KH 1-3.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah wrote:

It's actually a big reason I don't bother buying the majority of PS4 and AAA games at launch. Why buy then when I can wait a while and net the same game for less than half the price it was originally?

The only difference is when I want to support a game at launch, and then I always preorder anyway.

Yeah same here, one of the reasons I pre-ordered HZD and God of War, albeit only a couple of weeks before release.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder @Ralizah Yeah, same here. I still haven't played Niet and Persona, so why buy anything from 2018, when I can get those for 50% off.

Kidfried

AdamantiumClaws

KidBoruto wrote:

AdamantiumClaws wrote:

Hope you have fun, especially against the Final Mix exclusive bosses and everything Birth by Sleep.

Also, you'll want to buy Kingdom Hearts 2.8 if you don't already have it. Dream Drop HD continues the main story after KH2, and KH 0.2 BBS bridges the gap between BBS and KH 1-3.

Yep, 2.8 is on my list to play directly after I finish this one. These compilations are nice, feels like an apology for releasing games across 5 different consoles. Lol.

KidRyan

AdamantiumClaws wrote:

Yep, 2.8 is on my list to play directly after I finish this one. These compilations are nice, feels like an apology for releasing games across 5 different consoles. Lol.

That's very true, it is sorta like an apology. I wish I had waited to play BBS until the PS3/PS4 versions were announced, instead of playing it 1-2 years after the PSP version was announced.

Thankfully I never bought/played Dream Drop on 3DS, no matter how many times I was tempted to...paid off in the long run .

Kidfried

@KratosMD Let me know what you think of Song of the Deep. I've heard impression on that one go both ways.

Kidfried

Xaritah

Bought ni no kuni2 2 from EBay 😁 it's still sealed and it was only 24 euros (sorry I don't understand pounds 🤔) really cheap compared with the prices in the Portuguese stores in which he costs 50 euros 😂

Xaritah

PSN: Sarasilva7

AdamantiumClaws

KidBoruto wrote:

AdamantiumClaws wrote:

That's very true, it is sorta like an apology. I wish I had waited to play BBS until the PS3/PS4 versions were announced, instead of playing it 1-2 years after the PSP version was announced.

Thankfully I never bought/played Dream Drop on 3DS, no matter how many times I was tempted to...paid off in the long run .

I too never bought.played DDD, and was very tempted to. Glad I never got it, because these re-releases can often feel like a slap in the face.

I've been playing KH1, good god the gameplay has not aged well. And it's really difficult. Embarrassingly after getting to Deep Jungle, I had to start over on Beginner mode. I just prefer a more explorative experience, and I also have to watch things with my carpal tunnel symptoms.

Jaz007

I order Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition. I also got Wau of the Samurai 3 along with it and Metal Gear Solid for the PS1 as well.

Jaz007

KidRyan

AdamantiumClaws wrote:

I also never bought/played DDD, and was very tempted to. Glad I never got it, because these re-releases can often feel like a slap in the face.

I've been playing KH1, good god the gameplay has not aged well. And it's really difficult. Embarrassingly after getting to Deep Jungle, I had to start over on Beginner mode. I just prefer a more explorative experience, and I also have to watch things with my carpal tunnel symptoms.

You can't just go running in hitting attack on Normal/Proud sadly lol. I had to grind and level up for awhile before continuing the story.

Yeah all these re-release do sometimes feel like a slap to the face.

AdamantiumClaws

KidBoruto wrote:

AdamantiumClaws wrote:

I also never bought/played DDD, and was very tempted to. Glad I never got it, because these re-releases can often feel like a slap in the face.

You can't just go running in hitting attack on Normal/Proud sadly lol. I had to grind and level up for awhile before continuing the story.

Yeah all these re-release do sometimes feel like a slap to the face.

Well it's interesting, because I read that Normal mode on Final Mix is harder than Normal on the original was, with even your attacks doing only 2/3 of the damage they did back then. I don't like that they did that, I felt the original was already very challenging.

AdamantiumClaws

Just got Legend of Kay Anniversary today. Never played the first release, but based on reviews it looks like fun. And it was only $8.

Quintumply

I bought DOOM in the sale, as I've been meaning to play it since it came out. Looking forward to it!

Also, I totally caved and got Dead Cells. Couldn't resist, despite a small but growing pile of shame.

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

@Quintumply It's fantastic! Still haven't finished the SP playthrough. MP is really good.

Through my browsing rabbit hole, just found that Caladrius Blaze is down to £3.69 on PSN! Yoink!

Edited on by KALofKRYPTON

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Kidfried

So... I couldn't contain myself after reading the Kiwami 2 review and immediately bought Kiwami.

Already is a great game. The story grabbed me from the very first scene, and I really like some of the changes from Zero already.

I don't know how I feel about the recycled resources. On one hand they do a fine job of immediately making me feel at home in the game's world, but on the other hand it feels a bit lazy, as I like each game having a distinct feel.

Anyway, it's a cozy experience already and can't wait to progress further in the story. Also like how they clearly added some references to Zero in, which make these games feel more connected than they initially were (being released 12 years apart).

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic