Forums

Topic: whats the best theme for the PS4?

Posts 121 to 140 of 165

Simon_Fitzgerald

The Game of Thrones Dynamic Theme is simple and clean, it's a shame it doesn't have the theme tune to go with it but it's definitely my favourite theme atm.

Simon_Fitzgerald

PSN: ScarySim6 | Twitter:

Tasuki

I went with the PS2 theme and I will say hearing the start up jingle and then the waves brought a flood of memories to me. I got goosebumps hearing it again after all these years it was like the first time I heard it on the PS2. It's hard to say if this one or the PSONE theme are my favorite now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Carlos1996

I don't own many themes but I have a strong belief that all the Persona 5 themes are great!

Carlos1996

Th3solution

Has anyone noticed that using any of the dynamic themes tends to slow down the responsiveness of navigating their PS4 at all?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Tasuki I hear you, it's magical. I adore it (moreso than the PSone theme, mainly because I used to leave the PS2 menu on to listen to those crashing waves whilst I did my homework... ah, nostalgia).

@Th3solution Sometimes, yes. It depends on the theme and how much it's asking your console to do. One of my favourite themes is the Uncharted 4 underwater one, with the fish, but because it's doing two different moving backgrounds, multiple random 3D objects and unique music, it did slow things down considerably and I stopped using it... meanwhile, the Uncharted: Drake's Fortune waterfall U-Boat theme was okay, because it was just one moving background and some music.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@Th3solution i have but since the update that lets you use custom backgrounds came along i haven't used a dynamic theme, i just make my own

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

themcnoisy

@Th3solution yup. Ive gone back to static backgrounds. Im currently using one of the wipeout pack in themes (Auricom is it?) and it looks class. I just wish the theme didnt include the ship, the colouring and overall design splash are excellent but the ships too big and makes it look a bit cheap.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

WanderingBullet

There's a free TLOU2 theme plus TLOU2 avatars in the JP store.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

JohnnyShoulder

@WanderingBullet Cheers! I like a good theme. Currently got the Yoku's Island Express rocking on my PS4.

Only recently realised that some have a unique soundtack on em. One of the Resident Evils was well spooky. Especially if it is first thing in the morning.

The Dark Souls 3 Ringed City theme is really good. Takes you through some of the environments in the main game.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

WanderingBullet

@JohnnyShoulder No problem, man. The theme is actually quite nice. Previously, I was using the Spider-man theme.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

JJ-firl

Switched to the Firewatch dynamic theme and I absolutely love it. When I came home the other day my partner told me that she fired up the PS4 to use Netflix and spent ten minutes or so on the home screen just browsing the apps from the left to the right and back, mesmerized by the background and music.

It also works as a friendly reminder to finally play Firewatch!

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

Jaz007

@KratosMD Do you mean the PS3 theme? I don't see any available for the PS4, and it's rather strange to me that they didn't seem to make any for it. Especially since it's what people care about now.

Jaz007

Ralizah

So far, the FF7R and Transistor themes are my favorites. The Transistor one especially has some really neat music.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Gremio108

I found a free theme called 'Indivisible'. I've no idea what Indivisible actually is, but the theme looks cool. When I'm not rocking one of my own screenshots, this is my go-to.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Jaz007

@KratosMD I just looked on the web store, put a theme filter on and didn’t find anything. I’ll try again, but that’s funny, because this isn’t the first time I haven’t found any.

Jaz007

Tjuz

@JJ-firl Do play Firewatch! I (finally) played it earlier this year and finished it in one sitting. Truly an example of great storytelling, and the voice acting is fantastic too. It sucks you into the game and doesn't let go until it ends.

Tjuz

Kidfried

@JJ-firl I want that theme so bad, but I feel uncomfortable actually paying for it.

Kidfried

JJ-firl

@Tjuz I really should!

@Kidfried It's hard to feel uncomfortable when looking at something that pretty. Anyways, you could just pretend you bought Firewatch for 3,50 Euro more than what you paid for it. It's the first (and probably the last) time I paid for a theme but I don't regret it.

Edited on by JJ-firl

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried I know what you mean. I only usually get the free ones, the only times I've paid for themes is when I've either really enjoyed the game or I've got the game 2nd hand, and fancy showing the dev a bit of gratitude.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

I usually change mine seasonally, so need find a good Autumn/Winter one from my collection.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.