Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 6,341 to 6,360 of 6,463

Thrillho

@KAIRU Ha, the enemies at the end were just evil seeing as you had to do the whole thing (although with a slight shortcut) if they killed you.

I really hope Silksong can live up to it after all this time.

Thrillho

KAIRU

@Thrillho I'm confident Silksong will deliver. It can't bloody come soon enough though!

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

KilloWertz

Life is Strange 2

I'm only about 2 hours in and still on Episode 1, so the jury is still very much out on where this will land for me amongst the rest of the series. I'm enjoying it so far though.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Fight_Teza_Fight

I’ve been playing Outriders & enjoying it.

It’s very much a budget Destiny-lite. Even side quests seem meaningful & I really like the gameplay loop.
While playing the story missions you can set a ‘world tier’. These affect difficulty, enemy level & the rarity of the loot you can obtain.
Even though I’m perfectly happy playing the game on normal the game makes it rewarding enough that I try my best at the highest world tier I can manage (currently at 8).
I like it & would be interested in a sequel. Wish it wasn’t always online though. Got kicked twice last weekend.

My main problem is that’s definitely designed to be played co-op. Enemies swarm at you from the get-go, which doesn’t make something like a sniper rifle feasible in solo play.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Th3solution

@Fight_Teza_Fight If I’m remembering correctly I think they do have a sequel on the works. I could be wrong about that though

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Errrrr, I wouldn't place any bets on that.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Th3solution @JohnnyShoulder Wasn’t it on the cards? Seems like it did pretty well for Square?

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

JohnnyShoulder

@Fight_Teza_Fight Last I heard, it failed to make a profit. So a sequel seems unlikely at this point. But you never know.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I know Colin was a big fan of it and so I thought I remember a SS episode where he mentioned being excited about a possible sequel, but maybe it was just him being hopeful.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I'm a big fan of the show, but don't think everything he says is golden. At least he is usually transparent when things do not turn into like he originally thought, like what he heard about Bloodborne for example. Like all leaks and rumours, they should be taken with a couple of tonnes of salt.

Elodin

Picked up Titan Quest after watching the trailer for Titan Quest 2. This game completely eluded me when it came out 5 years ago for console. I might have confused it with Risen 3, which is a terrible game. I read a couple reviews and thought sure I'll pick it up on sale. It just so happened to be on sale at $6. While the game originally came out in 2008 I think, it holds up quite well. My biggest complaint and that of many I see is the targeting system. You don't pick who you target. It could be a trash mob 30 feet away and boss in front of you won't be targeted. Other than that the game is quite enjoyable. It's a competitive take on the arpg genre. The class mastery system allows for a crazy variety of builds. I'm not too far in, but the story is OK. Instead of hell vs heaven like Diablo, it's you vs the gods including Greek, Egyptian, and others. With all the replayability it should get me through the month until Baldurs Gate 3.

Elodin

HallowMoonshadow

Seeing as it got removed off the game club list and no one was interested in it but me who submitted it I'm playing Blasphemous

Good stuff so far. Only 2 hours in but highly enjoying it.

I'm actually decent at using the parry mechanic is probably the most surprising thing about it.

Love the Spanish Catholic setting for this grizzly metroidvania. Beautiful pixel art too, especially for the cutscenes.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

Playing Spiritfarer at the mo, as I fancied a change of pace after completing Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order the other day.

I started it a few months back, but wasn't feeling it. It has clicked with me now though.

It feels quite a chilled experience and quite cute in places as you can do stuff like hug the residents of your boat and cook them meals. Sometimes that can be a bit of a turn off for me, but doesn't seem to bother me so much so far.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder just checked the store for this and it turns out I must’ve already bought it 😅. Doesn’t seem like my usual type of game but I do like having something very chill in the back pocket… might try and fit it in as a side game to something (like Splinter Cell: Blacklist for instance, the perfectionist difficulty of which is kicking my ****).

**** DLC!

HallowMoonshadow

No no I wasn't booted @AgentCooper! I just meant Blasphemous got dropped from the pool of games to vote for and no one seemed interested in it besides me anyway!

I've been gone for the past 2 months off of Push but I got plenty of notifications from you for the game club topic!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Bundersvessel

@HallowMoonshadow oh i see, must have read that wrong. Glad to see you around again 👍

The shortlist has been a bit of a headache to be fair, i keep trying to gather a overall consensus of titles to play yet very rarely get a straight answer. Parsing pertinent information from all the noise is proving difficult 😂

CaptD

@HallowMoonshadow I started Blasphemous a while back and unfortunately got sidetracked by other games but I would have voted for it, perhaps it was nominated in the same month as a more urgent game such as Stray which was leaving Extra.
@colonelkilgore Ha ha Blacklist can be tricky, it is all about the gadgets. Hope you managed to get all the MP trophies sorted.

I'm playing Chicory atm, seeing as it is leaving Extra shortly. Quite surprised by the game and really didn't know what to expect, I thought it would all be painting by numbers etc..

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@CaptD i started to get used to it eventually… I think my main issue was starting the game on perfectionist and going for ghost at the same time. Maybe I should’ve played through it on normal first but as I said, i started to get to grips with it after a few hours. Think im through seven or eight of the main missions now, so not too much of the campaign left at least.

**** DLC!

Anti-Matter

Youtubers Life 2
Back to business after get patched again with latest update version 1.0.8.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic