Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,981 to 3,000 of 6,460

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution

Awesome, it does seem like I’ve found some like-minded people.

In regards to DS, it’s a damn shame! I honestly think the poor reception that it received was due to a mixture of people not liking the ‘idea’ of the gameplay loop and then either not giving it a fair crack of the whip or didn’t even play it at all... that and the negative anti-white male protagonist Sony 1st Party exclusive sentiment that was trotted out during 2019. For the record I also thoroughly enjoyed Days Gone, one of the best ‘endgame’ segments (taking out all the hordes) in all of last gen.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Definitely among friends here!
Actually, we have plenty of people that didn’t care for DS, but a lot here do adore it. Push Square is varied enough that there’s usually at least one user out there who’ll have a common opinion 😄
And part of what I love about Push Square is that I can try new games based on what like-minded users have also liked. So, for example, I am now even more interested in checking out Days Gone (which I have been lukewarm about honestly) given your adding another endorsement. Actually @Col_McCafferty also recently was telling me it was good. And I’m trying to remember, but I think it’s @Arugula who stated it’s his favorite PlayStation game of this whole generation and speaks glowingly of it. The fact that DG is included in the PS Plus collection on PS5 means I’ll wait to play it there... if I can ever find a PS5 to buy.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution

Finding this place has been a great little surprise this weekend and no doubt. Well I hope you get lucky with a PS5 as it runs beautifully on it. It’s a game where gunplay needs to be put on the back burner until you get a decent amount of perks alotted to the right tree (basically the second half of your play through).

So stealth it for the first half (ably assisted by the awesome melee) and then gun it in the second half (and then shock and awe in the endgame). Really good (underappreciated) game.

**** DLC!

HallowMoonshadow

Lol I wrote a review of it in the review thread and didn't really like the story or Deacon in the slightest @Th3solution (The gameplay was ok and I quite liked the bike and traversal) and I know @nessisonett strongly dislikes Deacon as well (Not sure on his opinion for the rest of the game)

So all kinds of opinions on Day's Gone here

I'm afraid I'm not all that familar with PC stuff at all beyond the basics @SweetSummerShunv.

I've dipped my toe into the shallowest end of pc gaming only once and didn't have the greatest of times. But with Console gaming getting ever closer to PC Gaming... Who knows? I may try it once again 😄

I do wonder how Horizon: Forbidden West is going to be on PS4 (Especially with my weaker slim) considering it'll be a cross gen title.

Miles Morales seems to be pretty good though on last gen all things considered. I don't see myself getting a PS5 before it comes out so... I might actually play the PS4 version. Hopefully it'll run smoothly enough! 😅

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

colonelkilgore

@Arugula

Interesting that you would rank it your favourite exclusive but score it a seven. I’d love to hear your thoughts on Bloodborne, God of War and Horizon: Zero Dawn.

I’m no reviewer but would personally give it a solid 8 - 8.5. As far as exclusives go this gen, I’d probably go Bloodborne, God of War, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Death Stranding, Nioh 1 & 2 and Days Gone (although I loved it). Still to play The Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima but I would imagine that both will figure somewhere between 3 and 6 when all is said and done.

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore I just finished TLOU2 (well, I’m mid-way through a second run for that coveted platinum..) and it should certainly be battling for a top 3 spot on that list of yours!

With how long this gen has been, I almost forget Bloodborne and Nioh 1 were on PS4.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho
Glad you enjoyed/are enjoying it, it seems to have really caused a schism within the fan base but (and I simply couldn’t avoid the spoilers no matter how I tried) the fact that **** happened... and **** is a protagonist... and that, well everyone is **** doesn’t put me off.

In fact, having watched quite a bit of gameplay (the one thing which I thought was merely mediocre in the original TLoU), I’m pretty sure it plays better and that I will enjoy it. For all the plaudits the original got, and I get it... while my following comment may suggest that I do not, the actual ‘game’ itself was imho pretty average. The narrative, world and characters on the other hand were stellar... and worthy of the praise heaped upon it.

**** DLC!

Col_McCafferty

Days Gone a 8/10 for me, Death Stranding 9/10 but The Last of Us Part II I'd give 10/10.

Not that mere ratings tell the whole story. I played the latter two around the same time, at first saved DS for the day and when I just wanted to chill and Part II for the evenings and when I was up for a more intense gaming experience. In the end Ellie's adventures took over and I felt shattered at the end of the game and reluctant to play anything else.

But eventually I got back into Sam's journey across America and it wasn't too long before I was engrossed in that as I had been in the world of The Last of Us. Special games, quite unique and a world away from most other AAA titles.

Oh and if you're interested I'd give both Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War a 9/10 and Spider-Man an 8, as far as 'exclusives'' go. Just to keep things varied I also played Persona 5 during most of March and April and this game blew away. It was the start of lockdown so I became obsessed with it and played it for 3-4 hours straight, something I rarely do with any game. This too I'd give a perfect 10.

I haven't played either Final Fantasy VII not Ghost of Tsushima but plan to and I'm sure I'll enjoy them both as well.

PlayStation is the best platform for me simply because it gives me what I want: great single player games.

Col_McCafferty

colonelkilgore

@Col_McCafferty

Lol, completely forgot about Spider-man but yeah an 8 sounds about right. God of War on the other hand just blew my ****ing doors off! It and Bloodborne are just the epitome of why I game, and I rate both as 10’s (11’s if I could).

So, I ‘tried’ Persona 5 (the un-royal edition) but no matter how hard I try, I just can’t sync with turn-based combat. I completed the first castle/palace/dungeon and fell off pretty soon after. That is not to say that the narrative and style didn’t appeal though.

Speaking of my aversion to turn-based combat, this year I played both FFXV and FFVIIR (my first ever experiences of FF... I was a bit more willing once I heard that the action was now real-time) and strangely hated XV initially but ended up really enjoying it and loving VIIR at first but by the end of the second play through on hard, I couldn’t wait to see them back of it. I will play VIIR part 2 though, I was just really burned out after that second play through. Probably the hardest or second hardest platinum I have.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Arugula
Wow, the PS4 did get an absolute shed-load of exclusives didn’t it? I’ve only played 3 of the ones you mentioned (DG, Concrete Genie and FFVIIR) I do have all of the others in my backlog though (apart from Driveclub and KZ:S). Here’s to hoping that the trend continues with PS5, it’s looking good so far.

**** DLC!

SweetSummerShunv

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Well no worries as I can see why some people are put off by PC gaming. I myself am somewhat lazy to build rigs all by myself these days so I always end up paying someone to do it for me, and it's cheap in my country to do so anyway.

As for Forbidden West, I'm actually a little disappointed that the game is a crossgen title, since it means that it won't be nearly as a groundbreaking game as I'd hope it to be i.e. one that takes full advantages of the hardware prowess and innovations the PS5's got to offer over the PS4, still I look forward to playing it.

SweetSummerShunv

nessisonett

That’s me got every single platinum score in Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2, which was seriously tough. Getting over 2.5 million points in Skate Heaven was proper difficult but I managed to get a 1.4 million combo and then finish off the rest in a half-pipe. Have to say it was a really fun grind for each level though, it made me appreciate the level design that bit more. I managed to get a secret score in Chopper Drop which does mean that there’s another tier which unlocks an extremely cool deck for each level but I’m not sure I have it in me to get over 20 odd million in Warehouse!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

Yeah you're right in that it is a bit of a double edged sword unfortunately with Horizon Forbidden West being cross gen @SweetSummerShunv. Hopefully Guerilla manage to leverage the PS5 capabilities pretty well without making the PS4 version broken or anything.

Least there'll be Ratchet and Clank that'll be PS5 exclusive!

Considering how Insomniac has already used the PS5 pretty well for Miles and Spider-Man Remastered despite the former being cross gen and the later a tarted up port... We'll be in for a treat with Ratchet no doubt!

... All this Horizon talk has really made me want to replay Horizon: Zero Dawn myself to get ready for H:FW!

As for me and PS4 games I'm actually playing at the moment...

I've beaten the boss in the Ridge Of Frozen Souls and I'm facing off against the boss of the Ashen Cavern in Code Vein (Boy is he tough!)

I have to admit even at the £15 price point I really was umming and ahhing over whether to actually purchase this or not. Worried if I'd even get on with it after bouncing off Dark Souls Remastered a couple months back 😅

So I'm really quite surprised at how much I'm enjoying myself with it. I still hold the opinion that it's more of an action rpg and is more "Souls-Lite" then a "Souls-Like" with it being more forgiving overall (Though self imposed lvl 10 challenge is certainly making it more difficult).

But I'm enjoying the character beats and the story quite a bit too. The abilities are fun and despite the combat being a little less precise I'm enjoying the hell outta it.

In fact I think I might even go as far to say that, aside from Danganronpa 2 of course, this might be the best Japanese game I've honestly played this year (and I've certainly played a few!).

I wouldn't score it anything above an 8... But I'm just having a blast with it! 😄

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah, the combat’s strangely imprecise and I don’t really feel like I’m doing much damage even with the Zweihander but it definitely is a good time. Probably right about it not being above an 8 but it’s fun enough.

HallowMoonshadow

It's a bit sad how Bandai Namco seem to have not done all that much with it (I heard the dlc stuff isn't too great) despite it seemingly selling pretty well (A million copies or so I believe) @nessisonett yet they'll still keep pumping more and more characters into Jump force, One Piece and the billion Dragonball games they have 😅

I'm not doing a whole of damage just swinging my Assassin's Sickle +6 either... But using the combat gifts/skills does ramp the damage up quite a bit for me and especially using the roar spells

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah, the two handed gifts are pretty good but Yakumo seems to do three times as much damage as me and tank loads of hits and heal me when I die so I might be relying rather heavily on him 😅

HallowMoonshadow

Well... You could always try not using him (Or any partner) and see how you fair @nessisonett

SweetSummerShunv

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yes I very much hope that there'll be things that showcase the PS5's power other than just visuals too, but if it's made to run on the PS4 as well then I can't expect anything groundbreaking on the gameplay front like the new Ratchet and Clank's portal crossing, as this will essentially make PS4's version unplayable.

PS I'm glad that you've put Danganronpa 2 in such a high regard. I actually worked my way backwards with the series - started with V3 and played 2. Danganronpa 1's story's pretty much all but spoiled for me now so I may end up not bothering, or maybe I'll play it on mobile devices.

SweetSummerShunv

nessisonett

Finally finished off the cathedral and player’s memories in Code Vein and I’m now onto the snowy place. 3 bosses down, none particularly difficult but I’m quite enjoying using the Zweihander now.

FullMetalWesker

Finally caved in and bought both The Last of Us II and Resident Evil 3 Remake. Only played about 30 mins - 1 hour each so far, so I can't really say much yet on either, but based off my experience so far, I may have made the wrong decision to start Resi 3 on Hardcore difficulty 😅 (Also, wow do they throw Nemesis at you early!).

FullMetalWesker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic