Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,801 to 2,820 of 6,465

Kidfried

@Thrillho Yea, I wish someone had told me upfront that Act 5 was the shortest in the game.

Act 3 has some great moments, but the second remains my favorite. The woods and the museum of dwellings are my favorite locations in the game.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Thrillho What was your favourite moment from the third Act, might I ask? Cleared it and its interlude earlier today, and was surprised by how much longer it was than the previous two.

Thanks for the warning about Act IV, which will constitute tomorrow's session!

@Kidfried Must admit, the Museum of Dwellings took me by surprise. It was one of the first locations in the game where the way it presented itself didn't quickly click. By the time I was up on the roof, however, I was totally in love with the place. Everything from then onwards was superb.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@RogerRoger There's a lot in that game that you realize is really really cool only after the fact, haha. Museum of Dwellings is one of those places.

But there's also these other moments that are totally cool in the moment

like walking through the woods with the musicians (spoiler act 2)

and the Twin Peaks inspired performance (spoiler act 3).

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Thrillho

@RogerRoger If you have to ask, then it obviously wasn’t such a special moment for you!

It was the song Junebug and Johnny play in the bar.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho In all seriousness, I thought it would be that, but didn't wanna presume. We are also on a gaming forum, so I wondered whether the old XANADU text adventure game held any special meaning or significance. I could understand people going nuts for that, too!

But yeah, as @Kidfried also notes, the performance at the bar was pretty magical (and that's me saying that, somebody who usually hates that type of music). To be honest, I could just do laps of the Zero all day. There's something really compelling about its sound design which instantly puts me at ease, even though it's essentially just different types of white noise.

I also spent far, far too long on the phone to the Bureau of Secret Tourism, even after I realised that I could just hang up and leave anytime. I got a lot of really useful advice about what to do if I ever find myself holding an aggressive-looking snake.

Well, weird person likes weird game, I guess. More at eleven!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Yes, Xanadu is pretty weird but I think I found it a bit frustrating to be honest.

So much happens in Act 3 though on hindsight and it is the point where things get especially weird. Act 4 is really interesting but, as I said, a huge one but also one that warrants a second play (which I haven’t done yet) with how it works.

Thrillho

Bentleyma

I'm waiting for Trails of Cold Steel IV to come out on Tuesday, so I'm playing through Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier to unlock more trophies. Just fancied something quick and simple before I start a massive 100 hour JRPG!

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Th3solution

Having just finished DOOM and getting ready to start Resi Evil 2 for Halloween, I wanted a short break from the macabre to cleanse the proverbial PS4 palate. So I loaded up Valiant Hearts (thanks to @Kidfried for the recent nudge) and its right along the lines of what I was looking for. Light and simplistic, yet a somewhat somber tone, it scratches my itch for historically based narrative. I’m really loving the extra nuggets of historical text and actual photos from the locations and events taking place in the game. (And yes, it is ironic that I’m enjoying reading these because I was just going off on another thread about how I never waste time reading supplemental information in games 😅)

Anyways, it’s a nice little game so far, and looks easy to drop in and out of as I get myself prepped for another round of horror in the days to come.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jaz007

I just started up Divinity: Original Sin 2. so far the game is excellent. Certain things like the pickpocketing/sneaking seem a little funny in how they work, but generally speaking, the freedom and writing of the game is excellent. I just found a way to escape fort Joy and there were many others available. It all happened pretty naturally and so far the writing is quite good. The combat is also pretty good and actually how D&D combat works as opposed to the pure awfulness that is OG Baldur's Gate and KOTOR "D&D" combat which is not how those systems were ever meant to play, even remotely.
I do wish the game didn't use permadeath the way it did. I get that it supposed to provide some challenge and consequences, but when there are only 6 possible companions and it just causes reloads, it starts to feel a little stiff and that just affects the game's flow weirdly.
Also, I hate it when something pops for a companion and it has me choose what they so or do. They are not my character and I detest making choices for them when they are their own person. The point of D&D to me is role-playing one character and working with what other's do, which is why I like it when they ask to take the lead and you can allow or refuse it, even though the lack of asking what they'll do is a bit weird.
But overall stellar game so far and makes me excited for Baldur's Gate 3. I think that'll be a great game to get when it launches on my PS5 now. Funny how this studio is basically replacing BioWare at this point.

Jaz007

Black_Swordsman

Currently playing Octodad: Dadliest Catch, upon @Shigurui 's recommendation, the controls take some getting used to and I initially found the game a bit disorientating, but now that I am used to them I am loving the game, the boss fights are excellent and it's all good weird and wacky fun. The trophies are all about obscure to get and not really story-related so I might have to look into how to get them.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2 is absolutely fantastic. A brilliant remake that marries new and lovely graphics with the classic gameplay. It’s heaps of fun and the challenge system is a great idea.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

I'm playing Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition. With all the apparent Souls influence I felt the need to get around to it sooner or later. I just made it to the first "bonfire" and left it there, I'll pick it up again later today. Seems pleasant and charming so far. A relaxing pastime.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

MaulTsir

I've just completed Final Fantasy XV, 45 hours and I really enjoyed it despite some of the negative reviews I've seen about it the story was decent the most annoying part of the game was the bromance between the characters was a bit corny at times. Just starting Nier automata hoping for good things with this one.

MaulTsir

phil_j

Platinuming my way through the Uncharted collection. Onto the third and final one. It is the most unbalanced on crushing of the 3. There are way too many bullet sponge enemies. And I've not even had any supernatural things turn up yet; I hope they don't for a change...

phil_j

HallowMoonshadow

Nexomon: Extinction is mainly what I've been playing the past few weeks whilst I was away.

Really been enjoying it personally. A little rough round the edges at times (Given it being 2020 and it's the developers first console game I'm willing to mostly let that slide)

The story has been quite surprising to be honest in that I never quite know what's going to happen next for the most part compared to it's rsther obvious influence and the boss fight really are quite challenging at times!!! 😅

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

The enemy/tamer level does scale... but only as you progress in the main story/questline @Bentleyma- as from my own experience at the beginning as I was building up my team I did end up a little overleveled and it took advancing the main plot to get them all to bump up.

You're able to rebattle tamers you've already beaten too as soon as (Well after a little cooldown period of course).

It'd still probably be a little more challenging then Pokémon as they do bump up enemy stats for boss/key fights along the way that does make you use your entire party (Well at least for me who's been a little lower then the intended level since). You can also make cores after a certain point that are equippable to your Nexomon (with 4 open slots each) to boost their stats.

Since the review that was posted here on Pushsquare they toned down the difficulty a little from my understanding and also added in these special crystals you can activate in the areas/routes that instantly heal your party. They're more frequent at the start of the game and become a little more sparse as you go on. They regenerate after some time though so you can use them as needed.

They're apparently adding a new game plus to it as well at some point and even a hardcore mode for free if I saw correctly?

Sorry for the wall of text 😅

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

I realised Metro Exodus only has a month left on Now so I’d better get a move on. It’s really quite cool so far, a proper step up from the previous games. Shooting is weighty, the environments are open and it even has a great photo mode! Plus it has a radio with music, including Kino so I’m proper geeking out.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I really enjoyed it. I didn't like the first open world area as I found it a slog to get anywhere. All the other areas I liked though and it felt really immersive. They were a few bugs and glitches along the way, but nothing game breaking. Also had to follow a guide to save everyone as it is not made entirely clear how you go about this, and you could easily accidentally kill someone and fudge it all up.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic