Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,821 to 2,840 of 6,458

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, the first area feels like I’ve been dropped into a big open space without too much guidance but I personally quite like that. The main problem is the load times which are abominable. Other than that, I’m really surprised at how well the mechanics of the first two games have translated to an open, outdoors setting.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@Arugula The bugs must have been properly worked on in Metro, other than the aforementioned terrible loading times, I’ve encountered just the one bug. Even that was an exact copy of the same one I encountered in DOOM, if you melee an enemy close enough to certain walls then you’ll clip through it and get stuck. Currently in the big factory in the lake and should be getting close to finishing it. Got to say, this is the closest I’ve felt to a proper STALKER sequel and the crafting mechanics work perfectly within the setting. We never really get to interact with the Spartans in the first two either so it’s good to see some proper camaraderie. Overall I’m feeling really quite positive about the game so far but I’ll let you know if I find any issues with bugs!

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula @nessisonett The only bugs i encountered was when driving the vehicle in the second open world area, Caspian, after opening the map and closing it again the fov shrinks. Felt like you're looking through a letter box. And then whenever I tried putting subtitles on it got stuck on the same two lines of dialogue. The game may have crashed a couple of times or I may have got stuck in the scenery, but I can't quite remember.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Onto Caspian now in Metro Exodus. They finally dropped the other shoe and I genuinely think this is turning out to be the best game in the series yet. Yeah, the load times are a bloody nightmare and there’s the odd floating ushanka but the majority of bugs seem to be ironed out. The atmosphere is incredible as always and the photo mode is very welcome as the scenery is probably the best looking on PS4. It’s absolutely stunning.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett You've still got a ways to go yet, think another 2 open world areas left. What did you make of the cannibal set level? I really liked it and how it broke up the gameplay a bit. I think caspian was when the game finally clicked for me, I loved bouncing around in the little vehicle. There is a very good Game Makers Toolkit (which are all generally excellent anyway) video on YouTube which I can reccomend one you have finished.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, the cannibal level was where it clicked for me. Everything was all well and good and then everything really wasn’t and they showed it really was a Metro game at heart. It was cool that it was the exact layout of D6 from the first two games as well. The guns feel amazing to use but I mostly sneak so it was good to actually get some gunplay in that chapter even if I used most of my bullets. Caspian’s really interesting too, it’s like Mad Max. It’s so far removed from the rest of the series yet doesn’t feel out of place. I love the interludes between levels too, I spent about an hour just wandering the train and listening to everyone’s conversations. It really added to my enjoyment of the game having so many lines of dialogue about what everyone was feeling about the journey and just the little things like one of the Rangers playing a guitar duet with me. It’s got something special, this game, and I doubt the wheels are going to fall off after a somewhat slow start.

LieutenantFatman

I'm halfway through chapter 6 on Death Stranding, the more I play this, the more I enjoy it. I thought maybe dealing with the mountains might be a bit of a slog but it turns out with all the toys they give you, it's just sheer joy getting around the terrain and setting things up.

Also, I picked up some very expensive headphones the other day. I plug them into the controller for this game, and it really is wonderful.

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah the bit on the train were a nice change of pace. Would spend a bit reading the new entries in the journal.

MaulTsir

Nier automata, I'm on my first playthrough (I've read you have to do 3 to fully experience the whole story) and I've just headed in to the machine village after a visit to the opera. So far so good

MaulTsir

ralphdibny

Has anyone played The Talos Principle? I'm playing it right now as it is leaving game pass soon and it is so good.

I love the original Portal so anything similar (first person puzzle platformer) is always on my radar but I never usually get around to playing them. Im glad the Talos Principle leaving game pass though because it finally gave me a kick up the bum to play it.

I've been going through and doing every single puzzle and getting every single star. I only had to look one star up so far because it's solution is so obtuse and outside the "rules" of the game (even outside of the rule breaking rules that some of the stars/puzzles require). It required scanning a QR code on your phone and converting the hexadecimal values that came up to ASCII and using the numbers from a date in the message to choose what numbered pillars to press buttons on in the game. Don't let that put you off playing it though as that's the only puzzle I've come across that can't be completed inside the game itself. Normally it's just portal style puzzles with different gadgets (no portal guns).

I sort of just want to do all the puzzles in the game but the kind of lore, music and occasional V.O. is really freaky. Even if you can work out what's going on, it's just the way it's presented really freaks me out in an exciting way. A bit scary really!

It seemed like there was multiple endings so I did look up whether you can carry on playing after getting an ending but there's kind of an order to do them in to be able to see them all. I looked it up because I didn't want to be in a position where I had to play the whole game again or miss out on an ending as it is leaving game pass.

Also the game is stuffed with Easter eggs, like to the brim. If you do a bit of exploring, it can reward you with pointless/scary/interesting bits of dialogue/animations/scenes. It's so odd to see that many hard to reach Easter eggs in a game. It reminds me of trying to find the alien planet in Microsoft Excel when I was younger.

See ya!

Th3solution

I’ve still been gradually making my way through Valiant Hearts and it’s fairly nice little game. The puzzles and gameplay are moderately entertaining, but the best part is the charming presentation and characters. The dog is fantastic and the mechanics to use him or her to solve puzzles is great.

I’m in Chapter 3 (I think there are 4 chapters total) and so I still have a ways to go. I do think the puzzles are getting more complex, but not anything too difficult yet.

I am more curious about WWI now, previously thinking it to be the less interesting of the two world wars, but I feel like playing this will spurn a little deeper dive into the history. I have “They Shall Not Grow Old” on my watchlist from previous discussions on the Movie Thread and now I’m moving it up closer to the top.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution I played Valiant Hearts a few years ago and it is really well done. The artwork is brilliant and it's clever to look at the story from different angles. It also helps that the puzzles and gameplay are interesting too.

Thrillho

Gremio108

I'm sure most people on here are already aware, but Hollow Knight is something special. Looking forward to playing some more of this one.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

nessisonett

@Gremio108 I’m so annoyed that it’s on Plus literally a month after we played it with Game Club. I own it 4 times now 😂😂

mookysam

I bought it specifically for Game Club, but had a blast with it so am perfectly happy. It’s tremendous.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Gremio108

@nessisonett I must admit, I was feeling a little left out while you guys were playing it, and I nearly bought it. Quite glad I didn't now...

Gremio108

@Thrillho Cheers. Early signs are good, let's put it that way!

Leonhart

Right now, I'm currently playing the Mafia 1 Remake on Classic for the platinum. Keep in mind that I'm on the race ahahaha

Leonhart

redd214

Playing NFS Hot Pursuit Remastered. It's clunky, archaic in some ways, and definitely shows its age but damn it's so fun to play!!!

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic