Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,181 to 2,200 of 6,463

belmont

It was finally time: I got all 3 Trails of Cold Steel in PS4 and I began... I beat the 1st game and started the 2nd.

belmont

carlos82

@kyleforrester87 the last thing I did today was find 3 white cats, then went home to find my accommodation was in PS2 land
Untitled
Untitled
We're a long way from the PS1 glory days

Edited on by carlos82

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

nessisonett

@carlos82 By the way, that door isn’t a bug, it just looks that low-res. I also did a double take when I saw it for the first time. Just wait until you get to a certain NPC just outside that sector, their mouth makes literally no sense when you hear the noises coming out of it!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

carlos82

@nessisonett I don't suppose it helps that I've just come from a game who paid 3 people to animate a rope to a game that couldn't even be bothered to paint a door 😅

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Ralizah

@carlos82 I loved FFVIIR quite a bit, but there's a lot of sloppiness in the backgrounds. Late in the game, there's a big moment where you're looking out over a section of Midgar, and it's literally a super low-res JPEG or something. It looked like a backdrop from the PS1 game.

Also, Aerith's flowers in the garden near her house are really, really bad. The models look like something out of a PS2 game.

And I'm not generally a person bothered by budget-y shortcuts in video games.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

I'm playing the greatest western game there is on PS4...

... The PS2 classic of Wild Arms 3 of course 😆

Seeing as we'll be doing Bloodstained in the game club next week I thought this would be a good counter game to (potentially) play on the side.

I mean western themed JRPG is without a doubt the opposing side to a Gothic metroidvania right?

I did get about halfway through it (I think?) before but I'm starting again from the very beginning as I don't remember anything about it really.

I quite like the opening's set up (Even if it was a little surprising the first time around) of it ending on a potential shoot out before giving you a character selection screen and allowing you to choose the order of which character's backstory you'd like to play first.

It's a neat little way to get a feel for how each character plays so that (surprise) when you do get them all joining forces at the end of the opening, you already sort've know the role they'll play in the party.

I'll probably only get through Virginia's backstory tonight, maybe start the second... Might go for Clive whom actually has the hardest one thanks to him getting poisoned or something and a two part boss fight if I recall correctly!

Kinda forgot there's a fair bit of whilstling in the soundtrack as well that definitely gives it a unique soundtrack

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Never played a game in this series before, but I have to say, I absolutely love old Playstation JRPGs with really corny vocal tracks.

I also quite like the song that apparently plays at the end of the game.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Oh it's completely corny and I quite like it myself @Ralizah!

It's my first Wild Arms game. I got it for like £3.29 or something when it was on sale (alongside Dark Cloud and Ape Escape 2 which were also cheap as chips).

There's about 7 or 8 different variations of the intro as it swaps new scenes in the further you progress in the story.

I don't think that first version of the intro you posted shows up til you've actually played through the "opening" segment of all 4 character backstories.

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

Here's two more tracks for ya @crimsontadpoles

This is the main random battle theme called Gunmetal Action

and they aren't actually in it til a decent way in the game but here's the Schrödinger family theme.

They're a bunch of drifters whom cross paths with the party a number of times. Can't specifically recall why though. I think I met them twice or so?

I might put up a few screenshots of the game in the next few days in the screenshot thread as well

HallowMoonshadow

What a weird little coincedence that is @kyleforrester87 😅

I'll be doing the same as your friend it seems... Especially as I don't own a copy of FF9 in any form

Though I would to give it a try eventually!

-EDIT-

And you're welcome @crimsontadpoles 😊

It's definitely quite unique compared to the typical soundtracks you usually hear in JRPG's that's for sure!

nessisonett

In the final stretch of Dark Souls 2, just got Burnt Ivory King, Sir Alonne and Nashandra/Aldia left. Anyone know if it’s possible to beat the final boss but hold off on NG+? I seem to remember starting NG+ in Majula instead of it being automatic but I want to save Sir Alonne for last.

nessisonett

Well that’s Burnt Ivory King, Nashandra and Aldia down. Almost disappointingly, I beat Nash and Aldia without dying, in a row. It’s such a disappointing final boss compared to Gwyn. I know you can just parry Gwyn but Nashandra literally just does a feeble little swipe at you and my Blacksteel Katana made quick work of her. Aldia is a bit disappointing too, I didn’t even get hit. You just poke him, walk away, avoid a fire attack, repeat. Just Sir Alonne and then I can finally be truly done with this trilogy. Yes, I beat Darklurker, even the super secret bosses have fallen to my sword!

nessisonett

And with that, the trilogy is complete.

Untitled
Untitled

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett Congratulations dude, you must feel really proud of yourself. Sir Alonne's head is finally yours!
Since I couldn't be there with you, just imagine I left a message for you near his corpse saying "Be wary of a swollen head".

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

I'm currently playing God Of War (2018) .Does New Game Plus add much besides Zeus Armor? I am currently in Tyr's secret vault, the second one you encounter later in the game.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic