Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 781 to 800 of 5,746

KALofKRYPTON

@Ralizah I think I managed to breeze through a lot of it. My trophy completion ended with the challenge rooms as I recall.

Really enjoyed it and Second Son.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

JohnnyShoulder

@KALofKRYPTON @Ralizah I have fond memories of Infamous Second Son as it was my first ps4 game (and Infamous too). Apart from one or two boss fights sucking, I loved every minute of it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

Completing Shenua last night gave me my 4000th trophy overall! The game is pretty generous with giving out golds but I'm gutted I must have missed one of the lore stones to not get the platinum.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Thrillho Yeah, that’s the most annoying thing about the game’s trophy system — there is no chapter select or way to do multiple saves to backtrack for any missed lorestones. You have to play the full game again to get any that you missed. There are only a couple that are out of the way, but all it takes is one and you miss that trophy.
So what did you think of the game as a whole? I hope I didn’t oversell it a couple weeks ago and that you liked it as much as I did.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Ralizah Awesome. I look forward to seeing a Rali review on it. I hope you found First Light worth your while.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Splat

Does anyone have Far Cry New Dawn? I need help with the co-op trophy.

It has to be someone on my friends list. My user name is Splathew.

Please say you are from PS I don't accept blank friend requests.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Splat

Platinum #58 Far Cry New Dawn

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Gremio108

The Sekiro platinum is done. I had to work for it, all the way to the end.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to play next, to be honest.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

@Gremio108 Congrats on the Sekiro platinum. How does the platinum difficulty compare to the other From titles?

And for your next game, depending what you have in your backlog, probably something not quite as intense. Unless you’re still working on the Knacks. You’ve got several nice PS Plus games to choose from of late— Sniper Elite, Arkham Knight, Detroit, Darksiders 3, ... you don’t have to subject yourself to the flagellation of FromSoft and Knack. 😉

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Well done man. I get that when I finished an intense game like Sekiro. I usually play a few games until I can find something I that clicks with me again.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Gremio108

@Th3solution @JohnnyShoulder Cheers guys. I think I'll probably play bits and pieces for a week or so. A bit of Wipeout here and there, stuff like that. Going through the PS Plus backlog is a very good idea. And there's also Borderlands 2/Pre-Sequel/3 to go at. The thing about the Knacks is that I'm playing them co-op with the kids, and they're back to school this week. I don't think they'd be very happy if I carried on without them!

As for the platinum difficulty, it's a weird one because in New Game+ I had problems with the bosses that I found easy in my first playthrough and vice versa. As usual with Soulsbornes, if you can complete the game once then you can get the platinum, it just takes a bit of patience.

@JohnnyShoulder cheers for the advice along the way!

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 No worries, I'd be interested to hear what bosses gave you jip this time round, and your thoughts on the alternative ending/boss fight.

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder Blazing Bull and Genichiro gave me huge jip, although I wasn't massively great at Blazing Bull the first time around. Genichiro was Jip City in New Game+. With him, I somehow got past his final phase first time originally. Without realising it, I hit him constantly so that he couldn't do his lighting attack. As a result, I hadn't spent any time learning the pattern, and in NG+ I had to basically learn that final phase like it was a brand new fight. It was horrific.

On the other hand I spanked NG+ Daddy Owl good and proper on the rooftop. I didn't bother with the Hirata Estate fight, I'm not insane. The only problem after that was the True Corrupted Monk with her three frigging phases, but once she bit the dust it was plain sailing after that. My main advice would be to grab as many Carp Scales as you can so you can afford the Lapis Lazuli off the Pot Noble.

I did accidentally make myself fight the damn dirty double ape fight again because I killed the Guardian Ape too early. That wasn't pleasant and it could have been avoided. If you're doing another playthrough, don't kill the Guardian Ape until you've been through his burrow!

As for the 'Shura' ending, that was very good, but also bleak and slightly depressing. I thought all the endings were generally pretty good in this one. Usually they're pretty similar in Dark Souls, but I enjoyed watching them here.

Fighting Emma just felt plain wrong, even more so because I kicked her ass so completely. Flaming Old Man Isshin was quite tricky, but nothing compared to the Sword Saint Last Boss Edition. The biggest problem was that I didn't have a massive meadow to run around in like a coward. Overall I'd definitely say that Genichiro was the biggest hurdle for me in New Game Plus

Edited on by Gremio108

Gremio108

Yeah not sure why my spoiler tags haven't worked there. People who haven't played Sekiro yet - DON'T LOOK AT WHAT I JUST SAID

Ralizah

@Gremio108 You need a set of spoiler tags for each paragraph.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Gremio108

@Ralizah Cheers, you learn something every day. I've just edited the comment to put them all in and now the word 'spoiler' has lost all meaning.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic