Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 681 to 700 of 5,748

themcnoisy

@Thrillho I can't finish one shot one kill. It's a total nightmare. I've tried a few techniques now and get caught out every time.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Thrillho

@themcnoisy I don’t know what MW is like, but the hardest thing with WaW is that enemies would continuously spawn so you couldn’t hide in cover, clear out everyone, and then push on; you had to find the right moment to run forwards which invariably wasn’t the right moment..

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

themcnoisy

@Thrillho yup. Same in MW during this level. It's a badly designed level for a few reasons which hampers you.

Thrillho

@themcnoisy The ones I remember in particular from WaW were one where you had to use smoke grenades tactically to cover yourself from pillboxes which were definitely one-hit kills, and then storming the Reichstag in the last level as enemies just kept coming for you.

Thrillho

redd214

Got my 71st platinum and it was the same game as my very 1st! Replayed the original Borderlands and had a blast with it. Working thru all the dlc and how to have it at 100% by the weekend.

redd214

themcnoisy

@johncalmc how many plats is that now John?

@redd214 great going. I love collecting Trophies, sat on 37 plats for this gen (was on x360 last gen) but can't commit to Platinizing the likes of Borderlands. That's commitment for you. I'm hoping to tap out at 40 this year which would be a huge achievement.

JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy wrote:

I love collecting Trophies

@themcnoisy Understatement of the bloomin decade lol. 😂

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@themcnoisy Lol. “Platinizing”
The gaming lexicon is hereby expanded. Nice word.
I’ve been saying “platinuming” or “platinum’d” but I like the ring of “to platinize” better. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KALofKRYPTON

@themcnoisy I have 9 plat's hahaha

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

redd214

@themcnoisy yeah played all the BL games for hundreds of hours so really know how to streamline them to be most efficient. Only took about 30 or so hours this time.

And congrats on creating a new term lol 😜

Edited on by redd214

redd214

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder did you ever get the Pes 19 plat Johnny?

@Th3solution @redd214 I have been using it for a while. Platinumed sounds a bit crap. Platinized is way better.

We invented the term spot save a few years ago funnily enough. Everyone uses the term quick save but spot save is a better description of the term. It's saves the spot where you are. Sometimes it's not even quicker so spot save is by far superior.

@KALofKRYPTON 9 is great. I've gone ott at times. Moving away from achievements on x360 was quite liberating 5 years ago. I had a huge gamerscore with 44 x 1000g games. But I was also punishing myself with trying to keep my % of Trophies completed to over 67% No idea why mind and was a stupid thing to do. I stuck with a lot of rubbish games back then.

Now if I dislike a game I'm happy to have one bronze trophy I'm not bothered at all.

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy No mate. Only ever played my club and have now stopped playing it for good.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder how come? I played Pes 18 for a good 6 months last year. When 19 arrived I was too invested in my previous my club team which I accrued with no micros and hated having to give them up.

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy I've been playing since it released last September so have had a good stint playing it. I dropped it when Sekiro came along and don't really feel like playing it again.

themcnoisy

Platinum 38. Celeste.

Really good game. I wouldn't consider it goty material though.

Now I'm making haste with mlb the show 18. I got 2 gold Trophies in my first match up waiting for the game to properly download. Woop woop.

KALofKRYPTON

There are just two trophies I'm really interested in in Elite: Dangerous so far. They are 'Home, sweet home' and 'Centre of the Galaxy' - awarded for visiting the Sol system and Sagittarius A respectively.

Solely interested because I really want to tour our solar system and have a look at Sagittarius A, which is about 30,000 light years away from where I am at the moment

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

themcnoisy

@KALofKRYPTON how is it on Ps4?

I've visited our Solar system in Elite on the PC. Its okay, strangely I cared less for our Solar system and more for LHS 4774 where you start out.

I had a better time on a few tours. Fire ring nebula and hind nebula stand out.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic