Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 5,181 to 5,200 of 5,748

colonelkilgore

No platinum trophy for Wahammer 40k: Boltgun… what the literal ****!?!?

**** DLC!

CaptD

@colonelkilgore Same with Cosmodread, crazy devs what are they thinking.

@sorteddan @Thrillho I've played all the Ratchet games, even All for One and I think Crack in Time is my favourite but I really liked the set pieces in the latest and rail grinding is my favourite pasttime so the latest Ratchet is up there as one of the best for me.

CaptD

RogerRoger

@CaptD Congratulations on that Rift Apart platinum! Nice to know it'll be obtainable when I finally get around to playing it, as is my intention someday.

@johncalmc Impressive, nicely done! I'm in awe of anybody who can platinum a FromSoft game!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Bundersvessel

@CaptD @johncalmc Congratulations both on your recent plats, two exclusive I have on my slate and excited for both 👍.

While I’ve been slacking, my eldest son at 7 years old just earned their very first plat, #1 Marvel Spider-Man I have clearly created a monster here but I can’t say I’m not extremely proud of little Coop 👍 he’s also a 100 combo trophy away from the Miles Morales plat!

Cornaboyzzz

@johncalmc Congrats ! That's a nice one.

@AgentCooper heeey congrats to the young trophy hunter ! Probably the first of many

#354 Ghostwire : Tokyo - This could've been called Collectible : Tokyo to be honest, there are literally THOUSANDS of collectibles, this is just insane. Lots of pros and cons on this one, the story and characters are uninteresting, the campaign was meh, but at the same time, navigating through the city felt great, and combat is very cool. So yeah, a bit mitigated. An interesting game all in all.

Cornaboyzzz

CaptD

@AgentCooper Congrats to Trainee Cooper.
@Cornaboyzzz Good job on Ghostwire, I'm playing that ATM on and off and I'm really not sure at the moment...I don't like to give up on games but PS+ Extra makes it so easy.

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@AgentCooper much congrats to lil’ Cooper, amazing stuff from the youngster!

Much congrats to @Cornaboyzzz too, sounds like a bit of a mixed bag for you but you got the shiny and will hopefully find something more to your taste got #355.

**** DLC!

Kidfried

@AgentCooper Congratulions. Your child must have been ecstatic!

Untitled

So how long until they get an account here? Or does an account pass on from parent to child?

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@AgentCooper Huge congratulations to Lil' Coop for his first platinum!

Untitled

That GIF is for you. This screenshot is for him!

Untitled

With a great platinum comes great responsibility, though, so here's hoping he can make it a double with Miles before too long! And then maybe a triple later this year...?

@Cornaboyzzz Excellent work on your Ghostwire: Tokyo platinum, especially considering the sheer number of collectibles it tested your patience with! Not sure I'd have the fortitude for thousands!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KilloWertz

Out of my 12 platinums, which is a small amount compared to most, 9 of them are of the cheap "buy a platinum" variety. That was roughly a year ago when I thought it would be a good idea to buy cheap platinums (I only had 1 at the time) with those $1.49 shovelware games that flooded PSN for a period. When going through my trophy list from time to time I see the group of 9 all together and it almost feels like they are a stain on my trophy list. Likely an overreaction, but I do kind of wish I didn't bother getting those 9 cheap platinums. A platinum is a platinum no matter how you got it I suppose.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

CaptD

@KilloWertz I have quite a few platinums but then again my collection date back to when they started (my first one is Uncharted 1 in 2008 I think) so I've never felt the need to "catch up".
I did do a couple of autopop platinums and they didn't really sit right with me so I refuse to do them now but I do sometimes replay a game simply because I enjoyed the game And earning another platinum is a cherry on the top (and definitely not a "freebie").
Each to their own at the end of the day so it's whatever really but I do read the "latest platinum" thread on psnprofiles, mainly because I like to see what people thought of a game etc.. and there is one person which posts these minute platinums and multiple regional stacks of them and you wonder why they bother but then it does wind people up over on psnprofiles so perhaps that is it.

I'm surprised Sony hasn't clamped down on them and on the flip side it is quite of annoying to see £20+ games lacking a platinum, quite a few PSVR titles fall in this category, I even have a VR game which is 200hr 10/10 difficulty and it lacks one (I read a Reddit post from the developer and he said post launch that he would try to add one and I thought "I'm sure Sony won't be allowing that").

CaptD

KilloWertz

@CaptD I was on the PS3 whenever trophies debuted as well. I just never really cared to go out of my way to get a platinum, which is why I only had 1 for over a decade. I'm not sure why I decided one day last year to start getting these $1.49 vaporware platinums.

I definitely will never buy any of those "games" again just to get platinums. As I said earlier, it bothered me seeing them on my trophy list as it almost felt like I tainted my account, but obviously there's nothing I can do about it now.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Fight_Teza_Fight

@CaptD @AgentCooper @colonelkilgore Hey fellas. I’ve dropped the Far Cry 5 platinum attempt. Tried to get on with the game, but it’s seriously just grinding my gears at this point.
Thought about dropping it entirely over the weekend as I was doing the Jacob missions (not fun! who thought that was a good idea?).

Triggered Faith mission by accident by fast travelling. So I just want to get this over it at this point.

I have such a love-hate relationship with Ubi games & takes a while before I remember why these games always end up burning me out😅. Same thing happened with Origins. Loved it for 20 hours or so then lost me.
Going to focus on the DQXI platinum.

Also definitely up for doing some boosting in the future👍.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic