Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 3,401 to 3,420 of 5,748

WCB

@RogerRoger ah always nice to kick back with breezy trophy list. Congrats!

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

render

@RogerRoger Nice work, always good when you don't have to 100% everything for the big trophy 😀

render

MaulTsir

@RogerRoger congrats! 64th! Getting in them high numbers for the plats now mate, your hanging dangerously close to veteran numbers 🤣

MaulTsir

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore @sorteddan @WCB @render @ThereThere @MaulTsir Good grief, folks! This feels like a heck of a lot of praise for a PEGI 3 / E for Everyone platinum!! My thanks all the same!

And yes, many a big Z got carved into many a chest. And many a butt.

Looks like I've got my next two platinums lined up, as both Sonic Origins and Syphon Filter come with what appear to be very obtainable trophy lists, so with a little luck I'll be edging ever closer to the big seven-oh this weekend. Hope you're all having fun working on your next milestones!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

Platinum #92 - Life is Strange - never really been a fan of these story-based telltale-esque kinda games but I’m feeling a bit rough atm (think I have covid). So I was looking for something unfinished on my trophy list that wouldn’t be too intense. This fit the bill quite nicely 😁

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Blimey, you're even earning plats on your sickbed...?!

In all seriousness, sterling effort. I hope you're feeling much better soon, and that the symptoms aren't too severe in the meantime!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

render

@colonelkilgore There goes another one, well done! Did you even spend a day doing that one? 😃

Btw, I started Sekiro last night and boy is it a good game. I didn't get too far in but I can already tell I'm going to enjoy it, and it's most definitely a game that's going to take me a while to get through 😅

Hope it's not covid but either way hope you feel better soon bud 👍

Edited on by render

render

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger @render cheers guys… for the congrats and the best wishes.

@render it took most of yesterday (though it probably wasn’t as intense an all-day sesh as is normal) and this morning. I was surprised by how much I actually enjoyed it… not sure if that is down to its quality or my situation but I’ll be looking forward to playing the rest of the series at some point. Was a pretty interesting story.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@render also, really glad to hear that your taking to Sekiro… that really is an unfinished list that I have to return to myself. Maybe once I’m over this virus, enjoy dude.

**** DLC!

WCB

Damn @colonelkilgore you're really racing through plats! No. 100 won't be long now. Congrats!

colonelkilgore

Thanks @WCB tbh mate, I may well have to slow down as I’ve been set on God of War: Ragnarok being 100 for ages. Just waiting on news of a release date so that I can make it happen. Might have to play a few longish games when I get into the high 90’s.

Cheers @ThereThere 👍

**** DLC!

Th3solution

I’m nearing the end of Kena Bridge of Spirits and despite having a wonderful time, I’m perturbed at the large gatekeeping for the platinum. By the end of my next session with the game I should finish with all the trophies minus the Master difficulty playthrough trophy. Screw that. No way am I going to be able to get that final trophy, nor would I want to spoil my fond memories of the game in pursuit of it. Even finding all the rot and collectibles has been very pleasant, all aided by the map which helps out. But I’m not planning to take on these bosses in Master difficulty. Kudos to the 2.3% who’ve done it.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
I think I may have used every way I can think of to say congratulations to you so....
You da Man.

Also hoping you can kick the illness with no lasting or major issues.

@Th3solution
Fully understand and agree with your sentiments. I would like to platinum all the games I play but if the trophy list is one I know will get me down for whatever reason or will make me play a game I no longer want to then I have to call it and accept that, to me, it's not worth the struggle. I'd rather move on to something I may enjoy as that is, I think, the reason I'm a gamer.

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

Thanks @sorteddan… and… no, you da man! You been earning plats like me on roids this year! 😉

@JudgeDredd 😅… I do have a few long plats in mind, though I am trying to clean up my trophy list by going back to games I had played for a bit and moved on before finishing atm. Witcher 3 is an option in that regard.

@Th3solution yeah, although I’m yet to play Kena I’ve heard all about the master difficulty and I don’t blame you at all. It’ll only be after I’ve eventually played the game through on normal that I’ll be able to make a decision on whether to go for it or not too.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore You might not feel as intimidated by Kena’s platinum as I, given your Souls experience and talents at grabbing difficult plats. The game’s not terribly long, especially on a second run if you’ve got all the collectibles. Maybe would take about 8 hours if you don’t run into any hang-ups and remember where you’re supposed to go next. But there’s definitely bosses that would probably take 20 tries and could stall the playthrough. It’ll hardly be your most difficult platinum though. But for me it’s a stretch. I think part of the frustration I feel is that the game looks so cute and kid friendly, but it’s bosses are contrastingly fierce and don’t quite fit the aesthetic. Great fun though. Highly recommend.

Like @ThereThere says, I might just keep it on the drive for a while just in case I feel the urge to try the second run. First I have to complete it though, and I’m trying to savor the final sequence before I call it a wrap.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@Th3solution The odd design choice for Kena is not being able to do the hard mode as NG+ so you lose everything you gain from getting all the collectibles etc first time around.

I get there are some game mechanics that rely on unlocking some of them but I had no inclination to literally restart all over again, particularly given the weird difficulty spikes for some bosses even on normal difficulty.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah I’ll probably end up giving it the old college try if I’m honest… I certainly ain’t counting any chickens though.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@Thrillho Yeah, it might break the game to have access to the bow and the bombs at the beginning, but I agree — if it was a master run on NG+ then I might give it a try because I like the game so much. But having to start from scratch just sounds like a recipe for turning into a chore. Not sure I can deal with those little chibi kids again. 😅

colonelkilgore

Platinum #93 - Fallout 4 - still feeling bloody awful but needed to try and distract myself from the discomfort. Dusted this off as I only had about 5 or 6 trophies that I didn’t pop back in 2015. Wow it plays awful… I don’t know quite why I used to dig these games so much! My palette has definitely… ‘changed’ would be the kindest way to put it.

**** DLC!

WCB

@colonelkilgore sits warily down on the couch
With the brim pulled way down low
Ain't no sound but the sound of the game
Controller ready to go
Are you ready? Hey, are you ready for this?
Are you hanging on the edge of your seat?
Out of the tv, the trophies ping
To the sound of the beat, yeah
Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Hey, I'm gonna plat you too

Congrats!