Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 3,421 to 3,440 of 5,748

colonelkilgore

@WCB truly epic! 🍻 cheers (though mine will have to be alcohol free with all the meds I’ve got in my system rn 😉).

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
Wow. Just wow.
You seem to be having a productive illness...if I was your boss I would be more than suspicious!

Never finished Fallout 4 myself despite loving 3 and enjoying New Vegas. Didn't enjoy the settlement building parts and everytime I went off to explore I remember getting too many alerts and having to travel back to defend random people I'd sent to the houses. I always thought I should go back and play it just letting them all fend for themselves (+die!). But you say it hasn't aged well and I wasn't particularly enjoying it back then so maybe not.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@ThereThere cheers buddy. It just seemed real ‘old’. Graphically it has dated quite a bit… but stuff like the frame rate etc is also really poor. I don’t think Bethesda’s games ever ‘played’ that well really… and was always really a game of numbers behind the scenes but I just think the many action-rpg’s, souls-likes and action-adventures that I’ve played since have just made me want better from the action.

@sorteddan 🤣 to be fair, there wasn’t much activity needed from my covid-addled reactions to polish off Life is Strange and Fallout 4. The 100% settlement happiness trophy was the one that took up the most of my time yesterday and just had me alternating between sitting idle, sitting in wait time and sleeping… was the perfect trophy for my current state 😅.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
Yeah but the imaginary your boss character I've become doesn't understand that. He just thinks 'if you're well enough to play games youre well enough to work'. I think he might be an industrial capitalist dick type character.... he wears a waistcoat that's just too tight.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

@sorteddan I get you, and you’re probably right… sounds like you know him 🤣! Nah, he’s actually a gamer his self… and a decent guy. And my job is so intense! I need to be at at least around 75% to be able to perform… I currently feel around 30%… if that, and feel that I probably could’ve finished off the LiS and FO4 plats at a few clicks under 20% they were so simple.

**** DLC!

render

@colonelkilgore Stop, stop, you are putting the rest of us to shame. I think you’ve got more plats in the last week than I’ve got this year 😅. Congrats man 👍

render

colonelkilgore

@render cheers buddy... and yup I'm on hold now as I don't seem to have any other unfinished trophy lists that I feel up to tackling right now. I'll be back though.

**** DLC!

sorteddan

Platinumber #124 Celeste (PS4)
The main game was rock hard.
Clean up with assist more was too easy.
Last trophy (Real Gamer) got frustrating towards the end.
Job done.

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore @render
Well thanks fellas and I don't mean to sound pretty but I'm slightly disappointed to not yet receive a Queen song parody congratulatory message... Maybe 'We Will Plat You' or 'We are the Plations '.

Just saying.

colonelkilgore

@sorteddan

Mamaaa,
Just killed my boss,
He thought it was suspect, I popped a plat during covid,
Mamaaa, covid has just begun,
And now I’m all outta telltale-like walking sims,
Mamaaa, ooooh,
I’m sorry #124 was in the shade,
If I’m not back again this time tomorrow,
Carry on, carry on, as if plats don’t really matter

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
👍👍👍👍👍
Legend.

colonelkilgore

@sorteddan 👊😉

@ThereThere so I’m doing a kinda trip down memory-lane currently… and would like at least 5 of those 6 to be games that I already have on my trophy list as unfinished. The other will be God of War 3, which is the last of the series that I haven’t played and plat’d. So I’m currently looking at finishing off Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, The Outer Worlds, Dragonball Z: Kakarot and Mad Max… but if I find that I start getting too ahead of schedule, I can always slot in The Witcher 3 and/or Red Dead Redemption 2, which will both eat up significant periods of time for sure.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@ThereThere yeah I do actually feel a little better tbh thanks mate… I’m aware that it can swing to-and-fro though, so I’ll be keeping things to a minimum this next week at least.

In regards to Mad Max… yeah, one of quite a few ‘funny’ stories that show how stupidly obsessed us trophy hunters can become. I originally played it back in 2016-ish (prior to my trophy hunting habit even starting) for a couple of hours and uninstalled it, thinking that it wasn’t all that. Then over the course of the next 4 years I had heard quite a few comments from varied sources of what a hidden gem it was… and thought, well maybe I’ll give it another shot… one day.

Then, I got into bed one Sunday night and put a Trophy Hunting vid on YouTube and the guy announced that the Mad Max servers were closing in a week and that there was ‘just’ enough time if you acted now to get the part done and dusted prior to the server closing. I was up and outta bed immediately. Started reinstalling the game and managed to get an hour of playtime in before returning to bed about 1am.

The next week involved me putting an hour in on Mad Max before work, returning at lunch to log on… and then a bit more during the evening. The thing was that, it wasn’t as simple as pure ‘playtime’… you had to get to a point in the story and then let one of your passive skills tick-over while logged off. So, it was just a case of hitting it hard until I unlocked the passive and then crossing my fingers that I had attained the passive in time… and that all of research that I had done on the subject was accurate. Thankfully, my hard work paid off and I managed to get done what was needed prior to the server closure 😅.

**** DLC!

render

@sorteddan Bit late but…

Sorteddan! A-ah!
He's a miracle

Sorteddan! A-ah!
King of the platinum

He's for every one of us
Stand for every one of us
He saves with a mighty hand
Every gold, every silver
Every bronze, it's the mighty Sorteddan

render

RogerRoger

Congratulations to @colonelkilgore (something tells me you could catch ebola and you'd still earn a dozen plats before it'd run its course) and @sorteddan (an impressive tally becomes even moreso)!

As for me...

65) Syphon Filter (PSone)
66) Sonic Origins (PS5)

Feels weird to be able to earn PSone platinums after all these years, but I'll take 'em!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger congrats buddy… and out of interest how does Syphon Filter hold up all these years later?

Also, hopefully I’ll never have to put your Ebola hypothesis to the test 😉

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore I only quipped about ebola because you said you were feeling better. Here's hoping your road to recovery is relatively short, and that you continue to improve!

I'm the wrong person to ask about Syphon Filter. I love the series, and have been playing it steadily since childhood, so my muscle memory helps me make Gabe Logan look good. I always thought he controlled well enough, and that his PSone adventures were some of the console's smoothest, most playable action games, but I've seen quite a few folks using words like "awkward" and "awful" since Thursday, so your actual mileage may vary. It's a very nice upscale, though, and the instant rewind is a godsend.

And, as long as you're paying attention, its platinum can be earned in a single, simple playthrough.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger ah I took no offence mate. Well I’m still a hold out on the whole PS+ upsell, so Syphon Filter isn’t even an option for me right now… things could definitely change though depending on what classics get added.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic