Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 5,755

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Th3solution Nothing wrong with it though. I guess we all have to be fanboys to some extent, given we follow a PS only website .

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Rudy_Manchego

I guess we are fanboys but I also think that Sony have the best spread of games and genres out there. Since coming back to the Sony fold after years with the 360 only (and to be honest, until late in that generation, I somewhat fell out of love with gaming) I realised that I had really missed out on games that I couldn't find on the 360 (or XB1).

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Th3solution

Do you all prefer to get your trophies gradually throughout a game, or rather get a few silver and golds in the closing hours of the game?

For me, I get frustrated when I pour several hours into a game and don't get any trophies. I prefer when a game gives me a gradual stream of trophies to keep me feeling like I'm making progress. Getting that big catch of silvers and golds at the end is a thrill, but I typically need more constant positive feedback — if I spend a couple hours progressing through a game's beginning or middle sections, I expect at least a couple trophies to pop for my time.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BAMozzy

@Th3solution I wouldn't consider myself to be a Trophy/Achievement whore so don't really care if all the trophies arrive in the final stages or I get a steady stream of them over time. That being said, I will sometimes look to see what trophies are related to certain missions, activities etc and will, if it fits into my playstyle, attempt to get them. I will restart missions a few times to try but if I feel its taking too long etc, I will just move on and ignore it.

I don't often bother with MP trophies unless they happen by just playing the game - like reach level 10 or prestige once but only if I actually enjoy the MP. I don't like 'speed run' trophies - like beat the game in under 5hrs or run the gauntlet in under 25secs. I may attempt the 'gauntlet' once or twice but if I am not getting close to the 'time', I won't bother.

As a result, I think I only have 2 platinum trophies yet have completed many games to 100% - inc Batman: Arkham Knight which requires all the side missions and Joker Trophies to be collected. I know one of the trophies is beating the game on 'new game +' but that, along with beating a game on the 'hardest' difficulty that ONLY unlocks after beating the game at least once, are trophies I rarely, if ever' try and get. I really don't like playing the game a second/third etc time - at least not for a long time after and prefer to play 'new' games with new stories and experiences. Often the only time I return to a game after completion is to replay it when its 'remastered'. I have enough games in my backlog to play without having to replay a game I know exactly what happens etc - all the twists and turns...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

DerMeister

@Th3solution I'd rather a stream of trophies during crucial story events. If anything, it feels like a natural sense of progression.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Th3solution

Yeah, I know I shouldn't feel this way but I look at my percent of trophies complete for a game as a rough estimate of how much of the game I've experienced, but most of the time that is not an accurate measure of how much of the game you've completed or seen.
It's annoys me if I play through a quarter of the game and still have like 2 trophies. Or when I look at a game like The Last of Us and see that I only have 10% trophies, or Uncharted games ... I sit at 40% of Lost Legacy's trophies. And at 50% for Rise of the Tomb Raider. All these games I played quite thoroughly to the ending credits and even expended some effort to pick up random easy trophies.
On the other hand, a game I recently played that did trophy allotment well was Ratchet & Clank. A steady stream of a couple trophies or so came naturally every hour of play, and when I finished the game I had 70% of trophies that came more or less naturally. That feels about right. That's probably about what I deserve for my efforts there. I could pour another 8 hours into it for the platinum but I have other gaming interests right now.

On a related note, I'm waiting for the first person to come on here and report their platinum for FFIX. I know there's gotta be someone.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD @Th3solution Aha never gunna happen . The Excalibur 2 trophy just isn't gunna be fun to get (get to the end of the game in 12 hours? Even with the cheats, no thanks!) Then there is a bunch of super grindy ones, and to cap it off the 1000 skip trophy which I would actually be up for but the input lag seems to make it really hard to even get 20 jumps

....Still, maybe one day eh?!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD I could manage quite a few on the original, I only did 3 on the PS4 version lol. Granted I gave up after 6-7 attempts but the input delay really messes things up. You'd probably get used to it, but the tempo changes once you're at 20 and then starts alternating :s

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Tasuki

@Reanfan7 I am going to ask you one more time, instead of posting rumors please have a source of info like this rather then just your opinion. Something like this I am sure Sony would announce.

Quite frankly I am tired of you posting rumors without basis just to stir the pot. This will be your last warning so you need to heed it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

@Reanfan7 So that shows that the Y's trophies aren't sinking no where does that say that Sony stopped supporting trophies in general on the Vita like you claimed.

My Backlog

WiiWareWave

The trophy lists don't exist in NA as it's not showing up on sites like PSN profiles which use feeds to gather the various lists from PSN directly. Also I don't have a proper PC or mobile device so posting links is difficult and posting screenshots is nigh impossible...

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Tasuki

@Reanfan7 For one game, doesn't mean it's for the trophy system in general, besides I Googled Sony discontinuing PS Vita trophies and found nothing at. No major media outlets, nothing from Sony etc. Just cause you have a hunch doesn't mean it's a fact. When you do that it looks like you are trying to troll and I have gotten reports about that.

But that's enough discussing it here as we I don't watch to derail the thead anymore. If you have more to say please use the contact form below.

My Backlog

get2sammyb

@Reanfan7 @Tasuki Sometimes the Trophies take a few days/weeks to hit Sony's servers, which is why they don't show up on PSN Profiles or on your personal profile. They still exist, they just can't sync because there's nothing to sync to if that makes sense.

This happens a lot with review code, because you get the game before the Trophies are technically "live". It's rare with retail code, but it does still happen.

Just wait and the Trophies will appear, because clearly the set exists in other regions: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6645-ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana

feckin-hostile

I'm level 15. Just got second son platinum to make 4 platinums in total. Got sick of mp gaming and am starting to go for trophies instead over the last month or so. I feel I am getting more out of the games too.
Out of interest I had a quick look here
http://psntrophyleaders.com/leaderboard/main
1,335 platinums? Hhhhhmmm. 😨

feckin-hostile

Ashkorsair

Got 54 plats
The hardst? Prob armello.
Easiest def everything telltale

Ashkorsair

DerMeister

Jak 1 is my 18th platinum.

One of the easier ones I've gotten. Only took me so long because of the amount of games I've been playing.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic