Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 5,748

Th3solution

@KratosMD Yeah, anytime multiplayer trophies are included in the list, I just assume that I’m not going to try for the platinum. Occasionally there are just a couple simple participation trophies for a game’s multiplayer portion, but usually it’s more than I’m willing to do.

Still, the Assassin’s Creed multiplayer was actually one of my favorite multiplayer modes I’ve ever played. I spent quite a bit of time online with Brotherhood and Revelations. I could enjoy it because is was stealth based mostly and you could be rewarded for just hiding and not dying, which is all I have ever been good at with online games. 😂 Once I try to start fighting in an online game, someone kills me pretty quickly, so my kill:death ratio is always lousy.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

redd214

Over 6 years after buying it I FINALLY got the Rayman Legends platinum!!! Was a hell of a grind but glad it's done, platinum #83

redd214

Thrillho

@redd214

Untitled

That is some master levels of perseverance there! I missed out on the challenge trophies involving friends and the one for getting 1,000,000 lums. Getting the gold challenge cup was hard enough!

Thrillho

redd214

@Thrillho yeah I just played it for a week or so at a time over the years to get the challenge (Awesomeness) trophy, not hard just time consuming obviously. The million lums trophy is automatic if you're going for the challenge one. I ended up around 2 million or so just by playing

redd214

themcnoisy

@redd214 well played bro. A great game too.

Platinum 48 - Rune King
Platinum 49 - EFootball PES 2020 (0.2% plat rate)

So I have nearly hit my target of 50 plats this gen. I'm thinking something special to finish like Dreams or Streets of Rage 4.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

redd214

@themcnoisy Thank you!

Went from one pain in the ass platinum right into another lol. Got the Burnout Paradise Remastered plat for #84!! Trying to get 8 randoms to actually cooperate and follow directions sucked but at least got it done!

redd214

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Best of luck getting that 50th platinum; I'll put the bubbly on ice!

Got my 39th platinum this morning, when I aced LEGO Marvel Super-Heroes on PS4. It's a shame I left unlocking Stan Lee until the very end; I'd have loved to have used him to complete some of the Free Play levels and map challenges, but hey. One down, two to go!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@redd214 I have the plat for Burnout Paradise too. Its a good one for the haul.

@RogerRoger And I have that one too! Great game the first Lego marvel.

I rebought a copy of Driveclub to mop up the DLC Car Trophies. Man obtaining the gold challenges is nails, it feels like there is something off with the difficulty - cars all trundle away on straights and the area behind cars for drafting is too narrow and close up - compared to nascar with its wider area which was loads of fun (until glitches stopped popping Trophies). I will add a caveat that I have 100% a good 4 or 5 of the DLCs but individual challenges sat amongst the latter released dlc are the ones I haven't beat. They are meant to be challenging - but are way over the top.

redd214

@themcnoisy yeah I got the platinum on the PS3 and with the EA access deal last week figured it be fun to do again for a dollar, only took a few days.

I agree with ya on Drive club, feels off at times. I play a lot of the genre, I'd guess a quarter of my plats are driving games. It's usually pretty easy for me to jump back into any of them everytime I revisit drive club I can't get back in the swing of it. Long gave up on many of the dlc trophies in that one.

redd214

themcnoisy

@redd214 I put it on last night after a 3 year hiatus and was blown away by the graphics all over again. The 30fps does hurt in the long run but man, seeing the colours of India, birds flapping by and unique buildings dotting the sides is just awesome. The cars combined with the weather and day and night cycle is a tour de force graphically.

Then I'm trying the Mercedes DLC and the reasons I quit all come back at once. Like you I love a racing game, I'm patient and don't mind retrying races or time trials over and over. I must have attempted one particular TT 30 times last night and the speed of the ghost makes no sense near the start, it just shoots off. I have a feeling the latter dlcs had less Quality control over the difficulty, maybe ran an AI race to check its OK and moved on. They are doable but you can't make a single very minor error which should never be the case, we aren't all pro drivers!

JJ-firl

Got the plat for Fire Pro Wrestling yesterday, which brings my total amount to an even 30.

This game has an insanely dedicated editing community where people upload their creations. A big part of this community takes pride in recreating classic wrestling federations, their superstars, iconic rings and even referees. I had a lot of fun playing classic WCW main events, that I loved as a kid. Diving from the steel cage with Eddy Guerrero never gets old.

Next to the moveset you can also program the CPU logic of your creation (this is advanced territory, though) and so a lot of people enjoy watching simulated CPU matches. It’s actually pretty hard to get into an online match because of that. Fortunately, you only needed 1 online match for the trophy.

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

RogerRoger

Platinum #40 popped this morning, thanks to Star Wars Episode I: Racer.

Yesterday they fixed the issue whereby trophies weren't syncing with PSN, but I didn't mind the delay as I screwed up my first playthrough and didn't have enough trugets to purchase all the high-end podracer parts from Watto's shop. Had to complete 80% of a winner-takes-all second file.

Which I didn't mind doing, as the game's a truckload of retro fun. Not the most ideal thing to be playing in a heatwave, but worth it, at least from my perspective!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

MightyDemon82

Just got my 11th platinum, admittedly not a difficult one, Donut County, a fun wee game.

Didn't really bother with them before but I think I'm going to go trophy hunting from now on. My only gripe is online trophies for some games like RDR2, GTA5 stop me from doing a clean sweep.

MightyDemon82

icecube

Got the plat on the PS4 Ratchet & Clank game a day or so ago. Attempting to play R&C Crack in Time now but the lag on my connection to PS Now is making it almost unplayable. Wish all games were downloadable or I could play on my phone with my 4G connection.

Looking forward to Rise of the Tomb Raider next week on PS+. Shadow of the Tomb Raider looks amazing so I'll get my monies worth from PS Now for that.

icecube

TheDude89

@icecube So did I. I love that game. The only trophies that were a bit bothersome were the hoverboard time one's but otherwise it's a fun list.

TheDude89

icecube

@TheDude89 not gonna lie, I used the "no damage" and "slow time" cheats to help with those ones. The Groovitron one forced me to do a third play through which was prob the most frustrating thing.

icecube

MightyDemon82

@icecube congrats in the Ratchet and Clank platinum.
I've gone back and on my 3rd playthrough now to go for the plat, after countless attempts I finally got the Rilgar hoverboard race trophy the remaining ones should be easy enough!

MightyDemon82

icecube

@MightyDemon82 Groovitron and all weapons to level 10 def took me the longest. You'll get it soon enough though I'm sure!

icecube

TheDude89

@icecube Me too. No shame, the devs put the cheats in there. The Groovitron trophy was a bit grindy but I did like seeing the groove animations for the various enemies.

TheDude89

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic