Thrillho

Platinum #25; Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

Untitled

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho

Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

andreoni79

I just got what’s only my third platinum of my whole life... 😂
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Th3solution

@andreoni79 I remember when I only had 3 and thought platinums were not that important to me. Now with 25, I feel like it’s an unhealthy addiction. 😂

To be honest, my platinum rate on games I play is actually quite low. Most of mine are Telltale and easy ones. But I never play a game just for the easy platinum — it’s always a game I’d still be interested in otherwise.
...but I gotta admit, there is a slight tug at me to spend more time with them if the game’s trophies are more achievable. 😅

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

mookysam

Platinum for Final Fantasy VII Remake obtained, yay! I normally don't bother with high difficulties, but as I enjoyed my first playthrough so much figured I'd give it a go. Hard mode was, to my surprise, fine for the most part. I'd even go so far as to say it was a fun way of playing the game, primarily because of how robust the battle system is (and it really is a glorious battle system). The final boss did try my patience a wee bit, but that's now all water under the bridge.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

JohnnyShoulder

@mookysam Well done sir! How did it take you? As much as I enjoyed the game, after 70 hours on one play through, I don't think I will be going back to it at this stage.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder 70hrs? That’s... thorough

I usually take longer than average in games but think I did both runs in around 80hrs. I did skip almost all cut scenes on hard mode and only did half the side quests which saved time.

Thrillho

mookysam

@JohnnyShoulder Cheers. I'm not sure exactly as the timer keeps going when it's paused - and I left it paused a lot. Maybe around 100 hours? I skipped most of the cutscenes on my second playthrough but did get all the manuscripts from side quests in order to buy weapon skills. I like that the bike sections can also be skipped.

@Thrillho I'm just slow when it comes to finishing games. 😂

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho @mookysam Yeah I'm slow at playing games too. I left the game on pause a lot too, but apparently the game timer does pause after awhile.

ApostateMage

I've finally just got the platinum for Dragon Age Inquisition. It's only taken me almost 6 years.

ApostateMage

Gremio108

@ApostateMage Well played! I left it at around 90%, always been mildly haunted by that

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

ApostateMage

@Gremio108 Ta. I was the same, kept putting off the end fight on nightmare difficulty because I thought it would be nails. In the end it was quite a breeze.

ApostateMage

RogerRoger

@ApostateMage Blimey, that's no small undertaking! Congratulations!

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@ApostateMage well done. I hated my time with DAI, that's some patience.

Just landed plat #47 after a massive drought.

Adventure Time Pirates of the Enchiridion

Downloaded it for my daughter and ended up battering it over the last few nights. Great humour in this one, laughed out loud a few times. There's a Kraken which pops up now and again, cannon at the ready, dropped him after 8 shots. It's response? 'I was trying to invite you to my Birthday'. The game is about 12 hours long and a good laugh, I've just been looking at reviews and it's at 6/10 roughly, I would give it a 7.5 as it made me laugh and I enjoyed the sailing and characters.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

icecube

Dammit, this is what I hate about trophies:

So I finally got round to playing Assassin's Creed Syndicate (more time to play, bought it years ago, never played a AC game, i like London history) and really enjoyed it. Found I got about 50% of trophies with no sweat whatsoever and then just about an hour of grinding once I looked through the list to see what was possible and hit 80%. Now I feel I have some kind of attachment to that Plat as it's only 2 trophies away. However, one of them is the gold "100% sync story". I don't think I've got 100% on any memory except the first. Now I'm facing the issue of replaying something just for the sake of a plat or move onto the next game which I may or may not enjoy and forever question my decision...

icecube

JohnnyShoulder

@icecube I've been in similar positions and I would always move on. I'd rather my memory of the game be that I enjoyed it rather than it felt a slog just to to get a couple of trophies.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

ApostateMage

@themcnoisy Ta Noisy. I find that if you get out of the first area quickly and move the story on a bit then it becomes a lot less of a grind. I can see why people would get fed up of it though.
Congrats on the Adventure Time plat. I used to love watching that on Cartoon Network.

ApostateMage

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic