Forums

Topic: Star Wars Battlefront II --OT--

Posts 201 to 203 of 203

RogerRoger

@Jaz007 No worries; glad you're enjoying it!

@Th3solution Yeah, that's some solid advice from @LieutenantFatman there; the campaign is short and sweet, but its laziness works to your advantage if you're planning to proceed to multiplayer, as it copies the Assault class gameplay mechanics and loadout management systems pixel-for-pixel.

The occasional imbalance in matchmaking is the unfortunate echo of the game's botched launch, as there are many who straight-up purchased the best Star Cards right away and have worn them ever since. I never use Kylo Ren because my pre-order came with immediate unlocks for some real high-level abilities for him, and it'd feel like cheating if I blitzed in not having earned them. With a few specific exceptions, however, most of the perks make marginal differences; you still have to play well to win and, as such, I've managed to take down a couple of those pay-to-win folks who thought their money would guarantee them victory. Best to play with what you're comfortable with, and your inherent skill will offset any statistical disadvantage.

That being said, this game is two-and-a-half years old now, and there are those who've been playing it daily since launch. Once you get a feel for the maps in some of the larger modes, you'll be able to have a good time playing the objective, encountering similarly-levelled enemies doing the same, staying away from the middle where a Level 247 Vader is choking a Level 360 Yoda.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Perfectly timed simultaneous replying!

Just quickly, no, Star Cards are not single-use boosts. You have three slots per class, and any Star Card you pick is a permanent fixture (until you decide otherwise, if you get a preferred one down the line).

And alas, DICE have ended support for new content now, so there won't be any additional characters, maps or game modes going forward. They're likely to hold that stuff back for the inevitable Battlefront III now; for the moment, we're stuck with Bossk instead of Mando.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Thanks! I’ll let you know how it goes when I do the game properly by playing single player for a while to learn the basics.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.