Forums

Topic: Resident Evil 2 Remake

Posts 101 to 120 of 131

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 I've been sidelined by Cuphead. I plan on completing Claire's campaign once I'm done, though. Also looking forward to the DLC!

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Persona 5 Strikers (Switch)
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster (Switch)
Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

PSN: Ralizah

kyleforrester87

Ploughed through the last half of Leon’s campaign tonight, very cool. Played 45 minutes of Claire’s and I’ve explored a lot of the station but Mr X is all over me and I don’t know what to do next. I’ve no keys or anything really.

I am under taking the Ride Across Britain to raise money for Alzheimer’s Society. Any donations are greatly appreciated!

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/KyleForrester/1

PSN: WigSplitter1987

carlos82

@kyleforrester87 haha second run is a lot tougher at the start, I did that part this morning and stumbled upon the spade key by accident getting chased by Mr X.

If you want a tip the spade key is on the third floor from the dark room save spot, top of the staircase into the room and on the table, this'll make your life a lot easier

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

kyleforrester87

@carlos82 thanks for the tip tbh that’s just what I needed lol. Will try again later

I am under taking the Ride Across Britain to raise money for Alzheimer’s Society. Any donations are greatly appreciated!

kyleforrester87

@carlos82 got that key, basically was the one place I hadn’t been. Bit random lol. Thanks

carlos82

@kyleforrester87 haha no worries, I found it by accident after being trapped by Mr X and a zombie. Back on it tomorrow to hopefully get much further or finish Claire's second run

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

kyleforrester87

@carlos82 mr x seems to have buggered off now. I’m not sure if it’s just finding the key that did it or what.

Did you play Evil Within 2 by the way?

Edited on by kyleforrester87

Areus

You know one thing i notest that they removed from this game that they had in the original was a certain zombified Stars member that you would run into on your way to the police station

Areus

carlos82

@kyleforrester87 lucky you, it must be a bit random as he didn't leave me until I went into the secret room. Though I have read something about it adjusting the difficulty depending upon how well you're doing. I do like how the second run apes the original a bit more with Brads room in the outside alleyway at the start and the licker corridor including it crawling across the window, also Mr X punching the camera when you check him out on the monitor in the main hall

Never played Evil Within 2, it's made by the guy who did Resi 4 isn't it? Any good?

Edited on by carlos82

carlos82

@Areus yeah it's definitely not a complete like for like remake, however on the second run in particular there are quite a few nods to the original including that alleyway

Areus

@carlos82 they changed up 2 so much i wonder what changes will they do with 3 i can see them giving Carlos his own campaign and we might even get a bonus one for nicholai like we got for hunk

Edited on by Areus

Areus

kyleforrester87

@carlos82 yeah it seems random to be honest, he cleared off for a while then reappeared and he’s on me again. I know what I need to be doing now though lol.

And yeah EW2 is good, the Resi 1 guy wasn’t involved in number 2 actually I don’t think. But yeah worth a go.

nasty_hamster

Areus wrote:

You know one thing i notest that they removed from this game that they had in the original was a certain zombified Stars member that you would run into on your way to the police station

Also, I missed the spiders. Huge ones from the original were the scariest thing in the game, as for me.

nasty_hamster

carlos82

Finished Claire's second run this morning with literally 2 bullets left in my pistol and my fingers crossed, to thinkni thought I was doing really well conserving ammo too. Great game and certainly well worth playing both characters stories, particularly as a fan of the original as cool nods to the original run to the station and key enemy reveals/jump scares return. Now I'll probably have a break before a run as Hunk before trying to unlock the infinite ammo weapons.

It'll be interesting to see where they go from here and I think there's potential for Code Veronica and perhaps bringing Leon for the ride to keep the characters together and rewrite where the series went seen as 7 seems to do that already.

Areus

@carlos82 I think there's also potential for a remake of Survivor in the same vein as resident evil 7 with vr support the game was already in first person if they can fix the prbs that the original had the game could be a suprise hit.

Edited on by Areus

Areus

kyleforrester87

@carlos82 well done, I’m in the parking garage as Claire now (I liked how she name drops Chris, but he don’t give a sh*t!)

What ranks did you get? I got a B on Leon A (10 minutes longer and it would have been a C)

carlos82

@kyleforrester87 I think it was a C on both with my best time on Claire's at around 5 and a half hours. I did spend a fair bit of time reading all of the files and a bit of experimenting with Mr X for future runs. I'm pretty confident on the time limits for mormal runs to get an S but we'll see how it actually pans out in reality 😂. Oh and putting the original soundtrack on slowed me down as it just made it a lot scarier

There's a few nice little quips from Claire throughout the game and her unique sections are great, really enjoyed her side. I'd like them to make another with Leon and Claire together as their definitely my favourites in the series and I always thought it was a shame they split them straight away

Edited on by carlos82

carlos82

Hahaha, that's amazing 😂😂😂

Lizzardboy

I loved that you can explore Resident Evil 2 with free camera control, but fixed camera in original was very memorable thing for me.
Anyway, i just had to film this. People who played classic Resident Evil games will understand

Lizzardboy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic