Forums

Topic: PS4 recommendation thread

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 2,111

Kidfried

@Jdaaawg1705 I had written a post, but unfortunately it got lost to time. I haven't played either Spider-Man or Ghost of Tsushima, but the seem to be right up your alley.

@antdickens I lost my written post, because you locked the topic just as I posted my comment.

Kidfried

MIjinamo

Diablo III. There are a lot of great systems in D3 and a lot of playtimes, even when not talking about grinding for loot. It is really good as a mindless hack and slash game and has some of the most satisfying combat of any game, but that is about it.

I've been playing games for 6 years. I have recently started college. In my spare time, I like to play games like WoW Classic and FIFA 21 but I hate farm game currency myself. If you also like these games, well, we'll be good friends!

Th3solution

Looking at the awesome Black Friday deals, thinking of making a purchase, with time winding down. Some that are interesting me:
REmake3 - $20, Avengers - $30, TLoU2 - $30...

Actually, I’m starting to be interested in The Outer Worlds for $24, after a few people have gushed about it on the forums lately. Problem is, it’s compared to Fallout a lot and I’ve never played a Fallout game, never really felt inclined to, so I’m not sure if it’s a genre I’d like. The footage looks a little bit like Borderlands in the style, color palate, and humor. I like the supposed openness that I hear about it where you can customize your abilities to avoid conflict and such. Anyone else who has not ever been a Fallout fan, yet had a good time with The Outer Worlds? Also, since Obsidian is now a Microsoft property and any sequel will possibly not come to PlayStation, would it still work to play as a stand alone if I can’t get the inevitable sequel in the future?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Honestly, I quite like Fallout 3 and didn’t like 4 but loved The Outer Worlds. It’s very much a AA game in scope and the combat isn’t brilliant but it has fantastic writing and one of the best casts in recent years. I probably had higher expectations than I should have had but I thoroughly enjoyed it during the runtime.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@nessisonett It’s not too terribly long, according to howlongtobeat - which estimates about 24 hrs, so that’s attractive. Does it encourage multiple playthroughs?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution I played it once and probably won’t play it again. There are definitely choices to be made but I felt that any other choices would have made my person a bit of an arse to be honest. It really isn’t too long either, I completed it in a weekend with all sidequests and the best ending.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

TheOtherEden

I would definitely recommend Resident Evil: 3 people were upset that it didn't follow the original game a lot and I agree, but I think on it's own the game is pretty great. With the game being on sale right now I say now is the perfect time to get it.

@Th3solution Yeah 100 percent hop on RE: 3! I think it's a great sequel to 2 remake as a continuation from it and the action parts are pretty freaking great. Jill is amazing in this one and the pacing is just great, the game just doesn't stop being fun. Oh and the final boss fight is pretty great, you'll know what I mean if you ever get there. lol

TheOtherEden

PSN: DiditAllByMySelf

Thrillho

@Th3solution Outer Worlds is absolutely a standalone game so don’t worry about that.

I felt no need to play the game again once done. There are certainly different ways of getting through the game but I didn’t fancy going through the whole thing again. I know @Gremio108 got the platinum which requires at least a couple of runs.

Overall, I you like narrative games with good decision making opportunities, then I’m sure you’ll have fun. Combat is okay and there is a bit of a lack of variety in weapons and enemies but I didn’t really notice that until late on in the game.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Yeah The Outer Worlds (not Wild) is ace. It has the best written characters from last gen. Ashly Burch is phenomenal as Parvati. It is an RPG more than a shooter, so that may suit you more. And yes you can avoid combat depending on the the choices and how you level up.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108

@Th3solution As @Thrillo says, I ran through The Outer Worlds a few times. The first time through, I played it as true to myself as I could, meaning that I picked the dialogue responses which I would have picked if I were actually in that situation. Turns out I'm a sarcastic t***.

Second time through, I played it on the hardest difficulty. This was mainly to get the platinum, so I took a fairly quick route through the game.

Finally, I decided to play through it and be as horrendous as possible, to absolutely everyone. It was quite tricky, because I was treating all these beloved characters so badly, but I was curious to see just how bad the game lets you be. You can be an abolute b*****d in The Outer Worlds if you want!

So basically, there is scope for multiple playthroughs if you want to, although I don't know if I was doing it wrong, but it took me ages to complete everything in my first playthrough, I was way over the 24 hours that HLTB cites. There are also much quicker ways to platinum it than how I did it, so it's probably a fairly straightforward platinum if you follow a guide.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

ApostateMage

I thought it was Ashly Burch's best work yet voicing Parvati.

ApostateMage

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution And also it did take me a lot longer than 24 hours to beat the game. It is probably doable, but I am slow at playing games. One of the reasons why I don't use those kinda sites.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@nessisonett @TheOtherEden @Thrillho @JohnnyShoulder @Gremio108
Thanks for the input. I think I’m going to play all these games eventually, I just need to decide the best deal right now, and it may be that I just wait, but every year it seems like I end up regretting not picking something up on BF sales.

@Arugula Yeah the howlongtobeat stats are sometimes a bit off. I was going with the “Main+Extras” run time which is usually what I end up being closest to. The “Completionist” time was polled at 35 hours. I usually end up somewhere between the two.

TheOtherEden

@Th3solution

Not sure if you care about physical games or not. But Bestbuy has RE: 3 for a bit cheaper then PSN. It’s 15 dollars instead of 20. I dunno if that might help you or not in you’re decision, but it’s worth noting. As someone who keeps track of PS4 deals a lot. (I’m subbed to the PS4 Deals Reddit lol) this is the lowest the game has ever been. Honestly I like the game so much I all ready want to play it again, and I just beat it! Lol

TheOtherEden

Th3solution

@TheOtherEden Thanks for the info. I just checked and it looks like it’s sold out now. I’ll check for a restock; I wonder if their sale is going to end tomorrow or if they’ll spread it out into next week also. I do like physical better, although I’m coming around to digital gradually. My copy of RE1 and RE2 are digital, so I’m not sure my obsessive compulsive side will allow me to have RE3 on disc anyways 😅, but $15 is a great deal. I see that they also undercut PSN with The Avengers going for $25. Most of the other games appear to be the same price as PSN’s sale.

By the way, I just finished RE2 2nd run/ true ending and am just blown away at how much I liked it. I am itching to play RE3 now. I’m posting more extensive thoughts on RE2 on the Game Club thread.

TheOtherEden

@Th3solution Yeah I'm the same way too, I don't like having a series be a mix of physical and digital. I have all the Resident Evil series digital so, I'm only one I'm missing on PS4 is Code Veronica X, if that one ever goes on sale I might pick it up on PS4.

Oh nice! Yeah RE:2's ending is pretty great! I love the bit with the truck driver on the end haha. That's how you know that you're not dealing with zombies anymore lol. Nice, I'll check out you're thoughts on the game club thread. I'm actually playing through the whole series right now, since Halloween I have been playing them. Though right now I'm taking a bit of a break and playing the Devil May Cry series, I took a little break because I was stumped on what I should play next. I wasn't sure if I should go back and play the original versions of 1, 2, and 3 or if I should go to Code Veronica or just go straight to 4. I think I ultimately decided that I am gonna go back and play the originals of 1,2, and 3 because why not lol. I want to experience all the mainline games and the original versions of the remakes are quite different from there remake counterparts.

Edited on by TheOtherEden

TheOtherEden

PeacefulPlaya516

Hey! Just looking to download a great Shooting Range type game with bullseyes to hit, moving targets, silhouettes, etc.

A game like "Gun Club VR" but WITHOUT VR would be perfect.

Please drop some suggestions for me!!

Thanks in advance

PeacefulPlaya516

Th3solution

@ralphdibny Posting here so as not to derail the other thread but... just gotta say that as a Metal Gear fan you owe it to yourself to play Death Stranding!

ralphdibny

@Th3solution I know I know! I have actually bought it for £15 in the BF sale, should arrive tomorrow but I doubt I'll get around to it for some time still.

I have at times wondered whether I am just a metal gear fan or a Kojima fan as well. I've only ever played his metal gear games but I've also played and enjoyed ones that he's not been or has been less involved in. Whereas I can't think of a single non metal gear Kojima game that I've played.

Even so, I still got caught up in the hype for DS around launch and nearly bought it full price. I'm semi glad I didn't though because it would probably have been one I wouldn't play for ages!

See ya!

Thrillho

I also picked it up (in the Halloween sale) but have yet to play it. TLOU2 won out on that front and I’ll need something a bit different when I finish that, especially if I try for the platinum.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic