Forums

Topic: PlayStation Plus | OT |

Posts 661 to 680 of 751

trev666

yes hoping the 1st party games stay on there indefinitely they used to get removed after 90 days on psnow

trev666

itsfoz

Saw a game which came up initially as purchasable as opposed to free on the Premium list earlier and heard of some small bugs elsewhere. PS must be super busy squashing those before they make any future announcements.

Also; heads up, PlayStation have announced the majority of Classic games will have NTSC options.

itsfoz

PSN: justfoz

Lavalera

After upgrading through the app failed 2 times this morning i managed to upgrade on the console itself. Decided to go for the Premium option since especially in the Ps3 part there are a lot of games i have yet to try/play. I will take my time the coming week to go through all list and adding the games to my library, that way ill have some sort of play later list. Couldn't find an option for the streaming part, so have to manually make a list of those which i want to play. I noticed when i make a list of games to play next i tend to finish more games and it gives me a better overview of what games i am going to play next.

PSNid: Lavalera

Voltan

@Lavalera I should probably do that too, because there's a lot

Voltan

RogerRoger

Looks like that awful ghosting framerate fudge isn't applied in Europe, at least not to Syphon Filter.

Untitled

That's me spinning Gabe on the spot. No blur, no ghosting.

Untitled

A frantic action shot shows the green targeting crosshair duplicating itself a couple times, but I seem to recall the original game doing that anyway, and it's barely noticeable in motion.

Ghosting was my biggest panic, so I'm beyond pleased to see it that hasn't come to pass.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

itsfoz

No Evil Genius 2 for us lot which is sad to see, especially as itโ€™s used to advertise Strategy games within the service.

Also - anyone else struggling with Project Cars 3? Want to download but itโ€™s giving me the usual store price even though itโ€™s on the Extra list.

itsfoz

PSN: justfoz

render

@RogerRoger Good to hear that it's a fairly solid experience and it's interesting to see some screenshots of this game. It's not one I played when I owned a PS1 so have no nostalgia for it whatsoever and not looking at it through rose-tinted glasses it looks dull and uninspiring but how is it to play?

render

RogerRoger

@render That's tricky to answer. Syphon Filter 2 was my jam as a kid, and it's remained one of my all-time favourites ever since, so I'm obviously used to the engine's clunky controls. Gabe's always been a bit more fluid and responsive than his fellow PSone peers, but he's still awkward overall, and the manual aiming for headshots has always been a combination of mad panic and luck.

I finally got around to this original Syphon Filter a couple years back, as a PSone Classic on PS3. It isn't as refined as its sequels, and I don't share any specific special attachment to it, but it still holds up if you've got the interest in, and patience for, a cheesy 90s thriller.

This new PS5 port is a very nice remaster. Visuals are smooth, and I'm able to notice details I never could before, although I do have a lot of nostalgia for "that PSone look" and so seeing a bunch of clean edges on everything is kinda weird, if I'm honest! I'm also not the biggest fan of the DualSense's D-Pad, but Syphon Filter was never designed for analogue stick input, so I've settled for the buttons, despite the left stick being available for use. Those are personal quibbles, though.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

render

@RogerRoger Thanks for the info, it sounds like I really need to see for myself whether I'd get on with it. It's great that these games are getting a second lease of life though, especially as a lot of people won't have the kit to play the originals anymore. I can't even remember what I did with my PS1 but have a feeling I left it at my parents place and eventually they got rid of it along with anything else that looked abandoned ๐Ÿ˜‚

render

Milktastrophe

@Lavalera if you start streaming the game, it'll download a shortcut to launch the game, so you can use that as a sort of adding it to your library action.

@itsfoz Project Cars 2 & 3 have already been removed from PS+. I believe it was even before the new PS+ launched in US. Evil Genius 2 was removed in US too. There was no warning, it just vanished a few days ago.

Edited on by Milktastrophe

Milktastrophe

RogerRoger

@render I agree. I'm lucky to still have all my old consoles, which are still (mostly) functional, so I frequently forget how big a deal this must be for some folks.

Yeah, it occurs to me that describing the "feel" of an older game ain't gonna be 100% accurate. If you're on the fence about upgrading your subscription, and think it'd help, I'd be more than happy to let you try some of my Syphon Filter via SharePlay. That way, you'd get some hands-on experience and be able to muck about with the new PSone interface, all without shelling out or tainting your trophy list.

Making It So Since 1987

render

@RogerRoger Thanks ever so much for the offer. I'm actually on the premium subscription but it's more for the second reason you mention that I usually don't boot a game these days. It still grates on me how my trophy list is full of entries where I didn't bother playing much after just one or two trophies popped, even worse that time when my wife was going through PS Now a few years ago and played things like Disney Epic Mickey 2 ๐Ÿ˜….

I'll take my changes at some point and see if I get on with any of these classics. I know for sure that the kids will want to play Ape Escape.

render

RogerRoger

@render No worries! I'm the same, and am very careful about what I play as a result. To that end, know that the first trophy in Syphon Filter (provided you don't hang around and farm a stackable, such as thirty silenced pistol headshots) is awarded for completing the opening level. If you start playing and your reaction is anything short of impressed, don't go into the subway. Stay on the streets.

Making It So Since 1987

render

Thanks @RogerRoger, I'll make sure I've evaluated it thoroughly before that point ๐Ÿ˜€

render

sorteddan

Cost me little over ยฃ5 to upgrade to extra for the next 55 days. If I can complete Ghost of Tsushima in that time I will class it as money well spent. Anything else is a bonus.

โ€œWe are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.โ€

JohnnyShoulder

@sorteddan About 6 quid for me until the end of August. I will wait until at least pay day next week to take the plunge.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

sorteddan

@JohnnyShoulder
Looking at the catalogue currently available it may make sense for me to go for an extra year or six months as there were more games that I'd like to give a go than I was expecting. For example Death Stranding, Demons Souls (maybe), Dark Pictures games and some more I can remember right now. If there is enough that I would save money by subscribing rather than paying for seperately then I can kind of see the sense. Although I've always preferred physical ownership and the option to part exchange... So still don't know really.

Guess I'll decide in around 54 days...

Edited on by sorteddan

โ€œWe are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.โ€

JohnnyShoulder

@sorteddan Yeah I keep flip flopping on whether to stay subbed in the long term.

On of my annoyances with PS Now was not being able to take advantage of free upgrades to the PS5 versions of some games.

Looking at the list of games it looks like most games have both the PS4 and 5 versions available, so hopefully that will continue.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

@JohnnyShoulder Ye, most PS5 versions are there now, which is cool. They're not available for streaming but I guess that's not a big deal to most.

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic