Forums

Topic: PlayStation Plus | OT |

Posts 641 to 660 of 751

nessisonett

@Milktastrophe I’d love that, the game looks great and Roll7 don’t disappoint when it comes to gameplay.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Milktastrophe

I didn't think much of the trailer to be honest, but it's definitely the type of game I'd give a go on PS+.

Milktastrophe

Milktastrophe

PS+ Extra already has it's first casualty. Project Cars 2 and 3 are no longer included in the Japan and Asian stores. I don't think any notice was given, people just happened to notice the games were no longer included.

Milktastrophe

WanderingBullet

How do I extend my current membership? In the past I bought PlayStation Store cards to renew it but was checking just now and couldn’t find the extend option. My subscription ends this coming August.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Th3solution

@WanderingBullet when I went to the PS store, I just clicked on “Learn More” under the header about the new PS+. Then you can select which of the 3 options you want. If you’re logged in, it will calculate how much to upgrade to Extra or to Premium for you. In your case it should be like just a few dollars like probably less than $10 to upgrade until you run out in August if you want to try it out. But if you just want to stack on more Essential level, then select Essential and you can buy an extension just like we always did before. If you wanted to pre-pay for a year of Premium but not upgrade your current sub, then I don’t think that’s possible until you run out.
Hopefully that makes sense.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

belmont

So, I have the basic PS+ that expires in November (I don't remember how I bought it) and PS Now was never available in my region. However, PS Premium will be released here in the 23th of June. So, to upgrade for this I simply will have to pay the difference till November approximately 8 euros per month? Then in November I can decide if I want to buy a Premium yearly or Monthly sub? Or it will change the months till November and let me have Premium (till September for example) so the costs match?

Edited on by belmont

belmont

Voltan

@belmont You''ll be migrated to PS Plus Essential on the 23rd. From there, you'll be able to upgrade the remaining time of your sub by paying the difference - you'll have about 5 months left on your sub so the upgrade price should be roughly 5/12 of of 60 euros = 25 eur.

Afterwards you'll be able to extend your Premium sub or let it run out and resub at a lower tier.
Also, once you have a higher tier, if you acquire a PS+ voucher (like 1 year of old PS+) it will be converted to a shorter period of your tier (so a 1 year voucher would give you 6 months of Premium). If you use it after your sub runs out, you'll get 1 year of Essential.
I think that's about it.

I'm in the same bout btw, except mine expires in January '23

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

belmont

@Voltan Thanks, that clears it up... I may have prefared the option of moving to premium for free and have less months to try how good the streaming actually works. In any case I will probably just pay the difference.

The only think I would also like to know is if they offer the Classics to buy seperately and if I get for free the ones that I already have from the PS3/P/Vita times. They said maybe yes or something vague if I recall correctly. If the USA list applies to EU I have most of them and I would love to play them again in my PS4 with or without trophies.

Edited on by belmont

belmont

WanderingBullet

@Th3solution Will look for it later. Thank you. I’m planning to just extend my current Essential subscription.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Bentleyma

@belmont Whatever games you bought on PS3 will be available for you to download for free if they’re added to the Classics.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Voltan

3 more days unitl I can finally browse through the hundreds of games and find no time to play them!

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan Haha, yeah at the end of day, that’s how I felt when the service dropped here in the US. It was exciting to have this new option, but I haven’t upgraded yet. For me there’s no point on upgrading yet until I actually have time to play something in the catalog.

I did notice another game in the extra catalog which I’m curious to try — Elder Scrolls Online. Rather than buy it for $20, I can upgrade for roughly the same amount for the duration of my sub. But I’m waiting until my time slot opens up.

Anything in either catalog that is going to pull you over into a higher tier?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

@Th3solution I'm definitely upgrading, at least for my remaining 6 months. I wanna play a bunch of first party PS2 and PS3 games I missed (Ratchet & Clank games, Resistance, inFamous 1 & 2 etc) and I wanna try Red Dead 2 to see if I fall off it as quick as the 1st one (which is why I never bought it)
Also, some recent indie games (The Artful Escape) and Stray in July, as well as presumably others down the line, probably make it worth it for me alone.

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan I would like to play a few of the older R&C games, but I’ve already played about half of them. I enjoyed the first Resistance game but am not into FPS enough to have stuck with the latter games. And I played all the Infamous games, which were good. RDR2 is also fantastic, although very slow to rev up, so there’s a high chance that you’ll feel tempted to abandon ship. It seriously takes about 10 hours to really hit its stride, but it’s worth the effort, imo.

Much of this plays out similarly when I look at the Extra and Classics catalogs — it’s a walk down memory lane for me to see many games I played and enjoyed. But there are very few that I missed which I want to go back to. The indies might be a particular draw though, since they are more apt to fly under the radar.

I’m looking forward to seeing how you get along with the new library of games to play! There’s definitely no shortage of options.

itsfoz

Sadly assuming as we’ve heard no updates that there won’t be any for UK launch: disappointing it’s had no update this month and so little PR.

I want Metal Gear Solid (stomps angry petulant child feet)

itsfoz

PSN: justfoz

Voltan

FYI: it’s live in Europe now, I just upgraded

Edit: I tried the PS3 streaming (10 minutes of Ratchet & Clank) and it actually works very well!
Not all games seem to be available though, I couldn’t find InFamous 1 & 2 🤨
Edit2: looks like the store might need some work because InFamous 2 doesn’t appear on the “all games” or “classics” list but is accessible via search. Weird.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

jdv95

Upgraded aswell. But there seems to be no indication of how long each game Will be available.

Kinda stupid oversight
On Sony's part. Wanna get GOT but being a big game i don't know if i should get it since i don't how long i Will be able to play it.

jdv95

Voltan

@jdv95 Red Dead 2 does have an “offer ends 20/09/2022” annotation. So I guess the other games don’t have a set deadline at the moment?
Also: I’d expect 1st party games to be there indefinitely.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic