Forums

Topic: Persona 5

Posts 301 to 320 of 640

Th3solution

@KratosMD Woah man ... don't forget Danganronpa 3 comes out in less than 2 weeks! And what about Yakuza 0?! You were so excited about those. 😮
Haha, it's okay, I'm trying to juggle Persona 5 and Danganronpa 2 at the same time. Both games are just great so far. I'm expecting Persona 5 to last several months since I'll be splitting time. Let's see — a 120 hour game .... at my average weekly play time ....(does some mental calculations) ... I should be done in mid December. That's depressing. Maybe I'll be lucky and come down with some horrible illness that forces me to miss work for like 2 weeks so I can game all day.
But seriously, I notice on the forum here that a lot of people just make it through half of P5 and just have to take a sabbatical from it for a few months and come back to finish it later.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

themcnoisy

@Wesker @feena cheers team, will pick both up.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

DerMeister

I'd love a remake of P3. I wanted to play it again on PS3, but after playing P4 and 5, going back to 3 would be rough, mainly because you don't control your entire team. That's a huge deal breaker for me, because I don't ever feel like I'm in total control. It doesn't help that the team AI wasn't the best if I remember right. If it gets a remake, it better give the option to control the whole team.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Nei

Rest mode is the second best new feature of thr generation after the share button thing imho! Very useful! Of course a couple of times it failed me cause electricity went out while I was away but it generally works;)

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

themcnoisy

@KratosMD play on the difficulty that best suits you. Normal isnt fun, sometimes its a breeze and then sometimes you get a one shot kill on your main character.

But I have been unlucky, thinking back joker has been decked 8 or 9 times, everyone else on the team has been alive bar a couple of times despair has afflicted the whole team. There are team builds to avoid my situation but playing blind I dont know what enemies are coming etc. Have fun anyone bro.

Progress update ;

Cruiser calling card at the ready! Its nearly over and I can have my life back and play some action games!

Ralizah

@Feena Heh, I DETEST the share button.

Definitely agreed on rest mode, though. I love how, when you're playing a PS4 game, you can just stop anywhere, put it in rest mode, and resume when you return. Of course, as you said, this doesn't protect against outages, so it's not as completely protected from power outages as something like the Nintendo Switch, but it's a far cry from last gen and before when you were up a creek if you suddenly needed to log out of a game and weren't by a save point of some sort.

@themcnoisy I finished Persona 5, but I'm still smack dab in the middle of Dragon Quest VIII and just started Xenoblade Chronicles X (which, I'm convinced, is the final boss of JRPGs: it has one of the biggest open worlds ever featured in a video game and is monstrously complex, dumping a bucketload of complex systems on the player and expecting them to juggle everything at once: arts, skill customization, gear customization, BLADE rank, division advancement, upgradable proficiency in a variety of areas, planting and chaining a variety of data probes in different segments to gain materials and money, investing in arms dealers to raise their shop ranks, affinity levels between various characters, etc. etc. etc.). I need an intervention.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Nei

themcnoisy wrote:

Cruiser calling card at the ready! Its nearly over and I can have my life back and play some action games!

you would think...

@Ralizah
Dragon Quest VIII and Xenoblade at the same time ...wowza that is commitment! Congrats on P5!
Next gen I would like some kind of emergency power to make the sleep mode of home consoles even more similar to the portables lol - won't happen.

Out of curiosity, what is it you detest about the share button (and similar others): I love to be able to take screenshots easily (curse you, Atlus) and short videos, or spam my twitter with game-related funny things etc. I also started using the share play function with a friend who has recently moved away to simulate our weekly videogame couch evenings, it's great!

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Dichotomy

@Ralizah I have one piece of advice for XBC, read the manual (the big digital one), it may be a bit dull to read those things these days, but there is a ton of info in it that will make the game a lot easier to navigate.

@themcnoisy You definitely should do the NG+ run to get the stuff you missed and the extras added in that run

Dichotomy

Ralizah

@Feena Yeah, a battery backup option on the PS5 in case of power outages would be lovely. It wouldn't even need to be integrated into the console at launch: it could be purchased as optional accessory!

RE: the share button, it's hard to press, I find the way it's laid out to be a bit clunky, I don't like how it pops up a menu asking you to "share" a screenshot any time you take one (not all of us are social media users; I just want a collection of screenshots to reference for my own personal reasons, like on my Vita), and, frankly, it's just one of those things I don't use often, so it annoys me that it has a dedicated button and helps to cramp up the middle of the controller.

@Dichotomy The manual is definitely illuminating. It took me hours to figure out that each of the map segments have their own individualized tasks you need to complete. I can't remember the last time I needed to read the manual for a game!

themcnoisy

@Dichotomy "You definitely should do the NG+ run to get the stuff you missed and the extras added in that run"

I dont think I could muster the energy. Its been P5 for 9/10 weeks. Im knackered by it.

@Ralizah Bloomin heck, thats crazy. I need a break from RPGs since last xmas ff15, ff10, p4g and p5. Im RPGd out.

I love the idea of playing trails of cold steel. But that will be next year at the earliest.

Ralizah

@themcnoisy Haha, yep! I'm probably going to avoid RPGs and open world games for a while after I'm done with this current crop of games. My backlog would empty faster if I played shorter 10 - 25 hour console experiences instead of back-to-back 200 hour JRPG epics.

kyleforrester87

When ya'll gunna play a real RPG like Pillars of Eternity? Ya know, good graphics, great sound, well written story, exploration, adventure, tactics, customisation.. the full package

Ok, ok I'm just frustrated that we have XX pages of Persona 5 chat and no one playing Pillars with me

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Wesker

@MCNoisy Samurai Shodown V Special made an appearance on the PSN store today. Might be worth keeping an eye on. I mostly played 2, which was excellent, but I hear good things about this one as well.

Edited on by Wesker

Wesker

themcnoisy

@KratosMD on the contrary im getting them on vita. P4g on vita was amazing due to the stand by function and play anywhere when running through dungeons etc. So thats gonna be my platform of choice for trails.

@kyleforrester87 too many good SHORTER games mate. Theres no way Im restarting pillars now, no way lol. I think jrpg / anime story telling is more my bag these days. I could go on about my likes and dislikes of P5 for 2000 words. Where as pillars and other western rpgs dont have the same story telling craft.

@wesker thanks man. Will buy it.

Kogorn733

So it's been 4-5 months since I completed Persona 5 (on normal difficulty) and I'm starting to miss it, especially since there were some activities and max social links that eluded me in the first playthrough.
If I do new game+ on normal difficulty, will I be bored out of my mind? I'm willing to try hard/very hard if it makes things interesting, but I want to strike a balance between maintaining a challenge and requiring myself to engage in periodic grindfests.

Kogorn733

DerMeister

@Kogorn733 I'm going through a NG+ run on normal myself. Since I mostly just want to get the stuff I missed, I'm blitzing through with my endgame equipment, though since you start off with basic equipment and persona (you have go back into your inventory and re-equip your endgame stuff and go back to the velvet room if you want your built up persona back), and your level doesn't carry over, you can essentially play NG+ like you're playing a normal playthrough if you wanted. I don't know if that's what you're looking for, but it's an option. Otherwise, you just tear through everything with your upgraded stuff.

If you want to use your endgame equipment, it maybe would be better to bump up the difficulty. Give yourself a better challenge while balancing it out with better equipment. I hope this helped.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Mega-Gazz

@KratosMD @themcnoisy So based on the above, should I start this in normal or hard difficulty? I picked it up on Black Friday, just starting probably tonight.

Mega-Gazz

Mega-Gazz

@KratosMD Thanks! I remember in p4g ending up just pressing the auto-battle in almost every fight, which was yawntastic... but if there are “unfair” insta-kills I guess I’ll start on normal and go up if the fights are too easy.

Mega-Gazz

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.