Forums

Topic: Persona 5

Posts 161 to 180 of 640

johncalmc

@Ralizah Definitely. The equivalent of Hardcore Risette Fan is way easier this time around thanks to changes to the battle system. There's also a couple of confidants that actively help you have more time/raise affinity with other confidants. There's only a few things to watch out for but they should be fairly obvious after beating the game once and knowing when they happen - Sun confidant, library books, etc.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Ralizah

@johncalmc Hardcore Risette Fan is a nightmare. I'll probably buckle down and get the plat for P4G one day, but that trophy is a big reason why I haven't bothered yet.

Good to hear. I'll not worry too much about confidants this playthrough (other than Kawakami, because I want more freedom: as with P4, the most important thing is to max all of one's social stats in the initial playthrough.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

johncalmc

@Ralizah Yeah I never managed Hardcore Risette so I didn't get the platinum in golden. But this time round I got the equivalent trophy on my first play without trying. It's easier, I think, because of the new combat options you get from... I think... Star.

If you get the social stats on the first play and then go for Temperance and Fortune first on your second you should be fine. Also, Sun. You need that one out of the way early.

You also need to remember to try and bunch Mementos requests together so you don't waste time, do all Mementos requests because there's a trophy for it and you get some books from them, and you need to make multiple saves. I used a save before the final palace to do all the books, then reloaded it to do all the games, then reloaded it to finish off social links. I'd imagine it's tough to do all three in one play.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Fight_Teza_Fight

@johncalmc Well done! You're certainly more organised than I.
Just finished my second playthrough and still no platinum. Messed up early on and didn't realise.
Didn't read a text from Mishima (part time, full time hell) that was linked to the request, book and hangout trophies...

Starting my third playthrough now. At this rate I'll become a P5 speedrunner.
#1 121:15
#2 50:35

The platinum will be mine.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

themcnoisy

Just got my copy woo hoo!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

ApostateMage

@themcnoisy I hope you enjoy it as much as P4G mate. I'm sure you will, it's a cracker.

ApostateMage

themcnoisy

@ApostateMage thanks man, got a quick 40 minutes in earlier. Really impressed by the presentation. Not so much when the script has no voice acting at strange points which is pretty much the only fault so far. I need to box off Yakuza first so literally rushing through that tonight. But yes great presentation, the anime is loaded which is a big plus for me as a fan so boss!!!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Kogorn733

Just finished Persona 5 with the true ending. Manly tears were shed during the ending's watching.

I'm hope they release an expansion or, if they do a "golden edition," allow us to upgrade so we don't have to repurchase 80% of the game.

Kogorn733

Fight_Teza_Fight

212 hours, 3 playthroughs later- I have finally gotten the platinum!
Even after multiple playthroughs I was still finding new things.
I don't think anything will top Persona 5 as my GOTY.
Just incredible. The new standard all JRPGs should aspire to.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Throb

Can anyone help? I must have missed some gameplay mechanic but I am struggling to find the next thing to do? The map doesn't highlight anywhere in particular to go, it just says in the top right "Celebrate your success" or something like that? It's after clearing the first dungeon

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Throb You probably beat the palace with some time to spare, so those are now 'free' days. Just do whatever you want. Game will progress automatically.

EDIT: Assuming you beat the palace before May 2nd.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Throb

@Fight_Teza_Fight Ah, cool, thanks for that I thought I was missing something and I had to go somewhere specific to celebrate with the team, like a bar or restaurant?

Can't think of anything good to put here just yet, watch this space...

PSN: Headthrob

johncalmc

@Throb Nah, important things always take care of themselves. You'll be given set dates you need to take palaces down by, but as long as you do that then the major plot points in the story will always appear on set dates. General rule of thumb is, do the palace ASAP and then you'll be fine.

johncalmc

Twitter:

ztpayne7

@Throb the celebrate your success part will come naturally as part of the main story. For instance, they might say let's go somewhere Friday! And if it's only Monday, you'll have free time until then.

ztpayne7

Nei

I am slowly (relatively) making my way through the game...I am at about 90 hours - just beat the fourth palace and unlocked tons of new stuff.
Loving the story and social simulation aspects but at this point I am starting to feel a bit tired of the combat...and Mementos. I know I could probably skip it but I am a completionist when it comes to JRPGS.

The characters are some of the best in the series: Fox cracks me up ! If the "golden" version of this (on Switch?) gets a female protagonist I totally want to date him. Or just make him datable for the main guy. On that note (kinda): I don't want to go all SJW but don't you feel those "gay dudes" in Shinjuku are kind of offensive/racist, at least for western standards? Is it just me?

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Ralizah

@Feena I think a few sites already complained about the gay guys in their (otherwise glowing) reviews.

It was an attempt at humor that seems to rely on stereotypes about "predatory" gays. Probably ill-advised, but I didn't feel personally violated by it or anything.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

ztpayne7

@Feena just an FYI without trying to be spoilery - I wouldn't skip momentos. I would wait until you have several of those missions and do them at once.

ztpayne7

johncalmc

I thought the gay guys were a bit weird. The game generally handles most things very well, but those gay guys seemed to have strolled in from a different game. They're so ridiculously over the top and such an old fashioned stereotype of gay people, that it felt really odd. Fortunately, it was all over and done with after a couple of minutes. Perhaps the humour was lost in translation or something.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Nei

@johncalmc @Ralizah yeah of course it's not a deal breaker or anything, it was just weird and I got a strong "this could never happen in a contemporary western game" sensation - it's even stranger considering how maturely the game faces other sensible themes.
@ztpayne7 Thanks for the heads up and yeah I am usually waiting till I have 3-4 requests and there's a rainy day so I get rare chests

School trip time btw

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.