Forums

Topic: God of War OT

Posts 541 to 560 of 807

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Yeah, and the world serpent had that awe inspiring epic feel.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution of course… how could I forget. I thought the function involving more of the world becoming available as more of Jormungandr’s body emerges from the water was genius-level game design - eureka!

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Yep agree. Loved that was how you unlocked more of the world.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

So must be pretty close to the end on God of War: Ascension now and really enjoying it. Might just be because it’s been a while since I’ve played one but the combat seems a bit more refined than the previous games. Pretty underrated imho.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Just finished GoW: Ascension and was a real good pre 2018 GoW game. Combat felt real solid, set-pieces were epic, locations were beautiful… I think it must’ve just got so much shade due to the narrative (not that pre 2018 GoW games had particularly great narratives… but I reckon that the fact that this one threw you back to the period prior to Kratos taking on the pantheon must’ve irked the fan base).

Got a bit of mopping up left to pop the plat but the hard work looks to be done.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@avatarian cheers buddy, once done I’ll just have GoW 3’s plat left to pop and that’ll be the whole series done in readiness for Ragnarok.

**** DLC!

Voltan

A little comparison of the same scene from last year's trailer and today's accessibility footage 👀

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Voltan

@colonelkilgore yup, that and some official licensed merch leaked with September dates. Definitely looks like it could release in ~4 months.

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@Voltan yeah, I’ve always had September in my mind for the release tbh. I’ve been putting off booking the rest of my annual leave but work have finally put their foot down and told me that I have to book a two week block by the end of this week… gonna try and get the middle fortnight of September I think. 😉

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Well, at least we know they didn’t turn the game into a children’s “E” rated game. Still plenty of realistic violence and profanity. I was worried they would turn Kratos into a skilled negotiator who was able to solve all interpersonal conflict non-violently.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution damn… the ‘skilled negotiator who was able to solve interpersonal conflict non-violently’ tactic was the only answer Sony had to all the critics saying “it just looks like dlc!” 🤣

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

I see the rumours have been back and forth on the release for Ragnarok. First it was in September, then it was delayed till next year, now the latest is November. Would be funny if was released on the old date for Starfield.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Grumblevolcano

Given those rumours about a Nintendo Direct on June 29th and Nintendo always likes to go last for big June announcements, I imagine that later this week Sony will announce a GoW Ragnarok State of Play for June 23rd.

Grumblevolcano

Voltan

I mean, maybe I’m getting baited by Cory (who’s a known troll, tbh) but he basically confirms that the game is definitely coming out this year, doesn’t he?

Voltan

Th3solution

There is so much drama surrounding GoW Ragnarok. Good grief.

I have no doubt the final product will be fabulous, but it seems like every thing that can go wrong has. From the lead voice actor having to take time off for major surgery and convalescence, to the animation actor being implicated in heinous allegations, and then now supposedly social and political unrest from the recent Supreme Court controversy apparently delaying things. And then we have to have idiot fans harassing the studio for information.

This game is snakebit.

Jimmer-jammer

@Th3solution I blame jormungandr

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic