Forums

Topic: God of War OT

Posts 501 to 520 of 807

Ralizah

Anyone know any tips for getting anchors of fog? I've been grinding Niflheim for hours and still can't find any.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

@colonelkilgore Thanks. I saw something equivalent on another site. It looks like it really is just down to pure chance. I think I'm going to start running through the areas without killing enemies to speed this process up a bit.

Killed four valkyries, completed five favors, and spent hours collecting mist echoes in Niflheim today, so I guess you could say I got stuck into the post-game grind pretty thoroughly.

colonelkilgore

Ralizah wrote:

… Killed four valkyries, completed five favors, and spent hours collecting mist echoes in Niflheim today, so I guess you could say I got stuck into the post-game grind pretty thoroughly.

Sounds like it 😁

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@Ralizah Yeah, seems like there was a little bit of grinding to get the anchors of fog. I don’t remember it being too annoying, but seems like they are exclusively in those big enemy arena areas. So it’s a matter of running there over and over a few times, but if memory serves there’s one side that’s a little easier to get through than the other.

The mist armor is fabulous though, as I recall. There’s the slightly different versions of it and my memory is foggy (ba-dum-tshhhh!….) about the options, but seems like that’s the armor that I utilized, or some pieces from it, to beat the late Valkyries including the Queen.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Ulythium I’ll check mine mate… it’s definitely sealed but it might be the PS Hits edition. All my games are in my new place though and I won’t be there until tomorrow… I’ll have a look and let you know 👍

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Ralizah @Th3solution yeah I’m also ‘foggy’… but I think my end game armour may have been earned from the mists. It was the armour with ridiculously low cool-downs… and if that is the one from Niflheim then I can’t recommend it enough… just special after special after special etc.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Ulythium wrote:

Honest answer? I'm a dorky, OCD collector nerd…

Oh, we will get along grand then 🤣

**** DLC!

Ralizah

OK, so if I kill everybody in all of the other rooms first and collect all of the treasures (sans the nornir chests, which are way more trouble than they're worth given the time limit), then I seem to be able to fairly reliably find those items I need in Area Y. I've collected two now.

Octane

Niflheim was kinda annoying at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy to obtain whatever you need.

Octane

Voltan

The last trailer for Ragnarok is now available in various languages (fully dubbed) - that must mean the dubs are more or less complete, right?
And that should mean the development is in its final stages?
I'm just guessing here

Voltan

Octane

@Voltan I could see it being a May or June title. Horizon is pretty early anyway, so there's enough breathing room for both.

Octane

HallowMoonshadow

Ahh a bit of writer's block?

Well I hope it goes well on the writing front @Ralizah as your pieces are always a joy to read. No pressure of course to pen them out either as I know I've had a lot less motivation to write my thoughts on games out in long form for well over a year now...

I'd say just write whatever ya damn well feel like... even if it's a smaller piece! And good luck on doing all the side content in God Of War! 😄

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

Ah, so killing Odin's birds are part of the process of 100%ing an area. That should hopefully make them a little easier to track down. I like how this game just becomes a collectathon after a certain point.

I have to say, though, they REALLY hide these suckers.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I'm naturally extremely lazy and as much as I enjoy writing when I get into it, I have to will myself out of my sloth to get ANYTHING done. Like, not just work or writing. Anything. I even have to will myself to engage in leisure activities.

I'm a big believer in the Shia LeBeouf approach to toppling procrastination.

Of course, being a chronic procrastinator, 'just doing it' usually involves waiting until the last minute and then scrambling desperately to accomplish anything.

colonelkilgore

@Ulythium sorry buddy my weekend has just been so busy I haven't got around to it yet. I got a pretty busy day again today but I will try and sort through the boxes later and have a look for you. 👍

**** DLC!

Voltan

I’m seeing a bunch of people announcing their departure from Santa Monica on Twitter lately.
It’s not unusual for game developers to change workplaces between projects so I think this might be yet another indication that Ragnarok’s development is nearly complete now.

Voltan

Ralizah

Been cleaning up Odin's birds since I discovered they're part of an area's checklist, which makes it relatively easy to know where to look. Although I still have, like, a million of these things to kill.

So I decided "enough with the busywork/checklist clearing!" and ended my play session by entering Muspelheim, where, as with Niflheim, I'll likely be staying until I clear it.

Ralizah

Oh my god the Valkyrie Queen fight! Definitely one of the harder boss fights I've encountered in a video game. It's past 3 AM now, which means I've spent at least 2.5 hours obsessively restarting the battle with her over and over until I finally got it. So many times I got her down to two bars or so of health, but I was finally in the zone, dodged most of her attacks, and took her down. Didn't even need to use my resurrection stone!

I should get some sleep, but I'm wired enough now that it'll probably take a while.

Edited on by Ralizah

Voltan

@Ralizah Congrats. It might not have taken me over 2h (although tbh I can’t be sure how long it was) but it was still a while since I refused to lower the difficulty
Or I guess you could also say it took me 3 years because I didn’t do it when I originally played the game at launch

Anyways, that’s one tough boss fight.

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic