Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 801 to 820 of 1,795

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Your posts about your Dad's gaming are awesome.

I was in GAME the other day and there was an elderly gentleman ahead of me in the queue, must've been in his seventies at least. I must've subconsciously figured that he was there picking up something for his grandchildren, but then I caught a bit of his conversation with the shop assistant.

He was complaining that, when he finished the story in Assassin's Creed: Origins, he selected New Game Plus and the "cheeky thing" wasn't showing him any new content. "It let me keep all my weapons and upgrades," he explained, "but that just made it boring. I'd already seen everything!" He wanted to double-check that the two games he was trading in for weren't going to "try any cheap tricks like that" and provide him with satisfactory value for money.

I had to turn my head as he walked past me on the way out; I had an uncontrollable grin on my face and didn't want him to think that I was laughing at him, because I really wasn't.

All I was thinking was "Well, there goes me in forty years..."

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho @ellsworth004 @RogerRoger Thanks guys. It does feel like I'm playing six degrees of separation from Nathan Drake with him at times.

He does have a natter with his local independent game shop. They have recommended him some dodgy games in the past, but I'm hardly surprised if he describes them in the same way. 😂

It can be frustrating as he so forgetful, I'm always repeating myself when I go over. He has a habit of missing updates, even though he has the notification icon with a number of messages not read (which would drive me nuts). He has a system update which hadn't been downloaded or installed for about 4 weeks.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@RogerRoger @JohnnyShoulder Hey, they say keeping your mind active staves off Alzheimer’s disease, and they encourage old people to do puzzles and follow politics to keep exercising the brain. I think video games are the ideal way to work out your mind — problem solving, eye hand coordination, reading, memory work, visual and auditory stimuli .... they have it all.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Th3solution I wouldn't recommend following UK politics to elderly people. They're way better off playing games!

Bad jokes aside. I often play video games after a long day of work. Even though I do it to relax from stress and such, I also feel like in a way it's an effort on its own. No matter what some of the critics will say about it.

Kidfried

Rudy_Manchego

@Kidfried I feel that UK politics are MAKING me elderly at the moment. My heart and brain can't take it...

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Oh, you bet. I plan on playing games until the day I die, if able. Just expect my comments around here to get a little more extreme and... what's the polite word? Eccentric?

It'll be an extension of that Grampa Simpson headline: "Old Man Yells at Cloud-Based Gaming".

@Kidfried @Rudy_Manchego Something tells me that, if somebody had made an over-the-top, twist-riddled choice-based RPG about the UK political system a couple years ago, nothing possible within it would've been half as insane as this country's current situation.

Anyway, I'm in danger of dragging us off-topic. WWTD (What Would Tasuki Do).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Rudy_Manchego

@RogerRoger I believe you are right. This makes most video games seem like a real life documentary in comparison.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

KALofKRYPTON

R-Type Final 2 off-screen game play at TGS!!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

HallowMoonshadow

The Code Vein Demo has had an update that allows online play and added a new high level depths dungeon

You can play the online without PS Plus too in the demo which is neat

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

Colin Moriaty just dropped a big hint on his SCS podcast that Sony has a Remastered game very close to being finished.

"There was one game in particular, a remaster coming out for PlayStation 4, that I thought they [Sony] were going to announce today [at State of Play], but they didn't. I don't know what they are waiting for with that one. Let's just say the soul still burns with that one."

I wonder what that could be? 🤷‍♂️😉

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Is it supposedly the game Bluepoint is working on?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution That is literally all he said, apart from chuckling to himself after he said. Your guess is as good as mine, but i think it is highly likely it is Bluepoint.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

Big news today!

GTA V is no longer in the top ten. Omg.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy ...what.

It's the end times! The end times, I tells ya!!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Wasn't it also not in the top ten like two weeks ago @themcnoisy ?

Still the end is indeed nigh!

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

mookysam

@RogerRoger Though all signs point to ruin, even in a post-apocalyptic world GTA V shall endure. Like cockroaches. Or herpes.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

@mookysam Spot the GTAV fan amongst us.

Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Frigate @mookysam @RogerRoger I couldn't quite believe it myself. Good Times people.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

PSVR_lover

“Super shot VR as I am looking for a new VR game and I know Sammy reviewed it pretty highly.”

I play it from the PS4 Demo disk and I loved it. Great fun with move controllers.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

HallowMoonshadow

Played through the Medievil Short Lived Demo

Other Ocean has very much made this in the vein of the Crash N.Sane Trilogy and the Spyro remaster-makes in that MediEvil has very much been lovingly resurrected (Based on the PS1 Original too rather then the naff and much too kiddy psp remake).

It's the same as it was (as much as the demo allows you to see that is) just with a graphical overhaul, updated/redone soundtrack and a few quality of life adjustments.

The gargoyles have the original voice acting completely intact which is great... Can't wait for all the snarky comments in the Hall of Heroes once again.

Untitled

Plus there's a bunch of new/enhanced details that add to the world.

Untitled

Being able to see the Mausoleum from the start of the Graveyard level is a very nice touch indeed!

Untitled

There's even some added jokes that raise a smile

Untitled

The narrator is rather hammy (Maybe a bit too much at times but she's enjoying herself at least). It's nice that you can get the tutorial/lore books read to you too. There's even a suite of colourblind options too if you need it!

Plus they added the Book Of Gallowmere as an in game item with all the monsters, bosses and enemies having entries (accessed in the inventory right at the end) for you to peruse through.

The gameplay remains the simple hack and slash romp it was before though the Dan's Helmet item makes the enemies hit twice as hard for an extra challenge and is a nice little lore joke too.

The camera being much more weildly too compared to the original. Not that it bothered me much at all in that.

I did notice a bit of slowdown/frame rate drops (I only notice it when it gets really low in games) and that was when using the healing fountain of all things. The actual fighting and amount of zombies on screen didn't seem to affect it at all.

The demo is available for 1 more day I believe so if you didn't play it already and fancy a go... Then do so before it's too late!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic