Forums

Topic: Drive Club Official Thread

Posts 101 to 116 of 116

Splat

Quintumply wrote:

I had to make some room on my hard drive recently too. Think it may be worth investing in a 1TB or 2TB drive at some point!

If you are going to do it go for the 2TB. That is what I got and love it...

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Tasuki

I would upgrade my hardrive but I am an idiot when it comes to those sort of things and I am afraid of damage my PS4 or losing all of my data lol.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Splat

Tasuki wrote:

I would upgrade my hardrive but I am an idiot when it comes to those sort of things and I am afraid of damage my PS4 or losing all of my data lol.

It's super easy. I had no idea what I was doing going in but YouTube walked me through it.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

kyleforrester87

Bikes is really good. A lot better than cars in my opinion, and that was a lot of fun. I do like bikes more than cars in general, mind you, but it really makes me feel like i'm zipping along on a Fireblade!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Quintumply

I finally got around to playing Bikes, and it's awesome! I haven't played Driveclub for months, so it took me a little while to ease back into it, but the superbikes handle really well. Just played a few of the first events in the Tour and took a couple of screenshots. It's certainly an impressive expansion.

It hardly needs saying at this point, but Driveclub really is stunning to look at. I follow Driveclub and Paul Rustchynsky (game director) on Twitter and some of the screenshots they share are phenomenal.

Edited on by Quintumply

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

Cookyman1970

from Neogaf

Cookyman1970 wrote:

DRIVECLUB PS+ Edition stealth update - All post-launch free stuff available now #1

If you have already downloaded the PS+ edition, you can now download all the free content released since launch, including the ignition expansion pack. You don't need the full game to enjoy them.

You should be able to go to the store, search DRIVECLUB and filter by "free" to download. I have the the full version, so haven't been able to verify it myself. Can someone confirm this works? To be clear, this is only for the free content and not the paid season pass content. Thanks!

EDIT:

Seems like it's US store only at the moment? Will update as I get more info.

EDIT 2: Ignore the obsolete text on the store. You should still be able to download and play regardless. The change is in effect worldwide

decisions........decisions........

Untitled

Edited on by Cookyman1970

Cookyman1970

Tasuki

So I decided to fire this up again tonight and yeah just as bad at this game as before lol. Just one question can you get the Bikes on the PS + version? And if so how?

My Backlog

kyleforrester87

@Tasuki: Very sure you can't. But it's worth the purchase, in my opinion. I played it solid one Saturday afternoon and just "got good", now I can just run perfect lap after perfect lap. I was crashing all over the place in the higher spec cars on the base game.

kyleforrester87

mrobinson91

@kyleforrester87: I've been playing quite a lot recently but mostly in hatchbacks as I seem to be all over the place in the sports car. Maybe I need to persist with them for a bit longer and try and stop sliding everywhere!

I AM SIEGMEYER OF CATARINA AND YOU SHALL FEEL MY WRATH!

PSN: mrobinson91 | Twitter:

kyleforrester87

@mrobinson91: Yeah just practice and it'll click.

I was smashing into every third barrier when I first got Bikes but I got a lot better with a good few hours practice! I don't have much patience for racing games generally but DC gets a lot right!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Tasuki

@kyleforrester87: Thanks for the info. Yeah I will probably go ahead and purchase the full game especially now that the price has come down, probably sometime after Christmas unless I get some money or gift cards.

Yeah I generally not a big fan of racing games too. The only racing games I liked were back on the SNES but I did like MSR on the Dreamcast and PGR on the Xbox and DC reminds me alot of them. I keep DC around to scratch that itch I get for a racing game but soon get aggravated and have enough of it.

Guess I just need to quit aggravated with it and put some time into it.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Tasuki

Played a bit more today and I actually did fairly well, I actually finished 4th!!!! In fact one race was leading for most of it but then right at the end my car decided to slip and slide all over and I lost 3 potions while I was trying to correct it and got fourth again. I tried a few more times after that but I couldn't get back to the lead, I think I was to aggravated at that point so I had to stop. Looking back now I am pleased at how well I did but sadly I need to get third or higher to move on.

Drive Club is going to be one of those games that I am going to get aggravated at alot but keep coming back too to try to get better at.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@get2sammyb: Yeah I am in fact using the break assist and it's helped alot. I started it on high and after a few races I dialed it down hopefully I get to the point where I won't need it, at least that's my goal. Didn't know that the difficulty can be adjusted might look into that next time I play.

I am really enjoying the game alot one of my favorite on the PS4 and I am just playing the PSN version. I should just get the whole game.

Btw @get2sammyb How come Drive Club Bikes was included in the GOTY choices?

My Backlog

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.