Forums

Topic: Bloodborne Tavern: Impressions, Help, Discussion Board

Posts 421 to 440 of 634

Jaz007

@Octane Yea, but getting cocky will see you dead at the bottom of the mud pretty fast. I rediscovered that as I died in a previous area I was over leveled for when I started playing again. Slightly embarrassingly too.

Jaz007

Kidfried

@Octane You'll be fine. I'm not a very good gamer, but I made it through this game thanks to the wonders of grinding.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried So now you've completed the game, what are your top 5 bosses?

Remember those spoiler tags...

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

Most difficult bosses (excluding DLC):
1. Martyr Logarius
2. Ebreitas
3. Headless Bloodletting Beast
4. Gehrman
5. Shadow of Yahrnam

The top 2 here I really struggled with, and the rest pale in comparison to be honest. Especially after the DLC, which had an overall way higher difficulty if you ask me.

Personal favorite bosses (excluding DLC):
1. Gehrman
2. Moon Presence
3. Father Gascoigne
4. Blood Starved Beast
5. Mergo Wet Nurse

Personally I don't like the humongous bosses so much, because I find the camera just gets too much in my way to make it a cool fight. The camera is really the #1 downside to this game. So I much prefer the somewhat smaller bosses.

I really loved the lore behind Mergo, the way it looked and the gameplay, but the fight was just a bit too easy unfortunately. So, gameplay wise the Shadows or Rom would be my number 5.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried I've grown to hate the last but one boss fight as I've tried so many times i think I've got a bit fed up of facing him! Will have another go after I've done the dlc.

My top 5 are:
Ebreitas
One Reborn
Darkbeast Paarl
Father Gazza
Vicar Amelia

And i can't remember many of the chalice dungeons bosses either, although I've not done too many. I seem to remember a big fire dog thing being quite neat.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

So, I haven’t updated for a couple weeks because I’ve been indisposed but tried to get back into B.B. this weekend. I was able to kill Amygdala with only about 3 or 4 attempts, so I thought I was ready to go back to Cainhurst, but I’m still struggling with even the opening enemies there. Those blood-sucking tick like insect things just tear me apart and there are a ton of them.

I did finally figure out that I think I have my blood gems all set up wrong on my weapons. I now have tons of gems I’ve accumulated and I started putting elemental gems on my weapons. I put fire attack on my saw Cleaver and bolt attack on my Ludwig’s Holy Blade, but as I was fighting these enemies at Cainhurst, I found that I was having to hit those stupid things like 10-12 times to get them down and I was dying a lot. So I went and changed out to just gems that increase attack % only and they go down easier now. So if someone can clarify for me, but it seems that if you put an elemental attack gem on then it seems to negate the physical attack properties of the weapon; the top line labeled attack goes blank. So it seems no matter if you have say, 2 gems that increase physical attack %, and then a fire attack gem too, the 2 gems adding physical attack % appear to be doing nothing. At least that’s what it felt like.
Anyways, I think maybe it best to have one weapon with an elemental gem and one without. Plus the Tonitrus, which gives me another elemental option in a pinch.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jaz007

@Th3solution I’m not sure, but if you have all the stats, it should say the damage stats so you can see what you get. I just go for whatever gives me the highest attack. I think I’m doing it right...

Jaz007

NecuVise

Elemental blood gem changes your attack so I advise you to just increase your physical attack and then apply elemental damage to your weapon when you need it for a boss. That's what I did. Whenever I chose gems I just chose a combination which gives the highest dmg output.

NecuVise

Th3solution

@Jaz007 @NecuVise Thanks! I can’t believe I’m just now figuring this out. Lol.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Took me ages too. Don't think the game is entirely clear on how some of the mechanics work.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder @NecuVise I was trying to read up on this in the wiki and it kinda makes more sense. One thing I think I need to try using rather than having an elemental buff on my weapon is using the empty phantasm shell thing. I haven’t really experimented with that as an alternative to buff arcane damage to a weapon that is primarily physical attack based. Anyone have much experience with that?

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Not sure tbh will have to fire up the game to see what i got equipped. I'm pretty sure I've got a fire thingy on Ludwigs sword through.

As you can see I'm really knowledgeable about that part of the game.

Jaz007

I beat Bloodborne, I saw the other two ending using saves, now I got the true ending. Does someone care to explain what the freak of all that is holy just happened? I thought it was gonna be a good ending, but I don’t know what to to think what I just became. I legit just started spinning in my roly chair then stood up and spinned because I didn’t know what else to do...
Also, anyone else think the last boss is really easy? I beat him first try after only having 7 blood vials and being drained from the previous fight.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

@Jaz007 Who is Dave?

JohnnyShoulder

@Jaz007 Oh right ha ha that makes more sense 😅

As for the ending, well yeah it is a total head f. Don't wanna go into too much detail but it does tie into what is going on the the latter part of the story.

I would recommend going onto the Fextralife.com wiki which explains it really well and VaatiVidya on YouTube.

Th3solution

Man this game has so many little side options and semi-hidden nuggets to do. After speaking to Eileen the first couple times, she told me about the enemy she was hunting and I thought to myself I’d like to help her out, but I need to level up some first — then I promptly got distracted and forgot about her, until now after Rom she totally turned on me and wants to kill me, I guess because I waited too long and didn’t help her out. I usually hate time-limited side quests, but in this game I’m just like, whatever... it’s Bloodborne. The game is so complex and totally unexpected at every turn, that you just start to expect the unexpected. And with no extra save slots, if you miss something, then well — tough luck. But, yeah, like @kyleforrester87 says in the Chit-chat thread, this game nails that feeling of keeping you guessing and not being derivative. It’s a gamer’s game where the conventional methods and mechanics are there but in a way that doesn’t feel ‘same-y’.

Anyways, so I’m now trying to just get rid of Eileen because apparently she friggin hates me now. Won’t even try to let me explain myself and just attacks me at first site 😅, and she is owning me. I can hardly get her to half health before being sliced and diced. The chic is so fast with those dang blades! I want those blades! And that crow outfit!

Edited on by Th3solution

kyleforrester87

@Th3solution

But, yeah, like @kyleforrester87 says in the Chit-chat thread, this game nails that feeling of keeping you guessing and not being derivative. It’s a gamer’s game where the conventional methods and mechanics are there but in a way that doesn’t feel ‘same-y’.

Nice way of putting it!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic