Forums

Topic: Overwatch - OT

Posts 361 to 380 of 573

WanderingBullet

@Tasuki:

I read in an article that the reason they made it so you couldn't unlock them with currency is because they wanted people to have to grind for the skins and by doing that it makes the skins feel a bit more special. Thing is though why make it so you can use real money then to get a box?

That's what a lot of people including me don't get. If you want the items to be rare and special than you shouldn't be selling the Summer games loot boxes in the first place. Not saying that you're guaranteed to get the items that you want when you purchased the loot boxes but it does to a certain extent up your chances. Another idea, would be for Blizzard to allow players to purchase event items with the standard in-game currency but increase the price of the items, for example between 1,500-2,000 for a Legendary item instead of 1,000.

I opened my last loot box last night, saw a gold coin (hoping I'd be finally be getting the Zarya skin) but it turned out to be another 500 currency. > <

@PlaytendoGuy: Not sure about Epic (Purple) items but someone did the math, and apparently you should get a Legendary (Gold) item every 10-13 boxes opened. Also you won't go beyond 24 boxes without at least getting one Legendary item is what he mentioned.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Tasuki

@WanderingBullet: I think the idea of selling the Loot Boxes is from the parent company of Blizzard Activision/Blizzard. They have a similar thing in CoD.

Anyway the past few nights I have really sunk sometime in to Overwatch. I tried Mercy for the first time last night, and really enjoyed healing with her.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

ChoZanWan

Just bought the game and slowly getting my head around it. Normally don't play online but this is a very enjoyable experience.

ChoZanWan

PSN: ChoZanWan | Twitter:

Tasuki

So last night I was able to play with a few co-workers of mine who were taking advantage of the free weekend and I can see how good team work and communication work out really well. We won most of our matches, i'd say 7 out of 10 and then only ones we lost is when we got placed against really well organized teams and the other members of our team were just off somewhere else rather then doing the objective. I mostly played Mercy while my one co-worker was playing Reinhardt and my otherco-worker was playing Genji. Probably the most fun I had in Overwatch since launch.

My Backlog

Tasuki

Had another great night on Overwatch tonight. We had some really close games especially one payload match on the Gibraltar map. That one was so close that the other team were just a few inches from winning it when our team was able to hold them off for the last minute. I will say that was probably the longest minute ever in Overwatch lol.

One thing though I have to say I really dislike the Temple of Anubis map. It seems that once a team gets control of B point there is no way to lose. I played from both sides both attacking and holding it and it just seems off balance. With that choke point and everything it just seems impossible to take especially if the other team uses a Bastion. Anyone else notice this or am I just missing something?

My Backlog

daveofduncan

I can't get into this game at all. There seems to be something missing for me. A lot of useless classes also (I know they all have a purpose) maybe it'll be better with a few friends but still not a massive fan.

In need of a new friend's list. Apply within!

PSN: borntodave

Devotion

Am I the only one who thinks that Pharah needs some adjustments? She's noticeably weaker than a lot of other heroes in terms of both DPS and survivability. The direct hits with her rockets does a lot of damage, but the travel time with her rockets are so slow that it's hard to get consistent direct hits throughout the matches, and the splash damage is low. She hovers slow in the air which makes it too easy to hit her in my opinion. Her ultimate ability makes her so vulnerable that most heroes can just turn around to shut down her ultimate unless she has a damage boost from Mercy, or something like that.

Devotion

Tasuki

@Devotion: I can't really say since I have never played Pharah at all. However I can see why they would make her a bit weaker since she can attack from literally any angle.

My Backlog

WanderingBullet

@Tasuki: Did you attend Blizzcon 2016? I'm looking at the characters gallery, and there's a Bastion Blizzcon 2016 skin that you can get from their goodie bag.

Mergatro1d

@Devotion: I agree that she's too vulnerable when unleashing her ultimate but apart from that I find her pretty well balanced and she's often my go-to hero. I use her (as I'm sure most people do) as a kind of heavy duty sniper as she's great at taking out Bastions and turrets, and timing it right so the enemy runs straight into a direct hit is incredibly satisfying, In tight spaces though, yeah she's pretty much a sitting duck.

Mergatro1d

PSN: mergatro1d

Tasuki

@WanderingBullet: Blizzcon 2016 doesn't happen till next month. You can get there goodie bag if you order the Virtual Ticket as well. Just go to the Blizzcon site and check out Virtual Ticket.

My Backlog

WanderingBullet

@Tasuki: Oh, I see. I thought the event had already passed after seeing that Bastion skin. Anyways, its good way to market their event through their game.lol

Tasuki

@WanderingBullet: No I think once you order the stream you get the in game stuff emailed to you. I honestly don't remember as it's been a few years since I ordered the Virtual Ticket, but I do remember getting in game stuff. Mostly it was a pet for World of Warcraft but at that time the only games they had were WoW and Starcraft.

My Backlog

Tasuki

So played a bit today and it was nice seeing the Halloween stuff. The only one I noticed really was the Hollywood map, it had horror type movie posters now and Halloween decorations all over the place. I got a few loot boxes as well. But only Halloween voice lines for people I don't play. I really want the Mercy Witch skin. It's nice though that you can but the skins with credits now but 30,000 I think it was.

Haven't tried the Co-Op brawl yet but it sounds to me like Black Ops Zombies. Might give it a go later on.

My Backlog

WanderingBullet

@Tasuki: I checked the price just out of curiosity and it cost $40.x_x Given the choice, I think I would rather spend it on the loot boxes.lol

WanderingBullet

By the way, did you guys received 11 free loot boxes? I haven't played Overwatch for the past 3 weeks so I was surprised when I saw free 11 loot boxes (12 if you include the Halloween box) when I logged in. Initially, I thought it was 12 Halloween boxes since the R1 and L1 buttons weren't working. It was only after I had opened the Halloween box that the other 11 standard boxes showed up.

Tasuki

@WanderingBullet: Hmmm that's odd. I know you got a free loot box with the Summer games event and now the Halloween event, so if you didn't get the summer one I guess if it carried over you would at least have 2 free boxes.

The only thing I can think off is you didn't open some when you leveled up. Either that could it have been a hack job?

My Backlog

WanderingBullet

@Tasuki: One of my PSN friends said it was a compensation due to servers being downed or something for SEA players.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.